I'm a Professional Cleaning System's frachisee

I bought a thermal wave and decided to join Professional Cleaning Systems. Today was the second day of training in Raliegh, NC and so far I am really happy with all the marketing stuff that they have put together. They also gave us everything you could imagine(post cards, door hangers, invoices etc.) They really have so much that it would have taken me many years to get all the stuff that they have all put together. Fritz Thompson is a wealth of knowledge. It's all high end related marketing. I'm really excited to get things rolling....

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
What percentage do you have to send per week as a minimum or is there a minimum per week. Do you have to buy everything from them, insurance, chems, invoices etc. How long is the contract length you signed. How big is your area. Just wondering.

Name
John LaBarbera
Fritz Thompson has been around in the industry for along time. He's a good guy. You'll learn a lot from him.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
admiralclean said:
As soon as my phone starts ringing.

did the string break.....

paper-cup-phone-thumb163363.jpg

Lyman said:
What percentage do you have to send per week as a minimum or is there a minimum per week. Do you have to buy everything from them, insurance, chems, invoices etc. How long is the contract length you signed. How big is your area. Just wondering.

I don't have to pay royalties on my existing business forever, only 6% on what they add to my business and then they have a royalty rebate program that starts at 150k so that the more you make, the less they take. I do have to pay a minimum of $45 per week or $195 per month, but that's not bad for what you get.

Franchisees can buy thier chems and equipment from anyone they want but they have private labeled products priced right if you want to buy them. We print our own brochures, invoices and what not ourselves on a Xerox Phaser printer that you get free over the internet. The contract is for 25 years but I can leave at anytime with a 90 day notice and keep my customers and go back to my old name. No non-compete! That's cool!!

The franchise base population is 100k population you can buy more for 5 cents each. They will finance any additional population.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
What can a franchise do for you that you can't do for yourself?

I don't buy the "brand recognition" answer, because the brands that are recognized have bad reputations. There is no brand recognition with the smaller franchises, so why pay for a name nobody's heard of?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Piggy Pop is right, tried and true systems, plus marketing that you don't have to reinvent the wheel. Literature that is bought at a fraction of what it would cost for us to reproduce.

Best pricing on chems and equipment are also valuable benefits.

Its also easier to sell a brand name when you're ready to get out than "Porkchops Carpet Cleaning.

Back when there was talk of vertical integration we thought about going that route. But I think we're stuck with our own name now. :wink:

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I sold my first carpet cleaning business in Minnesota in 1984. I moved to California to start over and decided to call Rug Doctor in Fresno since they had a new truck mount with a Kohler engine and a fuel oil burner. I talked with Fred (Fritz) Thompson (he was working for Rug Doctor then) and he mentioned he had a Powermatic at the Fresno location that had only 120 hours on it. Got a good deal on it and was happy to start the new business with the Powermatic.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Why I asked is because I started as a rainbow and it sounded just like that at the begining. And they have the right to change all that when ever they like. The percentages and the minimum will go up. I hope yours turns out better then my rainbow franchise did.

Systems and proven marketing that works...I couldn't have put together what they have in a short time....the marketing material is just so thorough and proven to have worked...i worked at an ILS store for five years and many different people start up businesses....I have a lot of idea and expectations along with the PCS I think that offers me the support and the systems for everything you could think of....Also, since they have all the marketing put together all I have to is put my name and phone number and print them out on a laser printer...my percentages cannot change for 25 years as far as the fee's are concerned....Fritz is one of the smartest guys that I have worked with very honest and just a darn right nice guys and if you have any questions feel free to call him at 800 925 5055

No I was showing him the website and my post all the info i gave you is on the website
PCS website....You can join and you only pay fees on the jobs you get from pcs no fees on any of your existing accounts forever...thats different from any other franchise I know of...

thanks guys....Rob Lyon thank you for the info on getting more floods I really appreciate any help that you guys have to offer....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom