I'd like to be in heat

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
Have a Blazer XL that we'd like to modify for higher heat and faster heat recovery for high flow hard surface cleaning.
Gentlemen, ideas please...

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
My dog is "in heat" right now, Joe. Trust me- you really don't want "to be in heat"!

Steve

PS The first step would be to descale your heat exchangers. I was always amazed at the difference this made in our CDS units. Then go with Richard's idea or if propane scares you there are kerosene fired units. Properly sized either will scald the skin off a cat. (Just make sure their flow control is working. If not there may be a big explosion!)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's a Blazer Steve, I don't they ever get hot. :winky:

Well unless it's plugged up and the flow is slowed to the point it's over heating.

You're right though the kero will get hotter, just smelly and dirty burning.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Raising the temperature of the incoming water will help some. The bane people did this by using a heat exchanger in the fresh water tank that was connected to the van engine. Depending on how far you drive to the job this could easily get the fresh water tank to a hundred degrees or so. Hotter in will mean hotter out.

Also if you get desperate for the high flow on tile cleaning jobs you could hook up to the sink in the garage with hot water.

Finally I agree the cheapest way to create hot water as an add on is propane.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Have a Blazer XL that we'd like to modify for higher heat and faster heat recovery for high flow hard surface cleaning.
Gentlemen, ideas please...

You could bump up the RPM a bit, adjust the vac relief valve, do a good descaling, run same size vac line all the way to the wand and use a holed Teflon glide. This all will help the heat exchanger give you some more heat via restriction.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom