IICRC Credits, Right or Wrong

S

steamclean

I was looking into the requirements needed to keep my IICRC card and what a freaking rip off,
I got my IICRC certificate 3 years ago because of the new requirements to be IICRC certified when you clean newer carpets for there warranty.

NOT ONE customer in 3 years has ask anything in the slightest about IICRC,

again

NOT ONE,

I feel that if you take a course in person and pay your yearly dues that should be enough.

Anyone agree?

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's their organization and their rules.

The choices you have are to play by them, or drop your certification.

It's really not a hard decision. Just make it.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Well said Marty- and I would add that I doubt a single warranty has or ever will be denied due to someone using a non-certified cleaner. Most are denied because they don't really cover anything that will be actionable. Warranties are primarily a marketing strategy.

PCCN

I agree that they are rediculous in their fees, requirements, etc. when in fact the real world customers not only don't ask for your certification, they don't even know such a thing exists. True, we don't have to pay them for crap, but to be true in advertising (saying you are a certified cleaner), there isn't much choice.

As far as being required before doing warranty work, I was told before my first class years ago it was a requirement. BULL HOCKEY! Do work for 3 different manufactures and have actually asked each of them about this. All have told me they could care less about that.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I feel they should drop the certifed firm and use a certified cleaner desigination

If you choose to be part of the IICRC, you should be consider to be part of a skilled trade. You should be able to use the certification to your advantage if you are paying for it.

I pay the $25 to the CRI every year but get at least 2 well paying jobs from it every year. When I stop getting work from it, will stop paying for it.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
With all that being said, is their any other certification org that carries the same recognition of the iirc?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
AJR said:
With all that being said, is their any other certification org that carries the same recognition of the iirc?
do you mean recognized within the industry or by the public?
Within the industry? No. Though there are lots of cleaners out there that haven't heard of it. I think the Cert firm deal went a little far but the intent was there.
The credits are there to ensure that every registrant doesn't just sit on their laurels, take one class and thats it for the rest of their career. Its important to keep up to date. I know the classes don't reflect the changes in tools/techniques that have happened in the last 5 yrs, but thats why events like MikeFest and Connections will give you the 2 CEC's needed each year.

Fred H

I get my certification free of charge.

I am ICM Certified.

I Certified Myself.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Here is your patch Fred. eat yor heart out Werner

ICM.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom