I wonder if his chimps watch You Tube..

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Every one needs to watch this video:

1. It reminds you that employees do things to cost you money and you need to watch out for those potential issues. Almost everything he described in wasted time, theft, equipment abuse, and "pocketing cash" are carpet cleaning and restoration company problems too.

2. It reminds you that we get the employees we deserve. His attitude and language speak volumes about what the work atmosphere is like there. I cannot imagine that his customers that are worth "$1000.00" to him are treated as well as he'd like.

I say this because I doubt his employees have any degree of loyalty or desire to do much more than what the job asks of them, if that.

They're just "pricks" that "screw off" and steal, after all.

People live up to what you expect of them, and live down to what you suspect of them.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
He's almost a parody of a bad boss.

Nothing he said about what employees do is wrong; I've seen it all happen, some of it to me. But I've also had customers like him, and their employees resent the attitude, and end up being worse than the boss.

Imagine a cheerful, clean living, honest and honorable clean cut young man working in that environment.

How long would he last?

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
When you have a position that no one really wants and you want to grow more than the truck you run, youre stuck with your options. Seems like anybody good enough will be the one who may want to start their own. I worked for Sears Carpet Cleaning back in the late 80's and all 15-20 techs except for 1 did not give a shit about loyalty and doing the right thing. They wanted to keep their job but were definitely risk takers. Taking cash for protector, neighbors carpet, a side job around the corner etc.. So you might as well tellem youre watching like a hawk and they will be held accountable for any and all mishaps.

Ive always thought about hiring someone as an owner operator partner of the work he or she does. (not partner of the whole company) You have a better chance at getting a more qualified person. Someone who will care about the company name youre trying to build. Could turn into a pyramid type system.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Probably the biggest reason most of us are 1 truck owner operators. Have a employee on the truck with you.

Reactions: Mikey P
J

JS41035

So a 10 dollar an hour job that fines you for every potential mistake. Sign me up.
Why constantly be at war with your employees. If the engine uses a quart of oil, your at fault? Not even sure that's legal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom