I'm headed to Vegas to visit the IICRC for a few reasons

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Met awesome people friends, instructors and learned a great deal from all the classes....even if the free classes I was able to pick up at the least one tip that helped me and my business.

Marketing the iicrc to my customers was a waste of time and breathe (Absolutely no disrespect to all the great instructors I learned from). Most home owners can care less...they just want to know ‘‘can I trust you in my home” and “can I trust you to do the job correctly”

So here is a question Michael that you can field....

first question - “Can I get a refund?”
second question - “If not, can I at the least get 50% refund?”

Mikey P

Administrator
Met awesome people friends, instructors and learned a great deal from all the classes....even if the free classes I was able to pick up at the least one tip that helped me and my business.

Marketing the iicrc to my customers was a waste of time and breathe (Absolutely no disrespect to all the great instructors I learned from). Most home owners can care less...they just want to know ‘‘can I trust you in my home” and “can I trust you to do the job correctly”

So here is a question Michael that you can field....

first question - “Can I get a refund?”
second question - “If not, can I at the least get 50% refund?”

Fukfuk off...

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I was a very early member (1985) of the IICUC with #1285 member number. For years the IICRC did nothing that I could see to promote itself to the public, but I faithfully paid my member and certified firm dues. I spent a few thousand dollars traveling to cities where the classes were being held so I could start my business with the proper knowledge of cleaning. Many years later I finally had it with what were they doing to promote the member cleaners (which appeared to be nothing), so I dropped them.

Then I lost a huge referral source ( a large local carpet retailer) as I was told if I wasn't currently IICRC certified I could not clean for them anymore because the IICRC and the mills told the retailers the carpet warranty would be voided if the retailer did not use a current IICRC certified cleaner. Give me a break! I did not instantly lose all of my training and cleaning/stretching knowledge just because I did not renew my status!

The IICRC wanted quite a bit of money to re-certify me. How about bringing us former certified individuals and firms back into the fold without demanding such a high fee.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanworks

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I have a question but not sure how to word it, so i'll just dump a bunch of words out here and hopefully it will make sense.

I often ask myself, how important is carpet cleaning to Legend Brands. They are a huge company and from what I understand are owned by Krylon Paint. So something like carpet cleaning is just small potatoes to a huge company like that. That being said, Legend Brands does an excellent job reaching out to the cleaners (in my opinion). Legend Brands is much bigger than people realize and are involved in way more things than us little guys.

So using Legend Brands as a comparison to the IICRC, are we really important to their business model? Or, do we just THINK we as small cleaners are important to them? The IICRC is involved in much bigger things than just little carpet cleaners with beat up vans. They are heavily involved in dictating and training the insurance industry. My Bother-In-Law is a Farmer's agent. He is constantly spouting off about the IICRC S-500 and S-520 Standards Manual. Even if some of the methods are outdated, it's their bible. The amount of incursion the IICRC as obtained into the insurance industry is impressive. These agents are totally brainwashed.

I would like to know, what is the real focus of the IICRC. Where does the bulk of the income come from? Are they like a cat playing with us little O/O like a mouse?

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
I have a question buy not sure how to word it, so i'll just dump a bunch of words out here and hopefully it will make sense.

I often ask myself, how important is carpet cleaning to Legend Brands. They are a huge company and from what I understand are owned by Krylon Paint. So something like carpet cleaning is just small potatoes to a huge company like that. That being said, Legend Brands does an excellent job reaching out to the cleaners (in my opinion). Legend Brands is much bigger than people realize and are involved in way more things than us little guys.

So using Legend Brands as a comparison to the IICRC, are we really important to their business model? Or, do we just THINK we as small cleaners are important to them? The IICRC is involved in much bigger things than just little carpet cleaners with beat up vans. They are heavily involved in dictating and training the insurance industry. My Bother-In-Law is a Farmer's agent. He is constantly spouting off about the IICRC S-500 and S-520 Standards Manual. Even if some of the methods are outdated, it's their bible. The amount of incursion the IICRC as obtained into the insurance industry is impressive. These agents are totally brainwashed.

I would like to know, what is the real focus of the IICRC. Where does the bulk of the income come from? Are they like a cat playing with us little O/O like a mouse?

LB is owned by RPM, who also owns Krylon.
Of all the entities under the LB umbrella, yes, carpet cleaning is the smallest of those. Luckily for us, the Bruders grew up in our industry and hold it near and dear to their hearts, if not their pocket books.

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
LB is owned by RPM, who also owns Krylon.
Of all the entities under the LB umbrella, yes, carpet cleaning is the smallest of those. Luckily for us, the Bruders grew up in our industry and hold it near and dear to their hearts, if not their pocket books.
Legends does a great job with the small guys. People like Rick Aranda and Laura are great portals into the company. I’ve never felt like LB has been too distant if I ever need to reach out to them. The IICRC should reach out to them and follow their format of customer relations.

F

FB7777

Well hopefully you and Long Duk can straighten out this greedy ineffective organization and improve training across the board

you certainly cant do any worse than the status quo

C2E358C3-B248-4631-B1F9-06BC420763EE.png

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have a 4th grade edumacation so I don'ts need it.

Besides I lern from other carpet cleeners every thing I needs from there youtube videos!

Joel HoppEE is my favorite!

Last edited:

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
How many current IICRC instructors have Jim's capabilities?
It wouldn't matter because they are not using his teaching format.
The IICRC Class Textbook for classes I have been tested is "The Complete Guide to Cleaning and Restoration" Jim Pemberton has a chapter in it on Upholstery Cleaning. Water Damage Class, Carpet Cleaner Class...all in that book. Available at Amazon.
My point - It isn't the information that makes Jim Pemberton's Class better... it's the hands on format. You already know that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom