If Big Brother took the internet away..

Mikey P

Administrator
how long would it take your business to fold?

I'd be toast in two weeks :shock:

50% of our work comes from new customers finding us on the web.

Name
I'm Rick James
I brought this up in the HC Room.

What would happen to our economy if the internet was siezed or redirected..

It would be a KO for most of americans and companies...

I do think many companies would fold up, downsize or re organize..

My business wouldnt fold, I rely mostly on repeat and referrals.. My website is doing ok, but sure it could be better..

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
My Network Home Services would fold of course because it's internet advertising.

But think about it. If the Internet went away...it would be the same for ALL carpet cleaners.

I'm ashamed to say that I would contact the yellow pages right away. :oops:

But I would also put my efforts into direct mail to new customers AND current customers.
Door hangers and any local print advertisers.

I would contact Harper and see how he does it. blowme !gotcha!

Referrals would go through the roof with no INternet. It would start a change reaction of referrals even better than what I have now.

I would also try to get into the radio thang.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Brian R said:
My Network Home Services would fold of course because it's internet advertising.

But think about it. If the Internet went away...it would be the same for ALL carpet cleaners.

I'm ashamed to say that I would contact the yellow pages right away. :oops:

But I would also put my efforts into direct mail to new customers AND current customers.
Door hangers and any local print advertisers.

I would contact Harper and see how he does it. blowme !gotcha!

Referrals would go through the roof with no INternet. It would start a change reaction of referrals even better than what I have now.

I would also try to get into the radio thang.

Assuming there WAS any carpet LEFT........and the nuclear "fallout" was far enough away by then...................

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I think a lot of companies would be getting all "Cintas" on us- hiring a couple of good looking girls and send them out to wear out doorbells.

I would.

If there was no internet there would be no phone lines either. But if there were phone lines, a lot of cold calling would take place as well.

Those that live off of referrals would be making a killing!! Those custies that were searching for businesses online now would be referred customers.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It would be quite a hit I've been getting 10-15 internet jobs a week. (12 in the last 2 days so far.)

My referral system is also web based.

I don't know why it doesn't work for Chavez. He is not that far from me. Getting at least 5 more on-line reviews would help visibility with the gold stars.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Little impact on most of the non- e-commere world. Every decent business person would quickly adapt and use the non electronic media more again. The costs for those would go up slightly, but no where near the level they were at in the late 90's heyday.

While we get 10-20 jobs a day from the internet, less than half of those are new customers and most of those probably were referrals anyway so I imagine no impact on us but a slight increase in phone calls.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't know why it doesn't work for Chavez. He is not that far from me.
Focus maybe? We are more than 80% fire and water damage restoration.

We don't market carpet cleaning much at all, mostly referral and just being around since the dinosaur age. :mrgreen:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
could UPS or Fedex even exist?
how 'bout the trucking industry that brings yor food and gas to you.....
your debit and charge cards wouldn't work......that would kill everyone here :lol:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
bob vawter said:
could UPS or Fedex even exist?
how 'bout the trucking industry that brings yor food and gas to you.....
your debit and charge cards wouldn't work......that would kill everyone here :lol:
I'll reluctantly admit Bob brings up a good point. No Internet for any substantial amount of time would destroy our economy as we know it. So what it would do to carpet cleaners is a moot point as I think few would be even thinking about getting their carpets cleaned!

For a case in point and for those who have been around since 2000 think about what happened to your business right after 9-11. That would be nothing compared to a wholesale melt-down of the Internet for this country.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS For those who aren't happy with where their web site is you might contact Andres Tobar:

http://sfs.jondon.com/7343/blog/the-top ... ld-include

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
no phone lines WTF Z

you de realize people made calls before the net right :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

and Brian may actually have to cover his bare ass and get out there and do some leg work like the rest of us :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Business transactions were being made for thousands of years prior to the internet- not sure when exactly the worlds oldest profession began :oops:

Would lots of us be all up in arms and franticly flounderiing for a bit, sure! Then the world would keep moving and things would get done.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
floorguy said:
no phone lines WTF Z

you de realize people made calls before the net right :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

and Brian may actually have to cover his bare ass and get out there and do some leg work like the rest of us :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:cry:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Brian R said:
[quote="Jim Martin":1zx9pt3s]No effect on me what so ever......don't use it.....

Did you phone this post in?[/quote:1zx9pt3s]

He said effect your business....not your fun..... :roll:

Burtz

no groupon booo hooo

you would have to go back to mary kay or sell fuller brush door to door

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Burtz said:
no groupon booo hooo

you would have to go back to mary kay or sell fuller brush door to door

Yeah, it would effect the Mary Kay business as well. We do a ton of sales over the internet.

You can go directly to Jen's site and purchase your stuff and get it shipped. If you're in the area we'll deliver it.

At least nobody else would be able to use Groupon too.....So it wouldn't be so bad.

Can you drink beer and get fat without the internet? !gotcha!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Brian R said:
[quote="Ken Snow":ggjkm306]I use Chanel & Clinique~ Mary Kay is so commoner.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Jen on Brian's computer[/quote:ggjkm306]
Hi Jen.............. somewhat amus

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I'm with Richard and Ken. The world would go on. We get good jobs from the net (3 today) but all other things being equal it would make little difference in a few months.
Al

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom