I’m gonna bust my ass

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
You know the diamond plate can be slick, especially wet. The ramp on my trailer is diamond and I’ve fallen out of it rolling rugs up it, with customers help of course!!

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Matt. Do nonskid like we do on ships.

Paint it with enamel and sprinkle coarse sand on the wet paint. When it is dry, blow the excess sand off and paint a second coat over it to lock in the sand.
Done.

Mask off areas you don’t want non skid, or to make an attractive pattern. Let it cure completely before using. I’d recommend using a hardner to speed it up. Any paint store.

It will last a few years and can always be renewed for next to nothing.

Sticky tread tape is also cheap. Welded treads are not. Both can develop unseen corrosion underneath which is difficult to access. Just do it my way and name your next legitimate child “Stephen.”

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
To be fair, technology has moved on. You can buy nonskid paint and apply it directly to a taped and masked surface. I’m just cheap, being a BDPH.

Name
Swani
Bruno-stair-lifts-side1-4d2649719748a-Electra-Ride-II-SRE-1550_top.jpg

steve_64

Allot of times my shoes are wet from my prespray on the carpet, making it even more slippery. I don't think any of that stuff will help.

Could I get marine carpet (hopefully black) to adhere to this?
How are your shoes still wet from prespray when you get the van?

And I thought I used a lot of prespray.

steve_64

Ok, what would you do? My marine carpet idea, or Mikey's metal idea and cuss him out if you bust your ass
Cut out the old diamond plate and weld in the grated stuff so you don't raise the step any higher and it will be a cleaner look.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
How are your shoes still wet from prespray when you get the van?

And I thought I used a lot of prespray.
The morning grass is wet from dew, and the shoes get wet again, which makes them slippery, because there's some pre spray on the bottom

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom