If I owned Vortex LLC

Name
Lee Stockwell
I almost got banned here early on for suggesting the Emperor had no clothes...lol

I do think we learn more from mistakes than successes. That means there's a lot to be learned here.

Thanks,
Lee

Bob Foster

If I owned Vortex I would sell it back to Yorkie and then go build a better unit from the ground up that's rationalized to its return on investment that enhanced the mutual value of my distribution channel.

If I currently owned Vortex I'd be thankful that someone wants to buy it. Hell give it to Yorkie for a song but charge him a royalty. But there would be at least one restrictive covenant. V has to have separate distributors/dealers that can not be Saphire Dri-Eaz dealers.

But then again I don't have $59,232,727 in annual sales...

Bjorn

IMG_0003.jpg

I could see Shawn wearing a Gold jacket in his new occupation

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
at any cost I would make sure that every machine that rolled out was cookie cut from the very first one...all the way down to the color of a wire and which direction it runs......

The Preacher

Sean, why did you sell Vortex in the fisrt place???

why didn't you do all those things and hire all those people and pay them way more than they could make else where (in their underwear)???

do you drive by a house you sold, or follow a car you sold around town? if you have no ties to Vortex any longer, just walk away!!! :roll:

Name
Lee Stockwell
This drama is just a replay of the 1998-1999 Greg Neel Genesis 56 story. He was a shameless promoter of it all over the boards. All of us were stupid not to buy one. He was making a killing.

Truth prevailed.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Vortex didn't fail. The shill relationship soured. As long as the payments endure grumbling will be muted. Like you they still look to the day they sell it. :-)

Lee

hogjowl

Idiot™
Like me? You never talk to me. So how in the world could you possibly know if I like my Vortex or not?

Would I sell it? Sure! Everything is for sale. Just depends if I can make any money off the deal, or not.

Would I buy another Vortex? Depends on wether or not Aerotec will give me a discount.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Shawn York said:
So that there are no misunderstandings - I no longer own Vortex or the patent - so this is an entirely hypothetical scenario. Skagit Northwest Holdings owns everything Vortex now.

I would hire Evan Twede Advertising Agency to do all the advertising again

I would hire Adam to run the entire Vortex sales division. I would pay him more than he could ever make otherwise and he could work from home and hire one other salesman of his choice. Who would that be Adam?

I would hire Jim Martin full time for tech support - and let him work from home - I would pay him more than he could ever make otherwise. I would allow him to hire one guy for back-up on a part time basis. Who would that be Jim?

I would hire Shawn Forsythe full time for manufacturing, design and engineering - and let him work from home - I would pay him more than he could ever make otherwise

I would hire Jim and Gary Bethel as consultants and pay them whatever the hell they asked for

I would relaunch the Vortex online communication center and track every screw that comes loose and pay V owners for suggestion box contributions that were used - and quantify that information and make it available to the focus group for the semi-annual Costa Rica trips

I would form a focus group of 5 Vortex superstars and hire them on a consulting basis for a week every six months in Costa Rica. We would discuss every screw that came loose and review the Vortex owner suggestion box. They could buy and sell V's just like a dealer at a huge discount. Howard Stern would not be on the list because he's inept at understanding technology.

I would launch the Vortex 4000si - (It was supposed to be released in November of 2007 - I don't know what happened either.)

I would dismiss all the dealers and start over... Hiring them one at a time after they know how to sell and work on a V. They would have to pass a very difficult online testing procedure to get a V dealership. When all was said and done there would be less than 10 dealers nationwide and they would be the best dealers in the country

I would maintain control of the final decisions on engineering and design and not hand it off to anyone else. Ever again. I would have a contract manufacturing relationship - where the manufacturer was paid to build the machine to my specifications

I would stop advertising a carpet cleaning machine in carpet cleaning rags - and start selling complete turn-key business packages in Entrepreneur Mag

I would keep the price around $85k (if I can). Every V would be delivered to the custy's doorstep with 8 hours of SOMTT training and a guarantee that if we can't fix it via phone that we will put someone on a plane within 48 hours. There would be no shipping costs for any parts during the first year - with a 3 year "bumper to blower warranty". That's original material. Don't even try to copy it.

I would give any Vortex owner their money back after 60 days if they feel is wasn't worth it

I would keep the 8000Q very close to it's current design except I would change the layout a little bit and the aesthetics - and I would re-route the Xentherm system to the blower exhaust instead of water. I would change the fans on the blower box to 5 times the current size. I LOVE the 8000Q.

The phones will always be answered live - never an answering machine

I have some ideas at who I will pay to sleep the floors at night but I'll keep them to myself for now - and I'm sure I'll be adding to the list. I know I've forgotten something.

This looks like the Butler marketing plan taken to a slightly higher level.

Except for the 10 year parts warranty from Butler.

Bellingham Carpet Cleaner

Bellingham Steam Cleaning Carpet

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Shawn York said:
I would hire Jim and Gary Bethel as consultants and pay them whatever the hell they asked for

Does that mean I would work from home as well Shawn, cause the daily commute from Australia to the States would be a killer with the 13 hour flight and all..... :lol:

Thanks for the recognition though 8)

KeithCo

Name
Keith Collins
Lee Stockwell said:
This drama is just a replay of the 1998-1999 Greg Neel Genesis 56 story. He was a shameless promoter of it all over the boards. All of us were stupid not to buy one. He was making a killing.

Truth prevailed.

Don't forget Lee, Neel also invented Summerfest. I think he was longing for a spiff from that as well.

Keith

Erik said:
Les,what do they clean astro turf with today?

http://www.sweepfast.com/hoerger_skr_Video.htm

Erik,

The way they clean Astroturf today is with truckmounts and regular wands. There may also be some new equipment to clean it that I am not aware of. When my Dad made the Astroturf cleaning machine for Monsanto in 1967, carpets were mainly being shampooed, which would leave a tremendous residue in the playing field. So my Dad knew he had to come up with some type of rinsing system for the Astroturf.

When he designed the Astroturf truck he used the largest blower in production at that time which was a number 8 Sutorbilt blower, which was PTO driven off the 350 Chevrolet engine of the vehicle. The heat source was a 600,000 BTU propane heater that would maintain 250 degrees at 5 GPM.

The wand was very unusual. It was 4 feet wide and was dragged behind a riding lawn mower with the cutting deck removed. To this day, this is the largest, most powerful carpet cleaning machine that has ever been developed. It also happens to be the world’s first gasoline powered carpet cleaning system.

futboltiff22222255.jpg

777.jpg

222.jpg

PNG1PNG.png

astro-tm3.jpg

astro-tm5PNG.jpg

astro-tm2PNG.jpg

Chris A

Name
Chris
Would you ever consider manufacturing a simple heat exchange PTO again? Now THAT would be something I would be interested in!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I would hire Jim Martin full time for tech support - and let him work from home - I would pay him more than he could ever make otherwise. I would allow him to hire one guy for back-up on a part time basis. Who would that be Jim?

Ron Beatty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom