I understand....

M

Mark Imbesi

....that prices go up. But by all means, update your website to reflect the change!

I had my suspicions when the charge for the order finally hit my bank account. I came up with $22 for shipping 3 quart bottles! Im like WTF? Got the bill and it reflects $13.00 for shipping and a $3.05 increase per quart! I would have ordered the product closer to home if I would have known of this unadvertised increase!

Keep your $9.15....but I will look for alternate sources and products from now on!

Thanks for reading....

Name
Nate W.
Marc Imbesi said:
....that prices go up. But by all means, update your website to reflect the change!

I had my suspicions when the charge for the order finally hit my bank account. I came up with $22 for shipping 3 quart bottles! Im like WTF? Got the bill and it reflects $13.00 for shipping and a $3.05 increase per quart! I would have ordered the product closer to home if I would have known of this unadvertised increase!

Keep your $9.15....but I will look for alternate sources and products from now on!

Thanks for reading....

You think that's bad, think about them boys down under......... They get shafted more then I do.... And I get shafted on shipping...... :evil:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Nate....You live on a freking Island Quit whining :evil:

Marc after paying Hoodie a TON of cash to work on our site it isn't as quick and easy nor cheap to get a webiste that does everyting you want and kep it up to the minute. I am not trying to make excuses but calling is always cheaper (at least calling me) as the website isn't smart enough or maybe we are not smart enough to get it to combine shipping or give the shipping disocunts we offer etc. Call whoever it was up and talk to them. If it is a small company without big pockets to pay IT guys to sit and work on the web all day you might want to cut them a little slack. Just a thought :)

F

FB7777

man imbesi, for a big tough talking itAliAno you sure have been a whiny lil bitch lately about suppliers

I can't stand you gutless homos that run to the bulletin boards first :mrgreen:

man up and give John a call

all over $22 JHC, I can't remember the last time I placed a supply order for less than $500

did you move 2400 miles away to outrun your creditors :?: :shock:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
fred boyle said:
man imbesi, for a big tough talking itAliAno you sure have been a whiny lil bitch lately about suppliers

I can't stand you gutless homos that run to the bulletin boards first :mrgreen:

man up and give John a call

all over $22 JHC, I can't remember the last time I placed a supply order for less than $500

Just for the record it wasn't me he ordered from just thought I would share what we are going through on our website being a little guy with no money

Name
Nate W.

shiteatinggrin You're just jealous..... shiteatinggrin

Able 1

Name
Keith
Today I paid $25 for a 12oz bottle of Prochems zoop spotter.... Kind of done with the local Prochem disty.. Zoop never worked for me in the past ,but I have some blood stained upholestry to do tomorrow.. I think the $1.35 bottle of HP from pick & save, would have been just fine.

Htf can a 12oz. bottle of spotter cost $25?

M

Mark Imbesi

fred boyle said:
I can't remember the last time I placed a supply order for less than $500

...and how many ppl working for you? Vans?

you want my credit report? Go to the corner of 13th St and Porter, Philly....talk to Vinny Mancioni (not to be confused with Jimmy Mandingo)...he'll vouch for me

Problem solved by not using their product any longer....

Sorry to speak of misfortunes....from now on its Kumbaya, My Friend....Kumbaya!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Nate The Great said:
[quote="John Olson":24qza466]Nate....You live on a freking Island Quit whining :evil:

Marc after paying Hoodie a TON of cash to work on our site it isn't as quick and easy nor cheap to get a webiste that does everyting you want and kep it up to the minute. I am not trying to make excuses but calling is always cheaper (at least calling me) as the website isn't smart enough or maybe we are not smart enough to get it to combine shipping or give the shipping disocunts we offer etc. Call whoever it was up and talk to them. If it is a small company without big pockets to pay IT guys to sit and work on the web all day you might want to cut them a little slack. Just a thought :)

shiteatinggrin You're just jealous..... shiteatinggrin[/quote:24qza466]
Maybe I am.....but what does that have to do with your whining :p :p

Name
Nate W.
Justa Beaver said:
he doesn't live there by choice, I think he was banished there! Crazy pervert! :p

:lol:

There's no place like home..... :lol: :lol:

shiteatinggrin You're just jealous..... shiteatinggrin[/quote:1bdsoaoo]
Maybe I am.....but what does that have to do with your whining :p :p[/quote:1bdsoaoo]

Easy there telephone tough guy...... If you were here in person, I'd throw you out a perfectly good airplane.... :twisted:

Shorty Down Under said:
So, I live on a bloody island also ya know.

I wanted a moisture meter for a job, so I sent an enquiry, like, how much for freight????

The answer.......................

"The cost to ship 1 Tramex to you would be $104.91 USD" thathurts

Personally, I think this to be a bit exhorbitant, what do you think. :oops:

Considering I have had heavier, larger items sent to me for 1/4 of that price, I tend to wonder sometimes and think that I may need to go to another source, of which there are many.

End of rant.

Ooroo,

:roll:

I feel your pain but not as much as Aussies or the dudes up top in Canada.....

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Shorty Down Under said:

I wanted a moisture meter for a job, so I sent an enquiry, like, how much for freight????

"The cost to ship 1 Tramex to you would be $104.91 USD" thathurts

Considering I have had heavier, larger items sent to me for 1/4 of that price, I tend to wonder sometimes and think that I may need to go to another source, of which there are many.

End of rant.

Ooroo,

You didn't ask me now did ya! You know you can go to usps.com and check how much it is to ship items.
Lets say the package weighed 2lbs here are your options. Now if they shipped it UPS it would have been the $104 you was qouted. I hate shipping international with UPS. Only way to go is USPS unless it is oversized then your screwed.

Global Express Guaranteed® (GXG)*
Maximum Value for Contents: $2,499.00
See Service Guide Before Mailing
Max. length 46", width 35", height 46" and max. length plus girth combined 108" 1 - 3 business days Calculate Calculate
Express Mail® International
(Calculate Guaranteed Date)
Max. length 36", max. length plus girth 79" 3 - 5 business days $39.00 $35.88

Priority Mail® International
Max. length 42", max. length plus girth combined 79" 6 - 10 business days $32.35 $30.73
Priority Mail® International Large Flat Rate Box
USPS Supplied Large Box: 12" x 12" x 5 1/2".
Maximum weight 20 pounds. 6 - 10 business days $55.95 $53.15

Priority Mail® International Medium Flat Rate Box
USPS Supplied Medium Box:
13 5/8" x 11 7/8" x 3 3/8" or 11" x 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".
Maximum weight 20 pounds. 6 - 10 business days $43.45 $41.28

Priority Mail® International Small Flat Rate Box*
Maximum Value for Contents: $400.00
USPS Supplied Small Box: 8 5/8" x 5 3/8" x 1 5/8".
Maximum weight 4 pounds. 6 - 10 business days $13.45 $12.78

First-Class Mail® International Package*
Maximum Value for Contents: $400.00
Other than rolls: Max. length 24", max length, height and depth (thickness) combined 36"
Rolls: Max. length 36". Max length and twice the diameter combined 42" Varies by country $17.64 Not available

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Marc Imbesi said:

Thanks for reading....

Marc,

I definitely sense your frustration. Having an online store is complicated with keeping it updated on pricing, and products from every manufacturer. As John said it take a lot of work, time and money. I think I had an advantage being a cleaner, and working on John's site. I asked myself how I wanted a site to navigate as a cleaner, with the programming I had to work with, and also make it easier for us to update it quickly. I will still be doing work on Superior's site as time goes on. Starting probably tonight the store will close, and we've found a way to get a very accurate shipping price, on most everything listed in the store. But I have to go in and edit all 800+ items individually. Although there are some large items that will need to have people call for shipping pricing.

M

Mark Imbesi

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Marc,

I definitely sense your frustration. Having an online store is complicated with keeping it updated on pricing, and products from every manufacturer. As John said it take a lot of work, time and money. I think I had an advantage being a cleaner, and working on John's site. I asked myself how I wanted a site to navigate as a cleaner, with the programming I had to work with, and also make it easier for us to update it quickly. I will still be doing work on Superior's site as time goes on. Starting probably tonight the store will close, and we've found a way to get a very accurate shipping price, on most everything listed in the store. But I have to go in and edit all 800+ items individually. Although there are some large items that will need to have people call for shipping pricing.

You know it wasn't John, right? This company has, like......three things on their site.... :roll:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Yes, I know that. But I've had a lot of input privately from folks here and appreciate it. I hope we're providing what they're looking for.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Justa Beaver":2x14ge3u]
shiteatinggrin

Shorty Down Under said:

"The cost to ship 1 Tramex to you would be $104.91 USD"
thathurts

End of rant.

Ooroo,

[/quote:2x14ge3u]

I feel your pain but not as much as Aussies or the dudes up top in Canada.....

What am I, a flamin' Kiwi :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :?: :oops: shiteatinggrin

M

Mark Imbesi

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Yes, I know that. But I've had a lot of input privately from folks here and appreciate it. I hope we're providing what they're looking for.

My rants should be a learning experience for all, and boy, have I been teaching lessons w/Phoenix businesses. I've gone through a lifetime of chiropractors, accountants, insurance agents, etc...I need strong people behind me to make me successful...and I wont quit until I find them....

Mikey P

Administrator
Marc Imbesi said:
[quote="Steven Hoodlebrink":lff6ehw3]
Marc,

You know it wasn't John, right? This company has, like......three things on their site.... :roll:[/quote:lff6ehw3]

So Jeremy is slacking eh?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We have been working on shipping rates for our Web Cart for about six months.

I have looked at many systems for finding the best shipping rates ...

None of them that I have looked at, can give you the absolute best shipping rate.

As John mentioned, there are MANY size and weight restrictions to calculate for determining the lowest shipping rate.

Shipping wands is a good example.
The maximum length of 42" by mail makes it more expensive to ship these internationally.

Flat rate boxes can be a great way to ship some types of products.

We ship 30# of a concentrated Powder Detergent to Malaysia for about $55.

Our 2X Encapsulate SR was developed to minimize shipping charges.

We do ship larger weight orders by ocean freight, but it does take more time.

For now, we are using a flat rate shipping charge on our cart based on the $ amount of the order.

Our minimum shipping charge is $8.95 for up to $25 in products.

That drops to 5% on large orders.

Thanks;
Larry

M

Mark Imbesi

Ken Snow said:
Only thing worse than public gripping is public gripping without saying who the gripe is about :-)

Because I respect Ken's opinions......the culprit was.......Judson labs.....

....phone number on website didnt work

....gave CC info and requested an email confirmation of total.....never recd

....reviewed bill once package came to find 21.95/qt, as advertised on website, became $25.00/qt

....and the fact that my simple request (instructions) were not followed, solidifies my opinion that Marty's side of the TM story was prolly correct and he unjustly raked over the coals.....

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Thanks Marc-

A charge can not be put through for more than an advertised price. In fact grocery stores are fined if their register rings wrong amount resulting in an overcharge. Hopefully you will be credited out if this was the case with your order.

Ken

Bjorn

wow all this over a couple of bucks

k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2a8TRSgzZYk]

M

Mark Imbesi

Odin said:
wow all this over a couple of bucks

3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2a8TRSgzZY3]

What part of "Keep your $9.05" didnt you understand? I stated my actions b/c of this. This post was NEVER ABOUT THE MONEY! It was intended to bring to the attention of others some company's business practices.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
[/quote]

I feel your pain but not as much as Aussies or the dudes up top in Canada.....[/quote]

a769_thumb.jpg

Bjorn

864-233-6442

yep the phone number works just checked

so your pissed of because of 9 dollars

My god I hope you never ever make a mistake

maybe your got charged the Yankee price

for you to rake someone over the coals for such a minor offence

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Marc Imbesi said:
What part of "Keep your $9.05" didnt you understand? I stated my actions b/c of this. This post was NEVER ABOUT THE MONEY! It was intended to bring to the attention of others some company's business practices.

I can see your frustration, but I would think in this instance, it is a little more of a oversight, than a example of a company's business practices.
Everyone knows Les has not been posting here as much as he used to because his dad has been sick, and he has been spending time with him.
He gets a pass on a 9 dollar overcharge if you ask me.
I'm sure he will "take care of it", when he becomes aware.

Ron K

I understand that prices are aways changing but to say it's a pain in the ass to update your web site is lame in my opinion. You're selling product on the internet if you can't do it then don't. Do you think we change our prices everytime gas goes up or down at the pumps. "Sorry Mrs Pifter the price for cleaning is higher cause the price of regular went up 10 cents." Time to put on your BIG-BOY PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or start selling Wine!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom