Inspector said these Corn Rows are normal

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I have a client with 800 s/f of 12 month old carpet.

immediately after installation he started noticing what can only be described as corn rows popping up everywhere. He called the place he purchased it from and they sent a carpet inspector to check it out.

The inspector said it's normal.

the client isn't too happy about it but nothing he can do.

Has anyone seen this before? is this normal for 12 month old carpet?

Here's some pictures.. Camera quality isn't great but every room in his house is affected.

under the door jam is an extreme example but wanted to make sure i got a good pic of what's going on throughout the rest of the house.
IMAG0038-1.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Haven't seen one this bad since the days of acrylic shag. Sorry to say this is what I'd expect from a polyester shag. It can't be written off as "normal" though. If you want to get involved, I'd recommend you do it by recommending they hire their own inspector so they can duke it out with the retailer.

PS: Sell them a Grandi-Groomer.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
no crb yet.... its scheduled for Tuesday..

Considered the CRB but decided to use brutt strength only. Vortex, 4 to door, zipper and SnG with a bit of JJ with a nice Cullagan software rinse..... Good call Bryan... Thank you!

It receives its first cleaning ever tomorrow. In order to comply with the warranty he needs to have it cleaned regularly.

Last edited:

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
i use JJ on wool and never had any problems... i agree. The SnG might be a little hot for a warranty job. glad you said something. thanx

steve_64

consumers are being duped. that carpet should be replaced. and then to be concerned about cleaning for the warranty, what a joke, there obviously is no warranty once its installed.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
consumers are being duped. that carpet should be replaced. and then to be concerned about cleaning for the warranty, what a joke, there obviously is no warranty once its installed.
That may sound like splitting hair, but actually the warranty is Rock Solid.
That is up till the very moment that you actually need it :icon_razz:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom