Insane Groupon Offer for duct cleaning

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I would post a link but don't know how. Anyways, the offer today was for air duct cleaning, 12 vents and 1 return for .......$39 freaking dollars. They are even offering to go to areas 30 miles from here. After the groupon slice they wont even get gas money....

I got to wonder what the real deal is, what are they selling. Its not like carpet cleaning where you might at least get a repeat customer.

Hidden camera time I think.

Connor

Name
Connor
I bet they have to upsell a "deep clean" or something crazy. Either that or they totally got took by Groupon.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Incluses: System analysis, mold inspection, and estimate for optional recommended services (a $50 value)

Sound like the oil change special that includes a free 14 point inspection.

The inspection then turns up $2000 in repairs.

Ball joints. brakes, turning rotors, injection cleaning. That tire is wearing on the inside, have to replace them all and more ........$$$$$$$$$ ching!!!

And you have to fix it now. Because your car is not road worthy in it's present condition.

You know these air duct guys are going to turn up more vents, you have to get the dryer vent cleaned so your home doesn't catch on fire. That mold we turned up will harm your family, Health is very important isn't it?. Fungicide , Deo. Then comes the dandy furnace filter and even filters for each vent. Will that be cash or charge?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Checked some internet reviews...lots of complaints. They use subs, don't bother to actually clean anything, make a mess, damage property, and charge crazy rates to do any type of deviation from offer. Total scam apparently.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, those types of companies give Groupon a bad name. :shock:

Actually, shame on Groupon for allowing a company to do such a low price that they can't actually honor it.

I mean, I don't know anything about air duct cleaning... I'm just sayin in general.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Duct cleaning for 12 vents, done properly, is at least a 2 hour job. Most run to 3 hours with a 2 man crew.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Exactly the reason Groupon IS, and will continue to have problems.

Unhappy customers and more refunded deals...which is exactly what is killing them.

They should be ashamed of themselves for letting ANY company sell 850 such deals.

What they should do is STAY OUT OF THE SERVICE SECTOR, and stick to restaurants, movies, spa's n' stuff.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, it might be a bit low.

I won't do a penny under $65... Unless it's for a Mini Franchise and they want to.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Goomer said:
Exactly the reason Groupon IS, and will continue to have problems.

Unhappy customers and more refunded deals...which is exactly what is killing them.

They should be ashamed of themselves for letting ANY company sell 850 such deals.

What they should do is STAY OUT OF THE SERVICE SECTOR, and stick to restaurants, movies, spa's n' stuff.

I think both sides need to be responsible. The rep needs to not try so hard and the service company needs to not be such a push over.

And they both need to work the numbers to the benefit of both companies.

Because too low of a price will hurt a company if they flake on the jobs (reputation) AND of course Groupon refunds almost no matter what.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think Groupon will set some guidlines in place and send them down to the Reps.

Or at least they should.

Connor

Name
Connor
Most people don't count their beans, that's their problem.

Able 1

Name
Keith
On the cheap ad's I've seen in the past I think the upsell is "sanitizer" ...

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Brian R said:
I think both sides need to be responsible.

Yeah, but Groupon has to take the initiative because they are responsible for protecting the Groupon name.

You can't let a bunch of brokedick contractors set the bar as far as how many deals they can grab especially when they are to be PAID A PERCENTAGE UP FRONT.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Goomer said:
Brian R said:
I think both sides need to be responsible.

Yeah, but Groupon has to take the initiative because they are responsible for protecting the Groupon name.

You can't let a bunch of brokedick contractors set the bar as far as how many deals they can grab especially when they are to be PAID A PERCENTAGE UP FRONT.

You're right. Some of these dirt bags in the industry will do anything.

The one thing that caught my eye was "Groupon is not responsible if the company goes out of business" or something like that.

As low as people might think my deals were/are, I've had very very few complaints and refunds. But I've had a good amount that never got used.

Did they return them to Groupon? Are they still out there? I'm supposed to let them use the voucher at face value toward (connors post) a carpet cleaning....But very few of those as well.

So maybe 30 or 40 return them and I just never know about them? Was it because I have to schedule so far out? Did they just change their mind? Did they come to their senses and figure the deal was too good to be true?? :shock:

The world may never know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom