Important notice re: Reno Cleaning College

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
BIG RED EDIT - You will be able to register and pay at the door.

Our volunteers have decided to man the desk and hand-write receipts on-site. You might not get a badge that's as pretty as the pre-registrants, but you can drive up at the last minute if your schedule opens up.

Just a few days away http://cleaningcollege.org/registration/

If you're a good Mikeysboard member, check the member rate box on the registration form.

Mikey P

Administrator
My son and I will be there.

Perfect opportunity for Jr.

considering the quality of the program I'[m a bit surprised at only 40 sign ups.

Busy season is a bad time to try and attract newbs.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We were never shooting for big numbers, just a class event.

I wondered why most of the people signing up were from outside the local area. I just heard a load of crap from a supplier that might explain it.

Apparently, some people are spreading the rumor that this is a Sapphire Scientific sales program. Some suppliers have been passing this load of hooey on to their customers if they said they were interested in attending. would the real rob allen please stand up?

Anyone that looks at the program can see that there are only two Sapphire employees on the program, both well respected. They were asked to be there due to their knowledge of their topics. Sapphire didn't ask for and didn't get any special considerations.

Sapphire doesn't even have a booth at the event, but Prochem and Hydramaster do.

I didn't plan on having to deal with the BS from those that are so accustomed to the petty corruption in our industry events that they can't believe there's another way.

For those of you that are having trouble with the concept:

This is a clean event.
No sales pitches from the podium are allowed.
No one buys their way onto the program.
Those that tried to buy their way onto the podium have been told to buy a booth.

There's a big world of honest people in our industry. No one should be afraid to come to Reno and meet some of them.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Let's nip this in the bud right now. I sent a private message to Bryan about a couple of conversations I had with a couple of lurkers. No one is talking people out of going. No one is spreading rumors. A couple of conversation happened and instead of repeating them with anyone or posting them I shared them with Bryan as this is his event and the perception of even one person is important. There is nothing more to it.

Mikey P

Administrator
I should have figured it was YOU Olsen, you wont be happy until Bruders is 6 feet under.

will YOU :?: :?: :?:

is that the sort of compassion they teach you in that whacky church out there?

and because of YOU there wont be enough people there to hide my goofy big ass, and I"m gonna have to pay to get in...

BASTARD!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Mikey P said:
I should have figured it was YOU Olsen, you wont be happy until Bruders is 6 feet under.

will YOU :?: :?: :?:

is that the sort of compassion they teach you in that whacky church out there?

and because of YOU there wont be enough people there to hide my goofy big ass, and I"m gonna have to pay to get in...

BASTARD!

LOL I love you to brother :)

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Hey John, I didn't "out" you because my response was really directed at several people that have taken pot-shots at the event. Some have personal issues, some are people that have a competitor exhibiting and are trying to keep their customers away, some have a financial connection to someone that wasn't allowed to buy podium time, and some are just people that can't stand to have an honest event succeed. Your message just made me realize I'd better address some of this.

The quality of the party depends on the guests and I'm looking forward to this group. We're going to have a really good time, and no petty dramas will take that away.

PS: This isn't my event. It belongs to the CCINW and CFI, with people from both organizations involved. I've just become the Mikeysboard spokesman because I think some of you are salvageable. J/K

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I hope it fills up, we could really use the influx of tourists here. There are a few custys that I have talked to that have shown interest but there also hasn't been any advertisment for it here in town. My customers know but most I've talked to don't want to take the three days off because the busy season just started to kick in or don't want to pony up the $350.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Since they seem to be a topic of interest, Sapphire is now interested in finding out if they can still buy exhibit space.

Everyone follows the drama on Mikeysboard.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Who put this thing together?
I would happily have signed up had I know before I made other plans. I know I don’t keep in touch with most here, but I would love to heat of other events with these kind of speakers.

Thx,
Dale
www.flooringinspector.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom