IICRC are still idiots

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Last year I did not renew my certifications. I just felt the old board didn't have the cleaners best interests in mind. I was hoping the new board would be better and make changes for the better.

I recently became involved with a warranty program where I am required to be IICRC certified. I contact the IICRC tell them I want to reactivate my certification. I asked what the fee would be. I sent them classes and events I have attended that could be used for continuing education credits. They replied that they are reviewing everything and will get back to me. It's been almost 5 months and no word. I have called and emailed several times. All I'm told is they have the information and it will be reviewed and then they will follow up with me. Really? 5 months?
It looks like much hasn't changed. Thanks for holding me hostage IICRC with new work I could be doing. I see your still out to stick it to the very people that the program is supposed to help.

Last edited:

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
I believe you aren't te first and won't be the last with this. Alot of cleaners were dismayed with the whole CleanTrust issue. I believe the IICRC policy is that if your certification expires, you have to retake the classes. This is a policy that ,if they were smart, they would retract as it's completely unreasonable to encforce this considering the turmoil their decision to "rebrand" the organization caused! your thoughts?
Last year I did not renew my certifications. I just felt the old board didn't have the cleaners best interests in mind. I was hoping the new board would be better and make changes for the better.

I recently became involved with a warranty program where I am required to be IICRC certified. I contact the IICRC tell them I want to reactivate my certification. I asked what the fee would be. I sent them classes and events I have attended that could be used for continuing education credits. They replied that they are reviewing everything and will get back to me. It's been almost 5 months and no word. I have called and emailed several times. All I'm told is they have the information and it will be reviewed and then they will follow up with me. Really? 5 months?
It looks like much hasn't changed. Thanks for holding me hostage IICRC with new work I could be doing. I see your still out to stick it to the very people that the program is supposed to help.

prodrying

Better yet Ken. I sent David a private message on this board and asked him to contact me via email. I will look into this and see why it is taking so long. The organization isn't perfect, so thanks for bringing this to my attention and I will see what can be done to speed it along.

Mikey P

Administrator
Sorry David.

The Board has a full time job in planning Tony's next exotic vacation.As soon as they can locate the two indigenous tribe members from the Kracatoa Republic that at one point in time saw some glue down carpet in a Red Cross trailer that need to be rounded up for Tony's die stick slash annual CEC instruction, they'll get right back to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soxpac

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
If all I had to do was take a new class why didn't they tell me that 5 months ago and I could have had this taken care of?

prodrying

David, I sent you a private message with the information you need. Let me know if I can help further.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Thank you Kevin. I guess I just needed to get to the right person willing to help. The last time I contacted the office at IICRC they basically told me to stop contacting them and they will be in touch with me when they have an answer. That was in Dec. They must still have the same office staff there. Maybe the new board should clean house there as well.

Thanks again

CrazyRay

Name
Ray Waits
Michael, LOL! I saw some guys Craigslist ad in Dallas that said he was IICR2 certified. If the IICRC still does it the same way, these matters are reviewed by the BOD. They only meet twice a year.

Ray

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
CrazyRay we now meet lots more than twice a year.

David, no problem glad I could help.

Are there Regional Directors ?
Who are they?

If there is a S.E. Regional ? I would like some contact info!

Does Purple Power from Sams Club Qualify as a suitable solution for use by a Certified IICRC Technician upon cleaning carpets???

Pissed one off by being a better cleaner and I got called out in front of a Flooring Company for not being Certified yet.

I already pay for Drama through my cable company, it's called the Soap Channel.

That being said!
What other Certifications are there besides IICRC? East Coast wise.
Jondon hosts a barage of classes we are planning to attend.
Atlanta is close and Tampa is not a problem either.

Last edited:

randy

Name
Randy
There is a new one starting that will accept your current Iicrc or course certificate from Bridgpoint and certify you for life for $199 . I think it's called IICRTC. Not sure what that stands for but you will submit your paper work with a passport photo and get a photo I'd certification name badge back. If you are not currently certified there is a test that you take and return.

The end of the IICRC is near.

randy

Name
Randy
Sorry David.

The Board has a full time job in planning Tony's next exotic vacation.As soon as they can locate the two indigenous tribe members from the Kracatoa Republic that that at one point in time saw some glue down carpet in a Red Cross trailer that need to be rounded up for Tony's die stick slash annual CEC instruction, they'll get right back to you.

Too funny .

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I took my classes, paid my test fees and passed. I'm certified. Period. When I switched CPL insurance the underwriter said I had to be IICRC certified I said "Yes I am certified in many categories but it is now a dysfunctional organization so I no longer pay dues. He said "That makes sense". It's been 2 years and I have not ever heard a request from a customer about it since.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Sorry David.
The Board has a full time job in planning Tony's next exotic vacation.As soon as they can locate the two indigenous tribe members from the Kracatoa Republic that that at one point in time saw some glue down carpet in a Red Cross trailer that need to be rounded up for Tony's die stick slash annual CEC instruction, they'll get right back to you.

I too am sorry, David.
Beats me why this sort of thing is still occurring.
Requests like yours are supposed to be simply passed along to Barry Lichtenstein ( a former Board member ) whose committee is set up to review and get back to you with an answer.
I have left a message on his voice mail.
Do you recall the name of the person that you spoke at the office as that would help me sort out who dropped the ball.
The Board ( new or old ) has never ( nor should ever ) be involved in these kinds of things that are simply a matter of applying the Policy.

N'kosicus Mikey, I prefer to do my own planning since no-one else on the Board ( or the world for that matter ) has heard of Kracatoa Republic but there is a similarly named volcano.
I have yet to travel anywhere as exotic as a MikeyFest in Santa Cruz, learning the social customs to the weirdos that frequent such bizarre festivities as muddying up beds and trucks with carpet dirt ??

Mungwananee, Bwana Tony

ps, I still have that goofy picture of you and your lovely bride on your wedding day so best you behave eh?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
I knew I could get you out of your private jet long enough to comment.

Tell ti'Xotu'a we all said hello, I hear you two are getting married as soon as the U.N can locate her tribe leader to bless the marriage

Last edited:

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Well it looks like Mr. Wheelwrright took some time off from Baby Seal Clubbing to respond to your post. Kind of funny how he used this board to run all the leaders off to head the shady institute. Now he rarely hangs here.

Golden Boy

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
So what is the new policy if the IICRC is to remain? Are we allowed to just pay to get recertified or can we take a test or should we just give up on them?

harryhides

Name
Tony
I have not seen Dave Gargen in a dogs age when he had to fish his kid out of the hotel pool at a Summerfest.
I hope you are doing well David and am sorry to hear about this experience.
It seems that this is a case of a failure to commmmunicate or you have become as old and forgetful as have I - see below.
OK as promised, I did follow up with both Barry Lichtenstein and the office.

You stated -
Last year I did not renew my certifications.
Actually, you stopped renewing your certification in Oct 2010

I just felt the old board didn't have the cleaners best interests in mind.
I was hoping the new board would be better and make changes for the better.

We are working on it but have only been at it for a little over a year - please keep in mind we are volunteers doing this in our spare time.

I recently became involved with a warranty program where I am required to be IICRC certified.
I contact the IICRC tell them I want to reactivate my certification.
I asked what the fee would be.

That was around Oct 26th 2012 and yes there is a fee.

I sent them classes and events I have attended that could be used for continuing education credits.

Yes, you did and they sent you a Form asking you for some info like your current address so
that they could follow through as per policy. But they did not receive that info until early December.

They replied that they are reviewing everything and will get back to me.

That was Dec 14th and your info was sent to Barry L Dec 30th
And on the Jan 3rd Barry notified the office that you had enough CEC's to be reinstated.
Right after that on Jan 4th the office sent you an invoice for the regular cost of certification.
They have not heard back from you since then.

It's been almost 5 months and no word.
I have called and emailed several times.
All I'm told is they have the information and it will be reviewed and then they will follow up with me.
Really? 5 months?
It looks like much hasn't changed.
Thanks for holding me hostage IICRC with new work I could be doing.
I see your still out to stick it to the very people that the program is supposed to help.

David, if you had sent in the info right away as requested and paid the invoice for the fees that were sent in Jan 4th, it would all be settled.
If you did not get that invoice please message me and I will follow up.
Take care, Tony

Last edited:

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
I never received an invoice or phone call or email like I was promised when I was contacting them about what was happening.. I emailed them last week after Kevin found out that they "sent" out an invoice in January. (never happened) I asked them to please send another invoice. I was hoping for an email with an invoice, nope. How about an acknowledgment that they received my email request, Nope. How about a phone call from them saying sorry and they will mail a new one out, Nope.

And as for your memory Tony that was Fon Johnson's kid that fell into the pool. :)
Looks like you or Kevin will have to step in and actually mail out the invoice. The current office staff is still stuck in the old mode of "we don't give a crap about the cleaners."

Thanks to both you and Kevin for trying to help. Time will tell if you have any pull.

The funny thing about all this is I used to hate sending them money because they did nothing good with it. Now I have been trying to give them money for 5 months and I can't get them to take it. How funny is that!

Last edited:
Name
Bruce
Maybe it's not the IICRC that are "Idiots" ? Maybe the problem lies in those of you that keep dumping money into a broken system thinking you will gain a dollar out of the deal?

Reactions: GCCLee

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Bruce believe me it kills me to give money to them but I am required to be certified to do the warranty work. I keep hoping the new board can make some changes. Tony is a good guy as well as Kevin. My guess is they were shell shocked as to how screwed up the IICRC was when they went in that it's going to take much longer to fix things.

Tony does the IICRC have a computer? First thing to do is train them how to attach an invoice. Then show them where the send button is and boom! just like magic I have an invoice. Tell them the days of the pony express are over.

You know it's not personal with you Tony i just have a deep hate for the place and the way they operate.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Tony purposely destroyed the organization. So its on him to fix it. Ask him how he fixed his dying carpet cleaning business. With a match. Got to love that fire insurance money. Tony has had some real shady business deals.

Golden Boy

harryhides

Name
Tony
Thank David, you are right in so many ways.
Just recently the Institute has set up a way to renew on-line instead of having to use the mail service.
Yes, I assure you they have more computing power than the Apollo 11 spacecraft although that alone is no guarantee of totally avoiding any screw ups.
Called the office today but the gal that is dealing with this issue is off sick, sigh.
Called your office but they told me that you were out hunting wild turkey with your pack of coon dogs....

Waldo, you really need to come up with some new material or hire some creative help with a bit of imagination.
Besides mine was a carpet dyeing business - a different animal from a dying carpet cleaning business run out of an ambulance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom