If your machine.........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
blew up tomorrow...........what would you replace it with...the same type ?...... or would you buy something different....

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Definitely different. Something simple like a Judson and I might even go back to propane heat.

TimP

If it blew up tomorrow I'd probably shove it down Interlink Financials throat. But I doubt it would happen. If I was strapped for cash like I am now and the TM was paid for I'd go for a Judson. If I was selling and buying a new one I'd want a powerclean DXT Genesis or something dual wand capable.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I'd repair if possible.

Things are tight right now, really tight. If I had to get a new machine, I'd have to look for investors. No way I'm getting financing right now.

Assuming I came up with the $$$, I'd look real hard at a low end Judson unit. If I thought I really could do all the repairs on it, I'd pulll the trigger. If not, I'd buy another Boxxer. It has been a great unit.

If I couldn't get the $$$, I'd go strictly commercial with my Cimex. Really wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Replace the component(s) that blew.

A good portion of the price of a new TM is the design, which you've already paid for. If you have a well-engineered machine, like a PowerClean, (which uses off-the shelf, non-propriatory components), just replace the components.

If the van exploded and the machine were totaled today, I'd look for a good deal on a used, like-new, Genesis or Thermalwave while I shopped for a new PowerClean.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Shhhh don't tell anyone.
I would get something else besides my WM. IF, I were to buy a TM at all.
I should catch hell for this.
WM...too expensive and hard to work on.
With that said...it has been a great machine for me but I forsee problems down the line with repairs and the way this thing is put together.

Let the beatings begin.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
If my new one blew up, I'd probably go back to my old one, which I still have, fix it up the same as my new one, ie with the walkable areas and shelves and sink.
I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase another Judson though.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Interesting that more one would go with a PowerClean. As someone who has one and would not buy another I guess not all PowerClean machines are created equal.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I would think pretty hard about that one

I might take the business in a totally different direction, would not need a V then and would probably get an extended 1 ton and the Thermal Wave II

John Watson

Don't know if I could find a used JEM, Don't think Jim is maken anymore, Haven't spoke to him in about 5 years. Truck would have to be in excelant condition, probably just be dreaming to replace what I got with like unit.

For another shaft drive I would have to look at Lews CleanCo unit

As far as a slide in unit, I would have to look at the El Diablo, Judson and Duanes new unit

Farenheit251

I'd buy another Accellerater,but would also consider Judson or TCS. Don't think I would buy new right now. Too many good deals out there and those machines are easy to work on.

Name
I'm Rick James
Judson, cobb or HM cds. In no order.

What is the deal with that Namco in the back of the ICS mag. $6995 23 hp 4005 blower I think it was. Seems like a low price.

Farenheit251

The guy who managed the local Namco now has a 5-6 truck operation here. He just bought another TCS unit. I'm sure there is a reason.

Greenie

There is nothing more painfull then when I have a newb on the phone and we're talking about how his biz is coming along, and the subject of equipment comes up, "Oh I'm running a Namco"... I just cringe. The next best is when they say I got a 13hp TM on wheels, it sucks the dirty water through the blower and spits it out :shock:

Makes me appreciate a solid porty.

Mr.V

I'd probably fix it

sell it

buy a Judson TNT

or Odin's/judson's electric has me intrigued

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom