I'm thinking of something like this as a table top for the Home Show, what do you...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm thinking of something like this as a table top for the Home Show, what do you think?

It's a work in progress, text and layout could change but I was wondering if you thought the idea was worth spending time on?

ThermalImagingTableTop.jpg

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Do you think those terms are homeowner friendly? Is it even worth doing home shows for your restoration bus vs selling cleaning at them? Not judging, just asking.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've done them for years and it's hard to see any direct sales from it but it has always seemed worth while and we usually see and speak with lots of clients and potential clients.

The text and layout will need work, infact I think I'll cut it to one tech and it will enlage better and I can move the text around better.

I was just wondering if the idea was worth it???

We've never pushed the cleaning at them, always restoration, however this year I plan to have a table top with an image of my tech's and the Dirt Dragon cleaning a floor and then raffle off Hardwood floor cleaning.

For carpet cleaning they will hand out the dollar bill looking coupons.

The booth display will feature mostly restoration but with pictures of all services we offer, a pull up of carpet cleaning on one side and restoration on the other.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Sounds good, if you go to one find a new one or make the skinny guy smile or look less angry, the chunky guy has got to go.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
As a home show patron what does moisture detection or thermal detection mean to me. Kind of like HWE, highest heat, ?cfm's or vortex in carpet cleaning.
What about
WATER LOSS / FIRE DISASTER
RECOVERY
Immediate Response
The best drying equipment
Certified personal
Fastest return to your home
30 years in disaster restoration work

Just a idea, tell them you can do it not how.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I think it will be a great come on for other cleaning services and possibly restoration later. I would not emphasize the restoration issue.

Lots of people these days concerned about mold and mildew or unhealthy stuff, in their home. If you can offer some assessment of that and possibly tie it with carpet or other cleaning services, it may be a great way to get in.

Once you're in, hopefully you'll be the first one they call when they need restoration services.

P.S. Why is it that Chavez technicians always look either hungry or chubby?
Usually Both :frown:

Last edited:

Connor

Name
Connor
Sounds good, if you go to one find a new one or make the skinny guy smile or look less angry, the chunky guy has got to go.

Looks like the odd couple tourist style,

"Look, Julio, there's La Tour Eiffel!"
"Hold on, Hank, I gotta make room on la cámara."

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
P.S. Why is it that Chavez technicians always look either hungry or chubby?
Usually Both :frown:
Survival of the fittest, those chubby guys don't leave much for the others.

AND for you information, I'm no longer in the chubby group.....well at least at the low end anyway! :madd:

Fookers! :lol:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We did that for several years, we would point the camera at the crowd and as people walked by you would see their thermal image on a large flat screen. The problem is it takes up so much space to do that, from the tripod to the tv it's easier with a double booth but we only have singles at each show this time around.

Here is another design:

ThermalImagingTableTop2.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No most are what Dan calls "Trick or Treaters" they just want what ever you're giving away, the others do not want to make eye contact because they don't want to be sold anything.

So something like this they must get it in a second or two or it has little value.

What we do to break the ice is offer their kids a blow pop, then all of the sudden their facial expression changes and they say thanks and take a look at who you are and will ask a few questions. Its the most we can hope for, they may take a Air Duct clean brochure, ask a few questions about mold but it is an opportunity to do a dog and pony show of our services. It works quite well actually, a few duct jobs, some carpet cleaning, a few moisture inspections. A few years ago when I was about done with doing them we got a $60,000.00 account from a wdr client that didn't know we did commercial carpet cleaning. So we just never know how much actual value you get from them.

Back
Top Bottom