I thought this was supposed to be a slow month?

Beeks

Name
J.R.
from what i learned from working as sub in the past, and doing research i thought as kids get outta school, the phones die down some. Well not here, besides nov dec this has been the highest calls i have had(over last 30 days) in a month. Though my calls have been gradually increasing for a while now, i was curious if out of school time is normally a little slower for you guys?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
It seems a little busier than normal, but I don't really pay attention to this stuff. I'm booked into the first week of July now and people are starting to bitch. I want to get to the Fleetwood Mac show tomorrow night at the Joe and it's going to be a struggle to get there on time. Then Thursday is going to be a struggle...:very_drunk:

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
This has been a strange year for me. The first quarter was the slowest I have had in many years, then the first week in May hit and I have been booked two weeks out. I have lost thousands because I couldn't get to a lot of people. May is college moveout month here and I get slammed. Also trying to service regular customers and tons of homes going on the market. I really need another truck.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
This has been a strange year for me. The first quarter was the slowest I have had in many years, then the first week in May hit and I have been booked two weeks out. I have lost thousands because I couldn't get to a lot of people. May is college moveout month here and I get slammed. Also trying to service regular customers and tons of homes going on the market. I really need another truck.

When i got booked two weeks out and began to lose work, i hired someone. I am getting there again, so i hired my second guy today, he starts to train on thursday. Rinse and repeat. I want to work ON the buis not so much IN it as much anymore, love my job, just prefer to work ON it. Some may say im getting ahead of myself, and that maybe true, but like i said before my goal is to have a 4-5 trucks going and me not be on them. Shit why lie my goal is to have a crap ton of trucks going!!!!

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Here we had a cold gloomy spring. Calls started with the sun and warm up of the weather.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
It's all over the place, JR. Just about the only given is, come -5(Jan/Feb) things slow down.

Last two months have been our best ever, then all of a sudden, nothing... Couple of days later, the phone starts ringing again. Seems like they all call on the same day.

My issue, when busy I'm not able to do the things that got me busy. Sooner or later it catches up with us.

Becker

Name
Becker
This year has been fantastic.

May was awesome.

June though nov is often just madness.
This June so far is banner.

I'm certain not counting 2nd van sales 2013 will be a record , not that the past 5 have not been year over year. But this year will be banner.

With luck by dec ill have 2 2012 vans. Already have a buyer for my 06.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
so it sounds like everyone is on a good pace right now, maybe we can contribute this to the economy gettin somewhat better?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Same here bad first quarter and then Mike posts about busy or not and Wham! We've been running ever since. :icon_cool:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Berlls to the wall over here, college dorm just told me we are moving too slow :bull:
Have to kick it in overdrive now!

Working half days now ... 12 hours on 12 hours off

Name
Ponder
with such a nice looking van you should...

That's interesting Joey, i figured you being in Fla, your busiest would be nov dec as well?

Sholom wrote: HI Beeks with your van wraped like that you should let me make some magnets for you to match your van did you see the other magnets I made for the other guys
1-800-758-2743 Stamp Works

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
from what i learned from working as sub in the past, and doing research i thought as kids get outta school, the phones die down some. Well not here, besides nov dec this has been the highest calls i have had(over last 30 days) in a month. Though my calls have been gradually increasing for a while now, i was curious if out of school time is normally a little slower for you guys?
this has been
June should always be a big one for most cleaners. The kids being out of school actually creates opportunity for most of us. Most people who move , wheter they rent or are purchasing a home tend to move in the summer while the weather is nice and before the start of a new school year. Also when the rain and mud of spring dry up people are more confident that their choice to have their floors cleaned as the chances of them getting dirty will be less if it is warm and dry outside

Reactions: Beeks
Back
Top Bottom