Input on "Foreverclean" Water Conditioners....

C

clean image

I have 2 new johns heat xchangers on new units and wondering the same

I do have a forever clean I bought for a spitfire 4.0 like 14 years ago

Also have a steam action magnet as well

Theres a recent topic on this.

I have been searching this forum as well as google

I don't want salt system since we do allot of stone.

Larry Cobb, how's that ion exchange system, notice you don't sell anymore?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
starrett said:
got a used one i would part with

I really would only use it because it's offered on a TM I'm interested in. I would defineatly use a water softner if not the FC.

johndoe123

I used to have a water softner, and it stopped being effective because here in San Diego area, the water became so bad, it just didn't cut it. So I moved over to filtering the water with a high flow R/V filter from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0024E ... d_i=507846. It works great, takes all the junk and smell out of our bad water and replace/throw away every 3 months. But, I was left then with the scaling issue. So, I researched like you guys are doing for something to help with descaling. I decided after talking with people about "rare earth magnets" that any good one will do the same job. I spent $99 on a good strong "rare earth magnet" on Amazon again (my favorite online shopping) http://www.amazon.com/Large-Magnetic-Wa ... 929&sr=8-1 . Ok, so after using for 2 months, I can't tell you about descaling, but I can tell you it cleans out your system of any rust (I think from some of my old brass fittings). Everyday on first startup I run the water through my 3' cut solution line to fill my hydroforce with, and the first water that comes out now, is always rust. So, all I know it's doing something to clean the brass out of rust, I just hope it's doing what I bought it to do, is descaling. Time will tell.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I know the guys who are smarter than me will be along to say the magnets are a myth, but back in the day I used Forever Clean and they did what I needed. Remember that they don't "soften the water" so you won't get the benefit of soft water in the actual cleaning process. It did make a difference in the scaling problem I had. I was using propane heat at the time and was having to clean the screens on my wand daily. After a short time of using the magnet cleaning the screens was only necessary when there was other types of debrie caught in them. Just my experience.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Hydramaster used them on ALL of their TM's for quite a while.

I do think they help prevent scale deposits.

Some of my customers utilize them in TM's.

I saw a $10,000 electronic model used in nuclear reactor plumbing.

Larry

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
first off brass doesn't rust. i use the forever magnet and until recently i haven't had to clean out the orifice. i think it's twice in the last year. not bad . i have never descaled it. most guys i know have constant problems with it clogging. i heard it turns the water into a magic solution kinda like zeroez's water hey Marty, blow me

gene

johndoe123

Well, I guess I can't blame the brass, then something else is rotting in my system for this "dirty" looking water to discharge for a split second. I won't know about scaling for awhile, I will report back for long term follow up.

Matt Limbach

Eric Strate said:
Well, I guess I can't blame the brass, then something else is rotting in my system for this "dirty" looking water to discharge for a split second. I won't know about scaling for awhile, I will report back for long term follow up.

You may have a hose on its way out. IE Black death, on one of the hoses in your truckmounts' plumbing.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Eric Strate said:
My guess is you have some mild steel fittings somewhere in your system. They're rusting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom