In-Line Sprayer Coverage

srugman26

What do most of you get as far as sq foot coverage from a 5 qt in-line sprayer. I have the Mytee sprayer and get about 800-1000 sq ft per 5 qts depending on soil condition. That would be in a commercial setting.

Joe Bristor

way too many variables to get usable data from the many answers you'd get from a Q like that, imo.

Your post reads like maybe you have done this, but if not...
how about go to an empty parking lot - one of the many ghost town movie theaters would work - and do some testing on your own. Measure out large areas of square footage then walk through it with your sprayer.
You might be amazed... dilution ratio, application rate, gross & net coverage, variation of chemical draw with temperature to name a few.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
srugman26 said:
What do most of you get as far as sq foot coverage from a 5 qt in-line sprayer. I have the Mytee sprayer and get about 800-1000 sq ft per 5 qts depending on soil condition. That would be in a commercial setting.

As Joes states, there are way too many variables to give an exact answer. However, AS AN AVERAGE, I would expect 400 to 600 sq. ft. coverage from a gallon of diluted prespray on low pile commercial carpet with moderate soil.

We don't know what dilution your sprayer is set to, but at 8:1 (whichis pretty common) your 5 qts sprayer would put out over 11 gallons by the time it was emptied. So, 11 diluted gallons should give you somewhere close to 5,000 sq. ft.

Sounds to me like you may be soaking that carpet. Then again you may be cleaning really trashed carpet.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Joe measn well but DON'T do that. At least in an empty parking lot. Some tree hugger will turn you in and you'll have a hard time proving you was just spraying water. It is a good Idea to measure off your lawn or back yard, anywhere that someone won't turn you in. You should also do the same with the sprayer you use for Protector. Prochem Fourgard is 400 sqft per gallon all the other teflon products Interlink,Dupont,Steamn Way etc are 200 sqft per gallon. You'll be surprised how much you are actually putting down. Most people are ripping off the customer and they don't even know it.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington

For clarification -
Bridgepoint's Maxim Advanced Protector mixes with 2 gallons of water for a total of 3 gallons. Those 3 gallons each cover 400 sq. ft. for a total of 1200 sq. ft. coverage from one gallon of concentrate on residential carpet. (It will go twice as far on low pile commercial.)

Uses less water so carpets are drier than with many competitive coverage plus you get 20% more coverage than most competitors which only cover 1000 sq. ft. from a gallon of concentrate.

Teflon and some other protectors which are carried by some by many Interlink Supply distributors are indeed 200 sq. ft. per diluted gallon coverage.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
My bad Scott. I was wrong to include the Maxim in that dilution ratio. For some reason I thought it was the same ratio as Teflon advanced.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom