If you had a choice whatwould you pick

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
If you had a $500 monthly budget who would you go with. Yelp.com or Google Adwords? Whoever gets the most votes im going with guys. Thanks

Mikey P

Administrator
yelp for sure

people go there looking for YOU, a real trustworthy professional service

correct me if I'm wrong but your adwords will show up (in the no look zone) when people could be looking up anything with the words carpet and cleaning in their search...

Name
Yohance
if you already have some reviews on yelp then yes. But if you have a few and your competition has 50 to 60 reviews you may want to rethink it. Keep in mind yelp is a review base site. Good luck

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
If you had a $500 monthly budget who would you go with. Yelp.com or Google Adwords? Whoever gets the most votes im going with guys. Thanks

On a scale of 1 - 10 where would you rate your phone sale skills?
If higher then 7 go with adwords because it will create more opportunity for closes.

Yelp is more targeted and much smaller, which in theory will produce less leads but better leads. In theory

Really do not want to look at if X advertising campaign is better then Y, need more thorough view of what kind of company you want to build, what is your current business theme and what are your personal strengths.
More problem solving and like piecing together a puzzle.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I am doing $100.00 a week with Ad Words.
Ad Words has changed. It is much more than the side bar of search results. Google ad words now appear on millions of websites. Goolge displays relevant content users have recently searched for. For example, I see Jon-Don ads appear on the local newspaper site. I get the best value by advertising services other than carpet cleaning that are less competitive. Ad words got me into a large house this week for a stretch job. We did a few upsells and walked away with $1469.25. That’s a nice job in my part of the world.
My organic ranking also took a nice leap when I started the adwords campaign.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Mike,

How did you find out it was from adwords? Did you ask them, "miss, did you click on the top or side part of page? Or was it organic on the left?". Most people/clients know nothing about this, that's why I'm asking.

I did adwords for years(spent a lot), it always bugged me not knowing if that five dollar click actually booked a job.

Just wondering how you ask them or find out. thanks.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
They just said they found me on the net. About four times as many people as normal found me on the net. Google dose offer some code you can upload to your site to better track conversion rates. For example you could link the ad to a special offer on a landing page customers will mention when they call

Reactions: jcooper

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I know yelp rocks on the left coast but Is Yelp a force yet on the east coast for service businesses? It has a decent presence here in the Midwest for restaurants but has not yet broken strongly into the service sector, no matter what their sales people say. How often do you see yelp listings appear in google searches for carpet cleaning in your town? Before spending a nickel on yelp I would talk to others in the industry and independently verify the lofty claims of the yelp sales person.

Mike,

How did you find out it was from adwords? Did you ask them, "miss, did you click on the top or side part of page? Or was it organic on the left?". Most people/clients know nothing about this, that's why I'm asking.

I did adwords for years(spent a lot), it always bugged me not knowing if that five dollar click actually booked a job.

Just wondering how you ask them or find out. thanks.

I am overthinking an adwords campaign and came up with the same question. How can you structure the adwords to track the leads from an adwords click vs organic results?

How do you prevent your current customer base who are searching you by name from clicking on the adwords results rather than the organic results? Planning for this, I have my phone number loaded into my serp 160 character limit on all of my web pages so they can see my phone number without a click, but will it work?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
How can you structure the adwords to track the leads from an adwords click vs organic results?

If you go into your adwords acct it will show you only adwords info, so it will tell you: today you got 200 impressions and 5 clicked you ad. It just doesn't tell if those 5 booked or called.

If you go into your google analytics page it will give you organic and paid info.

Just try it on a small scale, Chris. Put your budget at 100 buck a month and learn how it works.

Also, I wouldn't worry about a current custy clicking on an ad, who cares? They are calling to book a job. Not something I'd worry about. If you wanna worry, worry about all the carpet cleaners who are going to click the ad!

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
worry about all the carpet cleaners who are going to click the ad!

Exactly!
My experience is that paid advertisements for carpet cleaning in general has a very low ROI. Advertise for a niche service your competition is not offering. For me it’s stretch and repair but could be: air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning, gutter cleaning, tile restoration, ect. Once in the house of course sell carpet cleaning.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
You guys that want to know how to track your ads on any type of ads/campaigns, I will tell you what I've done.

I run a ton of different online campaigns, so to me when they tell me "We found you online", it is not worth it, I need to know exactly where they found me.

There are a few ways to do it.

1. You can purchase different phone #'s for each ads/sites you're running. These #'s are specifically used for call fwd to your main office # and or cell. Most are around $3.00 a piece, one time charge. When you obtain the #'s, you can put a "whisper" message when the caller calls that #. For instance, you're running an ad/listing on Yahoo local and the person calls you up, once your phone starts to ring and you pick up, the message will say "Yahoo local carpet cleaning - connecting to the caller". This way you already know where they are calling you from, and you don't need to rely on the client telling you (or in most cases giving you the wrong info where they found you).

2. Adwords campaigns - the best way I've found to track your ads/campaigns, is to create a landing page only for that ad. You can do this 2 ways:

A) - Create a subdomain - This is just a "page" of your site, and make it private. For instance - www.abccarpet.com/specials. You can than have the phone # assigned to this page only. This is one way to do it, and simpler. The only issue is that if the prospect does not call or email you right away and just write down the site name, he/she may be redirected to your main site (if they type www.abccarpet.com), and "go" look for that special, there's a chance that special may not be there, and they'll just move to the other site/competitor.

B) - Create a different site aka landing page - This is what I prefer for these type of online ads - You will have a site/domain/landing page only for your ad(s). It can either be www.abccarpet.com or www.whatevernameyouwant.com, doesn't matter what it is. But if you do change the name of your domain/company for this ad, you need to remember to answer the phone w/ that company name. You will than have your specials created, and put that phone # that you can create a "whisper" message to track your calls from that adwords campaign.

A company that will do much more options for you including purchasing the phone #'s is www.ifbyphone.com, we've used them for a few years.

Hope that helps.

Bill

Reactions: boazcan and jcooper

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
That's bad ass, Bill! Thank you.

How cool would that be - ring, ring "google adwords custy". LOL! Better book it, it cost 5 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom