I'm thinking it's time for a new truckmount....

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Judson's TNT is on the top of my list. What are the downsides? All I can think of is having to fill the propane tank. Currently, I run a boxxer 421. It's having some issues and I just would rather get a new TM and fix the Boxxer up after. Getting it ready as a backup/second machine.

Becker

Name
Becker
You've gotten years of service out of that boxer. Why not a new boxer. I've thought hard about a Judson. I just don't want to have to take the time to worry about buying propane. I converted a hm I had to propane. Loved the instant heat.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
There is no worries if you use a rotary.

I fill up my propane tank maybe once a week, but than again I use the rv360i 80% of the time.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
The simplicity of the Judson Becker. Lots of doodads on the boxxer than can cause headaches IMO. I've been lucky to get ten years without any trouble. Now, I can see why guys were saying the machine has too many bells and whistles.

I love the Boxxer, I just want to know my machine inside and out. I'm too dense to understand the Boxxer in that way. Reading electronic schematics isn't on my want list.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
if propane is the worse negative....

then i think you have your answer....

anytime i hear someone bring that up....makes me wanna throat punch them:hopeless:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ya, I don't really see too much of a negative.

Sapphire 570......all the heat you can handle and no propane......even running a high flow Hoss with this machine you can hold over 300 degrees if your not careful........
vacuum is great.....liquid cooled kubota bullet proof industrial engines......

worth looking into if you are going to get another machine.........

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The time wasted fetching propane, the added cost of a secondary fuel for the heater, the pain of maintaining and servicing the heater.
Other than that you're good! :winky:

It would be a step back going from Heat Exchange but if you've had troubles in the past and realize them few negatives a Judson is probably a good choice for you. Its a simple unit and should do you fine for many years.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yeah consider buying a sapphire , you know the company that makes PLASTIC tools for our trade.

Maybe they will throw in that POS StRyKeR wand too.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Maintaining the heater seems trivial compared to dealing with all the doodads on a more complex machine. Maybe I'm wrong though. At least Les has made a video on maintaining the heater. Now maybe Hydramaster could make some vids for each of the doodads and I'd be set.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Get ready for TM envy Ladwig.

Btw, I was in your neighborhood the other day. Used the urinal in your front yard you installed a few years back. Hope you don't mind. I'll chip in for the next box of urinal cakes.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No the killer is the time wasted getting the propane, count on 20-30 minutes fueling. It's not like a gas station, they are always slow movers that work at RV's shops or Uhaul. You're more of nuisance to them than a sale. I'd get a 100lb tank so you don't have to go so often.

Reactions: Cleantechsk

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Good point. I wonder what size comes with the Judson. I know that's part of the package, just not sure of the belly mount size.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We always used the 100lbs belly tanks that mounted on the drivers side.

Even if it cost more initally it will save you later on the trips to the propane vendor.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
If you don't want a little giant get a kero or diesel heater. you will get more capabilities being able to run at 4000 psi instead of 1200 plus you can gas up at the station. Just install a small power invertor and your good to go. We have one on our restaurant slayer and we love the monster heat!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I thought we was doing lunch one day Dirk?

I promise I won't make fun of retards again.............promise!

You liberal bastard!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you don't want a little giant get a kero or diesel heater. you will get more capabilities being able to run at 4000 psi instead of 1200 plus you can gas up at the station. Just install a small power invertor and your good to go. We have one on our restaurant slayer and we love the monster heat!
Jon what is the price of kero vs propane or is there a price difference?

Scott Rogers

No the killer is the time wasted getting the propane, count on 20-30 minutes fueling. It's not like a gas station, they are always slow movers that work at RV's shops or Uhaul. You're more of nuisance to them than a sale. I'd get a 100lb tank so you don't have to go so often.

here they let me pump my own. hell they even gave me the gate code in case i need propane after hours. But i would never use it, wouldnt want to be blamed if something turned up missing or something.

Reactions: BLewis

hogjowl

Idiot™
I use a propane unit. My first TM was a Prochem Cub with a heat exchanger. After spending a year trying to keep that complicated POS working, I sold it and went with TCS units. I have owned three of them over the years. So, I think I am qualified to comment on your questions.

Propane can be a pain in the butt. I have two propane companies in my areas to choose from and both of them have a guy in the yard to fill me up only on occasion. So I used to have to call ahead, and not allow my tank to get below half a tank, so I would not run dry until they could tell me a time when they would have someone there. After a few years of this, one of the managers showed me how to do it myself and gave me the combination code for the gate lock. So now I have no problems filling.

I am quite happy with running propane units as long as I am on the truck, but I would never put a crew in one. Just last night, my son came over and borrowed the van to do a friends house (on the side). He left the heater running all night! If he had been in a wreck on the way home, it could have been bad.

The only down side to a Judson unit that I can see (other then propane) is the fact that there is very little room in one for tools and such. Have you seen one of those tanks? It's built like a box ... a rather LARGE box.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

uhhh there are high psi propane units as well.....not just shitty little giants...

and ima throat punch Richard:mad:

only problem i see is from that other post with is pic....

he goes to throat punch me, and its in the NADS:dejection:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Jon what is the price of kero vs propane or is there a price difference?
Not sure the savings of propne vs kero. I pay about 18.00 for a 20lb tank of propane for our floor machines. Now I run diesel in my burner because its like 3 something a gallon and I think kero is well above 5 at the moment. When I run diesel I throw a splash of red devil fuel treatment in each tank full, the red devil is an additive that supposedly helps the diesel burn cleaner and control soot build up in the coils

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Get a Judson, why?
Easy to work on, IF you have to.
Great heat, don't worry about getting propane, people here just like to bitch. If you are a regular at a propane place, ask for the motor fuel rate. Uhaul even offers it. Besides, you have to stop and get gas right?
Plenty of suck, Les will even let you pick your own blower, or hell even custom build to your liking. When I got mine, he offered a 48 or 56.
Easy to find parts and not waiting on a special switch from the manufacturer.

Best of all, you will get the best service during install, and after sale that no other company will provide. Period.

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom