I wonder what the psychology behind this is

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
I'm not sure that you have as much of a correlation as you might think Mike.

The vast, VAST majority of carpet cleaners do not do a dry vacuum step before HWE (and many before VLM... :eekk:).
Thank you for not using the ignorant phrase "pre-vacuum"
I get you the numbers of the two identical cases I'm dealing with today, and you can sell them a new wand.

People get a little grouchy when they spend 15 to 1800 and can't move it.

They want me to guarantee one of my Glides is the solution to their problem, not going to happen

I had a guy a couple weeks ago telling me that the hybrid glide on his aw29 was too much for him to push...
Those guys are one of two things or maybe both
-lazy
-weak

I learned how to clean carpet and cleaned that way for 4 years with a prochem quad without a glide. If my scrawny little arms can wand with a wand like that, they need to get out of this business. I remember pushing and pulling one of those $1500-$1800 (stupid overprice) wands. It's not as bad as you're describing. I think it's more operator error than ease of use

But back to your original statement. If they refuse to vacuum, they need to learn to wand without a glide to pick up all the junk. Tell them to buy a protein shake with that glide money to build muscle to move that glide less wand if they're too lazy to vacuum

• Haha
Reactions: Mikey P

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I haven't had one of THOSE calls in a while but, wow, did people take advantage of her.

The over 50 club wouldn't just get one glide, they'd get some for their buddies too.

when most, if not all, found out I wasn't playing that game, they bought lesser import junk elsewhere

Had a twenty something ask if he could get the same deal his recently deceased dad got....

Another deadbeat said he would go to her house and "pick up a bunch" from her, no doubt selling them...

She gave away more money then she earned..

and she has zilch to show for it

Just a decrepit old Pug named Marty, and it's twenty something relatives..
NO.....she has plenty to show for it if admiration counts......

Reactions: hogjowl

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
What is the blue board?

It was one of the numerous industry bulletin boards from yesteryear, and before the birth of Mikeysboard.

The exchanges between Mikey, Marty, Bob V, Fred Boyle, Jimmy Ladwig, and a few others you might know was beyond venomous in those days.

Even Marty's stabs at Mikey now are love taps compared to those days.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

FredC

Village Idiot
just keep copying idiotness

Dry vacuuming is the proper way to say it. prevacuuming is made up. My spell check even red lines it. Doof

learn to spell and use hyphens.jpg

• Haha

Mikey P

Administrator
It's true back in the blue board days I wouldn't have bothered to piss on Marty's grave..

But now I have every intention to attend this funeral.

To piss on his grave, but more importantly get those six Glides back...

• Haha

FredC

Village Idiot
Some fun quotes from Marty John posted from there

hogjowl

Idiot™
Some fun quotes from Marty John posted from there

I didn’t go through all of those but I don’t EVER remember being so happy with that POS machine I bought from John. It vibrated pictures off walls! I’m thinking/ sure some editing was done,

hogjowl

Idiot™
Mike ran him off years back.
He fell in love with John later after he started selling John’s machines, but only after his new best buddy Mr. Labcoat bought (John) Guerkink’s company. Then, of course, he and Labcoat fell out.

IMG_1939.png

roro

Name
Ross Craig
I'd love to read those arguments in the past. Is there still a link to that board?
Here's the final post in a bit of a robust discussion on the red board in 02. What gents they were:biggrin:

"Thanks X. I respect your wealth of knowledge and real world experience. I just wish you would share it without the put-downs to those who are sincere about wanting to learn from you. You have a lot to offer.
Thanks again for the explanation; I hope to meet you someday."

Mikey P

Administrator
Mike ran him off years back.
He fell in love with John later after he started selling John’s machines, but only after his new best buddy Mr. Labcoat bought (John) Guerkink’s company. Then, of course, he and Labcoat fell out.
I fell in love with Charles Heaberlin's machines, John's were horrible.

Charles worked for John and took over the designing and building from John and his son many years ago.

John sold the company to one of his biggest buyers, Ted Borecki about shortly after TOPS started advertising here

Lab Coat Tim has nothing to do wiht any of it, but we can pretend that Marty is right as lying on the internet appears to be his only joy in life.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Here's the final post in a bit of a robust discussion on the red board in 02. What gents they were:biggrin:

"Thanks X. I respect your wealth of knowledge and real world experience. I just wish you would share it without the put-downs to those who are sincere about wanting to learn from you. You have a lot to offer.
Thanks again for the explanation; I hope to meet you someday."
Wow that goes all the way back to '02? My first year in business

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom