If you could re-floor your home with anything..

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
If you use a heat gun and just fan it very lightly, the bubbles rise and pop. You will get complete clarity; how often does that happen in our lives?
iso alcohol spritz on works well but only the low quality epoxy will bubble like crazy. The newer better ones dont really bubble

steve_64

I would have carpet everywhere accept bathroom and kitchen. Tile in those rooms and entrances.

Growing up our carpets were never dirty and we never had them professionally cleaned. 3 boys a couple years apart we were rough on things. I find vacuuming is easier than sweeping and mopping and keeps the dust down more.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I understand where your coming from, for the 20th century 🤷🏻‍♂️
You vac with a cordless, and mop with an electric in the 21st. Century. Don’t get any easier, even for a nearly 68 yr. old.😄

Reactions: steve_64

steve_64

I understand where your coming from, for the 20th century 🤷🏻‍♂️
You vac with a cordless, and mop with an electric in the 21st. Century. Don’t get any easier, even for a nearly 68 yr. old.😄
We have some lvt and I like it ok enough but it gives the feel of being tempory to me. It cheapens the effect imo. When I see it in new construction I cringe. Lvp too.

I like ceramic but natural stone gives a more upscale feel that I like. We have wood floors in one living room the hall and 3 bedrooms that were covered in carpet. I like the look but I would cover it with carpet again if Genny let me.
Our kitchen had carpet that we replaced with more carpet until we remodel. I want a nice tile from front door to the back that runs through the kitchen and laundry room.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Nylon in LR and den, halls and bedrooms and office

Entry, kitchen, baths and Dr ceramic or porcelain

Right now nylon in LR and office

Smartstrand (higher grade doing well) in hall, bedrooms and den

Cheap laminate because by wife wanted it... In the kitchen, DR and one hall.

A lvt in baths and an hall

We have been testing a lot of surfaces

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Don't forget about using quality rugs over HARD SURFACES to make a difference in different rooms that come together in the flow throughout the areas of each room.

Quality rugs will last a very long time, but if you tire of them, just pick them up and replace them with what floats your boat.

Learn how to properly clean these rugs onsite.

Last edited:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Lr - red oak, clear finish - Oriental rug
Dr - red oak, clear finish - contemporary custom rug
Kitchen red oak, clear finish - disposable rug at the sink
Family room and powder room on the same floor red oak/clear as well. Open concept with the same flooring makes the place look bigger.

Baths - porcelain floor and shower surrounds, wood counter tops
Bedrooms - installed wall to wall nylon

Entry - hard slate, black
Laundry room - commercial carpet tile with attached pad

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom