India Ink spill job later today

Mikey P

Administrator
any suggestions?

My last ink call was an exploded printer cartridge that rinsed out with just water.

I dont think I'll be that lucky this time.

machinejjh

Solv Ink & Uph tool @ low temp/pressure. Works great.

Lee Stockwell said:
M.E.K. works quickly on most ink.

Methyl Ethyl Ketone? CH3C(O)CH2CH3?

Prolly wouldn't use that myself, vapors can be an irritant. *shrug*

To each his own.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Gasoline vapors irritate as well. Handle with due care. A pro will have 200+ cfm of ventilation at the point of use.

Using the RIGHT solvent in the RIGHT spot with proper ventilation gets the job done cleanly and with low net exposure.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Make no promises, in fact I'd start defining the separation now.

It's their spot, not yours (don't say it like that) but you don't want the blame for incomplete removal.

I'd try solvent first, Prosolve, Power gel and I'd blot into towels as much as you can before you rinse any out. Get as much mess out as you can before flooding it. The I'd use the Hoss to flush it, that dude should work better anything on flushing and extracting. Anything left I'd use Stain Magic.

Good luck!

machinejjh

Lee,
Like I said, to each his own. Didn't say it was wrong, just different. It's good to hear new things.

I worked in a machining factory when I was young. We used MEK and Cosmoline on the machined edges. Irritated the crap out of my eyes, throat and lungs. Granted, those were in much larger amounts than you would use on an ink spot.

Then, I moved to sandblasting and watched a guy turn his leg into what looked like peppered hamburger...

Ahhhh, the good old days... :twisted:

Mikey P

Administrator
Untouched..

photobucket-1432-1329248575281.jpg

photobucket-1374-1329248560098.jpg

I hit them both with 40 vol and Ammonia then began rinsing with a IA and Hel Gel ...apply agitate rinse repeat.. took about 15 times to remove each set of drips.

Luckily the ink did not go all the way to the backing..

Half way done..

photobucket-9747-1329248522413.jpg

Done!

photobucket-2598-1329248542141.jpg

photobucket-1326-1329248504209.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom