Interesting Marketing??

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
We have a local W/D company in the area that has been in business for probably 30+ years (through family). They are running a commercial on TV now that has them flooding their own house with buckets of water...even a fireman hosing down the interior, then begining to dry it. I think it's an ongoing commercial, but interesting marketing, I thought. I'll see if I can find it on utube.

Chris A

Name
Chris
A couple in IA did that a year or so for the free press, I met them at the Pirahna conference, they were a hoot

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The Pirahna guy just flooded the carpet in his basement, not nearly as impressive as flooding your whole house.

There was a company in Montana-Dayspring Restoration that flooded three floors of his own home, ceilings, walls, carpet, hardwood and tile. He used to have the video on his site but it's no longer there, probably copied or linked to by others too much?

I think he later smoked his whole house also but that video isn't there either.

My wife would divorce me if I flooded our home. I might be able to get a room or two in but from one floor to another, including ceilings and walls? I'd be divorced. :mrgreen:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
When Blake over flows the toilet all I do is go outside and jack one end of the trailer up and the water flows out the back.

:shock:

Connor

Name
Connor
Jimmy L said:
When Blake over flows the toilet all I do is go outside and jack one end of the trailer up and the water flows out the back.

:shock:
Most trailers I see have the HVAC in the floor right by the toilet. It gives them a place to put the Qtips and sweep the trash. It also acts as an emergency floor drain.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I had an idea even though I don't do water damage. Hook a fire hose to the wand and turn it on. Holding the wand out in the room the water would quickly fill the room with water spraying out the wand lips. Then run the video backwards and it would look like your quickly sucking the water out of the room into the wand. Followed by flooded? We get the water out fast!

Most customers don't understand structual drying. They just know their house has water and they need it gone.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Or run the video in forward to bash steam cleaners. Itsa win win!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
idreadnought said:
I had an idea even though I don't do water damage. Hook a fire hose to the wand and turn it on. Holding the wand out in the room the water would quickly fill the room with water spraying out the wand lips. Then run the video backwards and it would look like your quickly sucking the water out of the room into the wand. Followed by flooded? We get the water out fast!

Most customers don't understand structual drying. They just know their house has water and they need it gone.

If done right, that could be a very cool video.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
If you had a crew that could put it all back in a week or so while your on vacation. I'm not there yet. It would be me rebuilding while on vacation.It would make a good video for marketing.

caleb211

Wyatt Earp said:
The Pirahna guy just flooded the carpet in his basement, not nearly as impressive as flooding your whole house.

There was a company in Montana-Dayspring Restoration that flooded three floors of his own home, ceilings, walls, carpet, hardwood and tile. He used to have the video on his site but it's no longer there, probably copied or linked to by others too much?

I think he later smoked his whole house also but that video isn't there either.

My wife would divorce me if I flooded our home. I might be able to get a room or two in but from one floor to another, including ceilings and walls? I'd be divorced. :mrgreen:

At least you wouldn't have to worry about fighting over the house. lol.
As for the commercial, I could see that getting a lot of attention. At least its something that is memorable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom