IF YOU HELP...

F

FB7777

What's the matter Stockpile?

Can't stand having a youngster giving you a hand?

Name
Lee Stockwell
My sons and helpers are in their 30's typically, and I gladly let them "outwork" me. :-)

Commenting on the pic Mike posted above from his bike ride today. Why would a cleaner solicit or give a discount for a customer "helping"?

F

FB7777

Now I got it .

What kind of moron would want the customer helping?

The only help needed is spa e by the door, stuff picked and some form of payment ready

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i think Lee means the homeowner offering to help to lower the bill.?.

they always slow me down. i give them a 20% discount if they go to Mc. D's and pick me up some coffee. that keeps them out of my hair for half the job.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Customer helping= a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Thats the last thing I want our customers to do. Stumble around slip and slide, break something in their own home "because the carpet cleaner said to do it this way"...etc... etc... so many things could be going wrong if a customer helps.
I actually ask them to please do not try to help when they are jumping around moving furniture and try to grab stuff to carry in (like wands, sprayers..)
Sometimes I tell them- once we show up we will move the furniture. If they move stuff before we are there thats fine. I just dont want anything to happen when we are there.

Once I had a customer almost broke his back trying to move stuff "to help". He was laid out like a piece of roadkill under a big gun cabinet. And no i didn't want to spend my time comforting and tending to the injured and making sure the Emt gets there and take care of him. That's not our business. I was pretty mad that it happened "on my watch".

Back
Top Bottom