If money was not a factor...

Mikey P

Administrator
would you run an Aerotech?

what an amazing piece of machinery their truck has evolved into..

http://youtu.be/Rtq-axZl7jQ

specs_truckOpen.jpg

My 2004 runs at 1700 RMPS, the new ATs run at 1400. I wonder what that saves in fuel and wear..?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yes, i wouldnt mind having 1 for certain commercial jobs. Never for a day to day truck though, too difficult driving in the city where our shop is.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If it were technician friendly yes, otherwise only as an owner operator, yes.

For techs I like the high heat Butler with 210 recovery, maybe a custom box of 78 height and narrow box so it closer to a standard van.

Someone win the lottery?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
+2

Shane will need my help, heck I'd even work for free. :winky:

On second thought I better get some money, those young girls won't be impressed by an old perv.........................so I'll have to pay BAWB!

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I wouldn't want it...at any price.

To me, it is just an over complicated truckmount...
Id rather have two or three smaller units working on the same big job or in separate locations on smaller jobs.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
LOL!

guys guys mine is identical to that truck

my old truck econo 2000 by aquatech(canadian) with 47 blower was identical to a butler...
my at is just as easy

1 -dial in rpm
2-turn pump on
3...start cleaning

Ill agree for downtown cleaning I dont take it. Heck i didn't even take my full size gmc unless it was at night

as far as having a few units running on a large place...been there done that in the past.
We would take my TM and my buddies white magic. two trucks that cost MORE then an AT combined
Then he got his first at ( an 05) and just took that. Burned under half the fuel and had more SUCK at each line

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dustin it does sound like a beast BUT should it go down, for whatever reason then you're screwed. With multiple units it's unlikely both would go down. Possible yes, but highly unlikely.

When we are cleaning a large project we usually drag along a spare truck just in case. Rarely happens but when it does we have a truck ready to go.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I dunno ... I'd be open to it, but I would have to think about it some. My complaints about the Vortex I owned was that it was too big for daily driving and it was too loud. They have the noise problem solved, it seems, so that just leaves the problem of it being too big. The performance of those rigs can not be described. You just have to experience it for yourself. To have that performance again, I would consider buying one.

I suspect that if I priced a Butler with everything I would want on it, and then compared it to a new AT, the price would probably be about the same.

Anybody?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
It's always gona be the same argument: big truck dual wand vs multiple smaller trucks.

Those that spent the money to get the big set up will almost always swear by it (or should we say justify it). It's always gona be disagreed.

Not to mention the maintenance cost one big truck with a pretty uncommon truckmount set up vs regular tm in regular vans or box trucks.

Perhaps it is sometimes better to have the big unit but I still think and believe that smaller set ups individually could achieve more even with maybe a bit more cost at running multiples vs one big one.

Edit: I forgot to say about those that built or build their marketing and image/brand around a big truck, will have a hard time downsizing...even if it would make sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I would be tossed..........ran the Vortex for 4.5 years.......

both machines I have now can do the same and they are cheaper to use......

maybe if I got back into the commercial work and did a lot of duel wanding I would consider it......

Reactions: Art Kelley

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
In a second, no doubt about it. Of course I do more commercial than residential. The only reason I use the pc 650hp now over the V is that it is so much quieter. Now I will view the video but the last AT I heard that Cintas had around the corner from me I couldn't even tell it was a Big Truck, sounded like my PC 650. If I had my V running beside the PC 650 you wouldn't even hear the 650. Ok now I have viewed the film and she sure is quite. Another thing that comes to mind that I like about these set ups is that there is just more room to work on stuff, everything isn't crammed into a small area. The reason I chose the PC650 over the AT was the 30K cheaper price sticker and the bad memories of the "scare" I had when the repair shop told me I needed a new 14K fuel pump for the UD! Don't want to be held hostage by the only place in town that can work on the UD or diesel truck. Thank you Michael Lockhart for leading me down the path of the $75 repair part! The high pressure side of the PC sprang a leak last night and I am taking it to Louisville to get the fitting replaced under warranty but it would have been a big job to change such a small part out if and when I need to do it myself.

Last edited:

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
If money wasn't a factor I'd buy a new Mercedes sprinter and a sapphire 870SS. Then I would pimp it out with every option you could think of. oh wait I just did and I love it.:biggrin:

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I've cleaned a house with a A/T before and if I wanted to turn the 870 on high it has all the vac and heat you can handle. The reason I went with the sprinter is because I do ALOT of driving. When I run the 870 on medium with temp set to high I can maintain 220 atw. That's running a Ti wand 12 flow 500 psi. If I set the wand down for 60 seconds the gauge at the machine hits 300+. At the end of every job I do by the time I get out to the truck its at 300+.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have no doubt that the SS can single wand with the same heat and suck the AT does.

but go over 200/250 feet or add another wand and the comparison stops.

Reactions: hogjowl

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
On my 3rd ball valve and just put on my 2nd pressure washer handle on the ti wand. I have 2 hose reels set up, 1 with 150ft 1/4 Parker and the other with 150ft 3/8 Schieffer. I like the 3/8 for high pressure hard surface cleaning.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have no doubt that the SS can single wand with the same heat and suck the AT does.

but go over 200/250 feet or add another wand and the comparison stops.

yup

I cleaned a few adult video stores the other night. The carpet bubbled in a few places. Owner flipped. I called the installers and they told the owner there wasn't enough glue in place.

Owner thought the big truck ruined his carpet, cimexed them all.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Money not a factor ...I'd have two. Just to piss some people off. But in the real world I'd have have to use the same money to put two trucks on the road over one. With the tools on the market now it easy to achieve the same results and that's all the custy wants

FredC

Village Idiot
yes....If money were not a factor I would prefer my bikini clad cleaning staff use an AT

seriously though...yes...after being around Tom Cermaks I have to say its a f'n awesome machine...and really not that complicated............

I would say that my business would need to be built around the points where it shines whether it was marketing (big truck) or from an internal standpoint dual wanding

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken Snow and BLewis

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
I think this proves the marketing adage: We make buying decisions based on feelings and rationalize buying decisions on logic.

Reactions: Ken Snow

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom