Insurance

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Who here has Disability Insurance? Is it a good idea? Does it "pay" to have it?

Will it pay a percentage of your income in case of you go down with a lung issue or brain tumor or cancer or just fell under a train and lost your legs??

I heard mixed opinions about it...some say its a waste of money some say its great to have... so lets hear it.

Also it is more likely to go disabled before dying so will that make it a better alternative to life insurance? (with all the processed crap we eat and drink on top of the constant chemical exposure for us cleaners..)

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We provide it for our employees as an offering in our cafeteria benefits plan. There are all $ levels you can buy with various wait periods b4 benefits kick in. STD generally kicks in after 1 week and pays for 26 weeks, LTD typjcally kicks in after 26 weeks and can pay out until age 65. Best to talk to a benefits consultant (AFLAC) to learn about all the various options and help you determine what your needs would be in the event of a short or long term disability.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Zee

steve_64

my business insurance covers short term. i would be paid based on my average weekly income if i got hurt. i dont remember all the details though.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Like Ken they can chose it off the Cafeteria plan, most do, its dirt cheap. Dental was the hard one. to get enough people to sign up for. They automatically get a little life with their health too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom