Icapsul trouble

I broke my icapsul machine again. This time the aluminum housing on the bottom of the machine cracked off a piece of the housing. I am wondering could all the prespray we put down, and the citrus spiking be causing the metal to weaken or degrade on the unit. I do not ever squirt off the prespray after use, so there is lots of dwell time. So does it break down the aluminum. Or maybe I need to put the icapsul back on residential only (lighter duty) when they fix it. Thank You, Ron

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Agreed.

I am not sure I understand what broke. Which part of the housing broke? I stopped keeping the lint tray in the machine a few months ago. I am on my 3rd set of belts. I am waiting for it to quit so I can buy a whittaker or one of clark's machines.

I use my mostly on tile/grout. I am sure those chems are not good for it.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have one, have had some problems but nothing like some of you guys have had

call John Olson(from this BB), he has parts

I guess it ain't built like a tank like Rick G said

Name
Bruce
I've had mine almost 2 years and use it weekly , never had one problem with it. It most cases there is always one lemon , in this case could have gotten the one good out of the batch?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Unless you're seeing actual corrosion on the surface, I doubt that the aluminium below the surface is being degraded. More than likely broke due to rough use or just plain built to light.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The problem is the chemicals and the Aluminum. Windsor is very aware of the problems. Karcher has given Windsor a directive to figure it out and fix it.

There are some chemicals that seem to cause more issues. I am willing to bet you are using the same as the other people that are having corrosion problems. What Windosr should have done was use Aircraft Aluminum or stainless steel to begin with and it wouldn't have mattered but they didn't anticipate what carpet cleaners wold do to the machines they built for encapslation.

Part of the problem was those of us selling them didn't understand how they where constructed and frankly over sold them. I have had zero issues with anyone just using them for encap but once people use them with certain chemicals for pre-scrubbing things start corroding.

You can limit this by rinsing your machine and putting it away dry or switching to to less corrosive chemicals.

Name
Jesse
They didn't learn much from the Rombus that they sold thousands of, for years, while raping people on the gears. Those were made of cast sh*t, very low grade, in fact I'd call it rude.

Drew from Gelinas's company in florida is calling windsor on my behalf. Will wait and see. The value of the board. Anyway will be putting this machine to only prescrub judson juice in a residential setting. Hopefully that won't be to corrosive for it. Olsen Rocks, Mickeys board Rocks. Without it I am just a lamb going to slaughter. Ron

Ron

I too have a iCapsol and spent over 500.00 on it in the first year due to non warranted parts. By the time the warranty ran out I was so feed up the this POS but Windsor told me to take a hike and had no interest in fixing their CHINESE crap.

Rick tried to help out but go nothing done. Then John Olsen tried to help out even when I bought it from Rick. John talked to Pro Chem but again nothing happened.

Lets this be a warning to all who sell this product WINDSOR will not stand up when it gets tough, what they will do it all the corporate BS and excuses.

Does Bridgepoint own Windsor ?

Update, Got a call from Drew at Excellent supply. Windsor is very interested in the problem I am having with their machine. I am to submit pictures of the problem. It looks like they are going to help. I will know more in a few days. Thank You

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Sorry Chris :( I am still working it to get something for you. If you had bought it from me it would have already been taken care of even if it was me taking care of you. The whole Windsor/Ricky G thing is the stumbling block for Tim and the guys a Prochem. :(

Greenie

It's okay to make a profit margin as a distributor it's what allows us to take care of customers even when it's a gray area, price should always be secondary, service is just too important in this biz, as in life.

Live and learn!!

Ronald, When you get it fixed sell it ASAP. The brush's are junk and 130.00 each. Last one I got lasted 2.5 months before it blew up and of course this is not covered under warranty

CleanEvo

I've had a Sebo Duo for 4 years, never had a problem, scrubs pre-spray great, cost under $400 new.

You know... Germans... they make good stuff.

Yes I believe that too from John Olson! I paid 1200.00 for the icapsul machine from Gelinas, they now sell for 1700.00. In my heart I think they might be coming around due to a few complaints they have received. I am sure they are concerned with their image as a company. Thank You

Rawb

I have used the Icapsul machine for a brief time and compared to the Whittaker Lomac, it is an inferior machine. The belts are susceptible to breakage and it isn't as efficient of a machine in general. The Lomac can clean 1500-3000 sq ft per hour. It took much longer to clean the same area with the Icapsul. The brushes cannot be rotated to prolong longevity on the Icapsul. Someone mentioned that the Icapsul brushes cost $130. Was that each or per pair? If that is the price for each brush, that is too expensive and they wear down rather quickly.

Does anyone else on this forum use a Lomac?

Carpet King

Windsor/Prochem insider here... fixes on the way, new brush clips, new brush design, new wider belt, new coating on the chassis. That's it. Machine was, and still is a knock off POS. Manufactured in China by the lowest bidder. Expect it to get worse before it gets better.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Why not simply boycott their products and refuse to buy any of the products, even re-badged products, until they come to the party for all concerned ?

I'm sure that if enough on here put their name up and protested, they will soon take notice.

If they continue to make inferior products, there is always someone else that will make a better product.

Ooroo,

:roll:

leesenter

My Procaps machine is the biggest POS I have ever bought.
I feel like dismantling it and filming it and putting it on You Tube. But I don't have time.
I can't look at it without it breaking it now.

leesenter said:
My Procaps machine is the biggest POS I have ever bought.
I feel like dismantling it and filming it and putting it on You Tube. But I don't have time.
I can't look at it without it breaking it now.

Lee,

Thanks for telling a story that I have heard from so many. We need to tell everyone how Prochem/Windsor are turning a deaf ear to us cleaners and have screwed us over.

Mike Draper

you should try dismantling it and changing a belt, takes hour and a half if you know what you are doing. I could change a heat exchanger out faster in my truck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom