Image...How much do you pay attention to it?

Image...How much do you pay attention to it?

• Not at all

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • very little

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Name
Shawn Forsythe
So does image even enter you mind when you enter a customers home or office?

You are used to yourself but this is the first time that person has ever met you. Even if you have been there before, these people don't see you every day so each time it is like you are a new person.

If you don't have a great image, they will not respect what you tell them or sell them.

Half the battle of getting a client comfortable is that first impression when you are walking up the drive way or in through those double doors into the reception area.

I have learned the hard way that people judge you how you look first, act second and memory third.

How you make them feel is how they will remember you and it all starts with respecting them enough to have your image up to par at the very least.

Sure, you may win them over by the end of the job with your awesome charm or great cleaning but the damage is done if you didn't get the first impression.

And believe me, no matter how much they love you at the end of the job, they will love you that much more if they liked you at the beginning.

Now let's talk how it makes you more money....

-Brian Robison-
This has been a moment with Brian.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Hey...if i happen to chose sitting here in front of my computer sans COMANDO wit you jerks whislt i'm making money.....

i can't see how it matters too much!

<<<<AND WHURRS MY BANNER>>>>

TimP

I make sure I shave have clean clothes on...change my shirts from job to job to keep down any smell from previous jobs.... Keep my hair cut etc like you're supposed to.

But I'm no Rex Tyus....he's one of those guys that goes beyond clean and grooming.....his wife has him on a short leash

Rex Tyus

Just because I shave my arms, wax my eybrows, and go to the tanning bed doesn't mean I am obsessive about a clean cut image. :roll:

:mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Damn, broke my own rule.

Rule: When near the van...look the part.

I wasn't cleaning any carpets because of some other work I was doing. One of my regulars called me for a last minute job.

Ok, so I'm not in uniform but we know eachother outside of carpet cleaning so....no big deal right?

I get done (she left the key for me), I call her to come pay me.
She says
"Can you come pick up the check?"

Sure, no problem.
I go to the place and it's a HUGE senior living facility with a beatiful receptionist in front to meet me.

If would have been in uniform I could have scored that whole building with that and the testimony I recieved from the home owner....I didn't know she worked there.

I mean,,,,I got the facility...but still....I should have been more concerned with my image and made a better first impression.

Lesson learned.....again.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Rex Tyus said:
Just because I shave my arms, wax my eybrows, and go to the tanning bed doesn't mean I am obsessive about a clean cut image. :roll:

:mrgreen:

Do you trim your vagina? :| :mrgreen:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've pretty much got myself set up where its always the same when I enter a new clients place, so I don't have to be As concerned.

on time, or I've called ahead
clean shaven
neat
brushed teeth
clean uniform
clean truck
have my office in a bag, ie laptop and printer - always wow's them
sonic/laser measuring tool
Cards, work order, etc, everything looks matched, professional
Polite talk, joke a little if it comes up, just be friendly
Always concerned about meeting their needs first

Not afraid to flirt a little with a pretty receptionist :wink: happens so rarely, not an issue lol

Rex Tyus

Kiss my ass you neanderthal. You can make fun if'n you like. I don't give a shit. My chic likes it and being the kept man that I am, I aim to please. :D

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron's got a great image..I've watched the vid and from his post, he's seems to have it together.

Still think you need to change your name and logo...but if your makin money...who the hell am I?

Name
I'm Rick James
Its a fact people judge you on how you look, they make up their mind within the first 2 minutes of meeting you if you'll do a good job are not. Same as if you pulled up in a dinged up POS van. Image is EVERYTHING!!!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Image is important but not everything, it just shortcuts the "trust me" process. If you can't back up your image with substance you won't last long.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Shawn...jus a WILD guess here....

YOU voted bob vawter TOO...didn't ya?

all of ya's know that you'd lik ta be "jus like me"...if ya could!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The Great Oz said:
Image is important but not everything, it just shortcuts the "trust me" process. If you can't back up your image with substance you won't last long.

That's like saying food is not everything. You have to have food to grow your body and survive.

Yes there are other parts to your business but without image you have nothing.

I am speaking from a "grow your business" point of view of course.

Rex Tyus

If your image sux. It doesn't matter how good you are as you will not get the chance to prove your skills. If your image is great and your skills suck you will suffer on repeats. It takes both to continue to thrive. But you have to be allowed inside FIRST.

TimP

I have quite a few customers that will schedule...I give them the price and write me a check and go to work or do things they gotta do....even some who leave their place open have me call with a price and bill em and they mail me a check. If they don't trust you in your home there might be something wrong with your appearance. I may not be the most attractive guy out there but at least I try to stay clean cut and I don't have the psycho personality so the ladies trust me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom