Internet is main stream after TV

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Well, I saw another Groupon commercial last night on TV and it got me thinking.

Even though the internet is huge....TV is still bigger.

It's seems as though once an internet company starts having TV ads they go through the roof.

Groupon got so big so fast because of all the news press they recieved on TV in the beginning.

Godaddy is another good example of this...one superbowl ad a few years ago and they sky rocketed.
Angieslist is another.

Some dating sites are huge because of TV. E-Harmony

Ken Snow told me I should be doing TV. Targeted area cable TV ads.

I think that might be the way to go if you want to grow quickly.....getting the revenue AND the resources to handle it is another story.

I guess sometimes you have to make that leap.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I guess it's a cost verses ROI thing.

I looked into TV a few years back and just about fell over. This was early on, so maybe 2001ish and the production and screening for a few weeks was going to be somewhere around $50k I think.... back then, I was an O/O turning over maybe 2-3 times that if lucky.

If you have the cash flow to fund it, the sources to get quality production at reasonable rates then go for it.

As youv'e pointed out, the ones the use it wisely certainly reap the benefits from it.

John

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
They start out telling you it's about 10 cents per veiwer before production costs. You think carpet cleaning cents add up? Good gravy.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ya think...seeing as the LA lakers just signed a 20 yr 3 BILLION dollar deal with a Regional TV channel??

or the fact espn, fox, nbc, abc, cbs, pay out 100s of billion of dollars for sporting events...

or commercials for the super bowl are at what now??? 2, 3 mil per 30 sec

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/2/15/1 ... -3-billion

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
10 cents a viewer is about 5-10 times too much. Should be between 1-2 cents per household (maybe a little more for a small advertiser) buying morning network tv. I would not recommend cable, nor buying anything outside early morning on network. Fringe and evening tv are less effective and cost more. and afternoon soaps/judge shows will not have the sociodemographic viewer ideal for a mid to higher priced cleaner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom