I'll be home after midnight

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Got a full schedule today. Last job is Mongolian restaurant with very greasy carpet. I sure wish @Matt Wood was here to help me so he can operate my dump valve for me while I stand around and wait. Guess I'll just have to be efficient and use my APO and work without a break. I sure wish I was a union shop where I could take smoke breaks every hour. Think of all the fun I've missed in my life by not smoking. I've been left out of so many social events in life :(

As I sit here pondering my full day of pain and abuse, my homeless dad called me. He wants to come and help me out today. I told him there is nothing glamours about cleaning carpets, and it's very labor intensive. He's 70 years old but still pulls hard as a mule. So, he may be coming up to hang with me today. This should be interesting. I won't make him do the Mongolian place with me, but I may teach him how to dye a carpet and let him play with my power stretcher. Maybe even make him carry it to the door, that thing is heavy.

As for my dad's loss of everything, that is quite the other story. He is in the PG&E lawsuit, FEMA is gong to be helping him out, 11 of his 13 rentals and his personal home burned down, SBA will be issueing him a $2mil loan at 3.4% to rebuild, FEMA is issuing about $200k total, Comp insurance on the cars is issuing checks this week, and his pension and SS are kicking in. FEMA is also paying him a rental supplement of $800 per month. What an adventure. Hopefully we can get into Paradise on Monday. They still aren't letting people in.

Just sharing some thoughts with ya'll. Not looking forward to my day in the rain and wind. It should be interesting with Pops helping out.

Last edited:

scotty747

My homeless dad visits me sometimes. Brings the kids the weirdest things. Its just junk to me but I know its all he has to offer and it makes him feel good to give something. Also helped me bleed my brakes the other day which saved me a headache. Some people have a bad heart, kidney, liver. Some people have a bad brain.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ugh. My day of frustration has officially started. I rolled up to my first job in Cottonwood. The house is a little mobile in the middle of a dirt lot. I can’t get my van into the property because its so muddy and I would most likely get stuck. I told the lady we’ll need to reschedule due to the muddy conditions. She tells me i need to just carry my equipment in from the street and just drag my hoses through the mud. I told her that wasn’t happening. I offered to reschedule and she told me it would need to be on a Saturday. Once again i said “nope” and I’m booked up until Jan 4th. She said “it’s going to be raining on Jan 4th and you need to bring a guy to carry your stuff in”. She kept telling me over and over what I need. I told her she probably wasn’t a good fit for my one-man operation and referred her to a multi truck operation like Stanley or Russell’s. She refused to call them and rescheduled for the 4th. Damn it!

She then yelled at me I should have known she had a home in the middle of a mudpit. I told her I looked at the address on google earth but it showed the real house in the picture, not the mother-in-law unit built around back.

@Jim Pemberton, once again you’re in my head.

As I write this a SS van just drove by me. I put out my hand to wave and they just starred at me. What is wrong with those guys. They never wave.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
So much rain the roads are starting to flood.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ugh. My day of frustration has officially started. I rolled up to my first job in Cottonwood. The house is a little mobile in the middle of a dirt lot. I can’t get my van into the property because its so muddy and I would most likely get stuck. I told the lady we’ll need to reschedule due to the muddy conditions. She tells me i need to just carry my equipment in from the street and just drag my hoses through the mud. I told her that wasn’t happening. I offered to reschedule and she told me it would need to be on a Saturday. Once again i said “nope” and I’m booked up until Jan 4th. She said “it’s going to be raining on Jan 4th and you need to bring a guy to carry your stuff in”. She kept telling me over and over what I need. I told her she probably wasn’t a good fit for my one-man operation and referred her to a multi truck operation like Stanley or Russell’s. She refused to call them and rescheduled for the 4th. Damn it!

She then yelled at me I should have known she had a home in the middle of a mudpit. I told her I looked at the address on google earth but it showed the real house in the picture, not the mother-in-law unit built around back.

@Jim Pemberton, once again you’re in my head.

As I write this a SS van just drove by me. I put out my hand to wave and they just starred at me. What is wrong with those guys. They never wave.
They're afraid you just might give them that job. Probably did a burnout trying to get away.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Reminds me of a job I had a few years ago. We usually don't see much snow here but that year, we had a dump of over a foot. I spoke to the customer on the phone about the importance of having her driveway shoveled and she assured me her son would do it. I make it out there and the driveway not shoveled and the plow just went by. I called her from my van to let her know I can't do it and she's like, what's the problem? I just hung up and drove away. You can't fix stupid.

Reactions: Nomad74

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen

They are trained to duck and cover; you might be yesterday’s customer with a fresh, crispy grenade.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom