I won't buy Prochem again

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
We advertised we have CRI-SOA approved equipment in our system and we got a threatening letter from CRI SOA so I called the people I purchased from and they said called prochem and they basiclay told me to go **** myself. Ace the CRI-SOA and ace Prochem

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Re: do not buy Prochem

I am saying they don't stand by their sales pitch. I don't believe in the CRI-SOA program but when I bought my equipment they said "now you can say you have gold sealed equipment" so I did and got a letter threatening to sue me. I don't give a rats ass about CRI-SOA but when I called prochem and told them the issude they basicly told me to go **** myself. No problem I said my everest has almost 3000 hrs and the apex the same bruin is at 2600 so it is almost time for new machines and I have decided even though I have only purchased prochem and Century 400 machines I will definitely change my buying pattern

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

Considering the low regard I have for the SOA program, this piques my curiosity Greg.

May I ask you to share what the specific objection was to your ad and what exactly was said to you by the Prochem representative?

Jimbo

All good Gumbas use Prochem, Greg.

A plague on the cri and those that support them.

John Olson

Name
John Olson

Nobody at Prochem would tell you to go ace youself Greg. What actually was said and who said it. Prochem has nothing to do with the CRI other then the fact that got robbed at first. They stopped having the products tested as they realized they were getting robbed. Not sure what you demanded of them and from who but I am sure there is way more to this

Becker

Name
Becker

Reminds me of the guy that had a heated conversation with toto vac. Then came here telling us not to do bussiness with them.

Wish I could recall who that bridge burner was.

Name
Lee Stockwell

I would love to see a boycott of....(sorry)..manufacturers that continue to submit to and thus support this extortion.

The Gold Seal should be in the same Zoo as the Pink Walrus.

Imaginary creatures that have no practical benefit for Carpet Cleaners.

randy

Name
Randy

Post the letter that was sent to you, that would be an interesting read. Frankly I don't see them having a case. If your equipment is CRI approved and your not in error on that, then what are they alleging. Trademark misuse ? If you are noting the trademark correctly you can use it in your ad. That being said, why put it in your ad. It certainly won't help sales of your services. Customers have never heard of CRI, the IICRC or any of those scumbag extortionist organizations. Screw them all, cleaners should ignore all of it and just focus on selling your services. Not sure Prochem is to blame, but I can understand your frustration.

CRI was corrupt from day one.

We should be picketing the CRI & IICRC booths at Connections. Expose them for what they are where all the newbies can see.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard

Nothing to do with the CRI but I say boycott prochem because they are a horrible company. I used Dry slurry exclusively for 15 years. There was a local janitorial company that carried it and they are great people to do business with. Well apparently Prochem decided he was undercutting a larger distributor an hour away and pulled his ability to buy direct from them. They essentially said pis off! So I told Prochem to pis off. there is a reason why all their employees left and went to Sapphire Scientific, including their top chemist. Sorry prochem, your not the only game in town and I will spend my money with a company I like.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

its funny because I know the crew I am dealing with so I did take down the names and the numbers but I am not in my office right now. I also took the names and numbers of the people at CRI SOA and I will scan the letter in the am and post it all. As of right now I have a Everest, Apex and Bruin 2 up for sale

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

Reminds me of the guy that had a heated conversation with toto vac. Then came here telling us not to do bussiness with them.

Wish I could recall who that bridge burner was
I put my money where my mouth is and since you have no money I guess we see where you are. Who didn't show up to Mikeyfest err rotovac and I encourage people not to do business with them. I am sorry if I stand my ground I guess that is why your a noncustodial parent

John Olson

Name
John Olson

I'll give you 9k for all three since your boycotting them you should just give them to me but to help pay for taking them out I think 9k is fair when and where should I have the truck pick them up?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

we will retire one at a time. I will let the everst go for 14000 which I think is a great deal for the hours and well maintained

Able 1

Name
Keith

Bundy said:
its funny because I know the crew I am dealing with so I did take down the names and the numbers but I am not in my office right now. I also took the names and numbers of the people at CRI SOA and I will scan the letter in the am and post it all. As of right now I have a Everest, Apex and Bruin 2 up for sale

What do you want for your Apex? I started running mine 2 weeks ago, pretty bad ass tm. Did you change your blower belts to the 46" or have you kept 47's on it. How many hours do you get on your belts either way?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

changed the belts 1300 hrs ago. One is pretty dry and I keep eyeing but the other is pretty tight. I will sell the Everest and Bruin before the APEX

John Olson

Name
John Olson

Ok what is it? You putting your money where your mouth
is or was that just a grown ass man acting like a spoiled little girl.

You said your boycotting Prochem so you should have them ripped out before the next job. Put up or shut up right?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

boycotting but not stoooopid. I won't buy another product and am selling off what i have

John Olson

Name
John Olson

Bundy said:
boycotting but not stoooopid.
ummmmmm yeah...I think the jury is still out on that one. Throwing a tantrum be because the CRI sent you a letter and blaming a company you have had nothing but success with is the definition of smart?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

So basically........... when you bought the machines they were certified by the cri/soa? Now procjem pulled out of the program. and there new machines are not certifed. But If the units you have were certified at one time or another, whether prochem still gets them certified or not... they should still be from previous certifications. right? or wrong?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

Johm don't be a douche if your willing to be an ass toe to toe fine but I doubt that. They sent me a letter saying they will sue me and there is no reason for that. I don't want to get sued by a comapny I spent 60g's with and if you wan to call me names I will be in Conn this summer and you know I ain't full of shit.......True

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

unfortunately i am such I mnoron I spent hours searching and cn't find it

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes

Just use Rug Doctors They have the CRI's Gold Seal :lol: :lol:

I don't think the average customer knows or cares who the CRI or IICRC is. They just want to hire a pro. Why not tell them you are board certified? (Mikey's Board)

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

Bundy said:
Johm don't be a douche if your willing to be an ass toe to toe fine but I doubt that. They sent me a letter saying they will sue me and there is no reason for that. I don't want to get sued by a comapny I spent 60g's with and if you wan to call me names I will be in Conn this summer and you know I ain't full of shit.......True

I'm sure you're mis-using the trademark, as Fred is trying to explain. Its sort of like Bane was sending out C&D letters to anyone who used "their" hose border on mailings or logos. Many folks got those letters.

Scott Rogers

Bundy said:

You think John is being the ass in this thread. LMAO Look in the mirror!!

All you do is bitch and whine .

Newman

Name
Chris Newman

joeynbgky said:
So basically........... when you bought the machines they were certified by the cri/soa? Now procjem pulled out of the program. and there new machines are not certifed. But If the units you have were certified at one time or another, whether prochem still gets them certified or not... they should still be from previous certifications. right? or wrong?

Just like the IICRC, pay up or be de certified.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom