Inline sprayers & rinse question

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Say your cleaning a large home using an inline sprayer so you obviously cant prespray too far ahead & you want to use a fiber rinse or Judsons O2 Oxygen Extraction, do you go out to the van & turn off the rinse while you prespray & then turn it back on while cleaning or not worry about the rinse combining with your prespray?

(I know a Multisprayer would solve this issue)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I use an alkaline rinse so it's not an issue.
I wonder if the acid rinse would be.
Hopefully someone chimes in.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Everytime, you don't want to be adding acid rinse to your prespray or what is the point of the pre-spray.

That being said put a open quick connect and let it drain into a bucket and see how much water your lines hold, it's not much.

Keith

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It would be worth it just to run a clean water line from the TM. Although I don't think I can turn the chem feed off on just one of the lines.

I like the multisprayer idea...I just don't want to spend 400 bucks or more to get one.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have the omni sprayer and i would not want to fill it up on every job. (Just for protectant)

Inline is the way to fly for me!

Keith

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim;

I would use a neutral pH "encap" rinse.

There would be no problem with the pH.

You would lose some of the anti-resoil properties with some poorly-formulated presprays.

Larry

Able 1

Name
Keith
Brian Robison said:
It would be worth it just to run a clean water line from the TM. Although I don't think I can turn the chem feed off on just one of the lines.

I like the multisprayer idea...I just don't want to spend 400 bucks or more to get one.

Or you could spend $350.00 for 150 of solution line and run the two lines.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
good one for jim pemberton or scott warrington to answer.
I think that i have asked jim this question once before. think he said that what i am using wouldn't harm the prespray, but dont quote me.

i dont know what your running so me replying is probably usless
i was using traffic slamm prespray and power point rinse.

pm him or scott if you can, two of the smartest perople i know. rob lyon also.

steampro

Name
Ryan
Well if your using the 02 rinse, its a ph 7 so it shouldnt affect your pre-spray at all I would think. I used to run an all fiber rinse through the solution line while using a hydroforce and never noticed any difference in the pre-spray at all. I do like the idea of an encap rinse though.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Glad I'm not the only one who does that. (leaves the meter off). I really feel salty after I realized I left the pump in prime. And I just laid down five gallons of stock solution in one room. (man that room cleaned up really well! ) :lol:

TimP

It's not going to make a difference in your inline sprayer to have acid rinse going through your lines. Do a ph test and find out....hell just do side by side tests and see if you can tell a difference. Keep in mind when rinsing you're sucking up the detergent and flushing with much more volume than your pre-spray. Hence the reason you use 5-10 gallons of PS and you use 100 gallons of rinse.....there is a big strength difference for sure. PS is concentrated.....rinse is not since it is left in the carpet.....especially with truck mounts.

How much stock solution do you guys go through per gallon used??? It takes 2 completely full dumps for me running at around 4gph and that's probably 160-180 gallons recovered in my cds if I had to guess which would include sucking up the prespray too.

Greenie

:shock:

O2 definitely won't hurt, but I beleive just about any "rinse" is dilute enough not to effect the stronger prespray.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I screwed up and put some urine pretreatment in my prespray once a long while back. They cancelled each other out and didn't even start to clean anything. It almost inhibited it.
Won't be doing that again.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
A typical rinse product is mixed 32 ounces (1 qt) to a 5 gallon stock tank. If you run at 3 gallons per hour the final dilution is about 420 to 1.

This dilution means that almost anything you are running through your solution line will have very little, likely not noticable, effect on your prespray. The exception might be a specialty product like the urine treatment mentioned above.

Scott Warrington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom