internet vs. phonebook

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
HARPER said:
Dave Yoakum said:
Harpo.

Did 2 jobs today $900 total. Both from the net.

Started at 9:30
Done by 2:00

I paid the Yellow pages $1000 a month for 20 years.

Now i get more work and better clients for $15 a month.

Works for me.

WOW.....!

2 jobs a daY...."You are "kiCkIng ASS".."... :roll:

And ...Who GAS...what you make... :oops:

PHRED....is deaD-On...When he points-out....the "BovInE DunG"...smell in your post...!

JUST DOESN'T ADD-UP... :cry:

Brian is right you are a crazy (I would add cranky) old coot!!!

$900.00 for a few hours works for me because I don't have to pay for 3 guys to go on every job, pay for yellow pages or paying for an overloaded box truck.

My point was. I received the work from the net. Which "IS" the topic from the thread (not to blather finding fault and criticizing like some like to do, because they don't have any relevant information to add)and I have been a very long term Yellow Page user.

When I paid the YP $1000.00 a month for 20 years they barely paid for themselves and in the 4 months of winter season it cost more that it brought in.

They used to tie business phone numbers with the bill and many businesses here went bust every year when they had their phones shut off in the winter from not being able to pay their large YP bills.

Now that doesn't have to happen.

The Yellow pages doesn't have a monopoly any more.

So. they (the Yelow Pages)and you Harper can both ace off!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Whether or not you get a ton of work from the internet, you should still have a presence there.

When the old timers catch up or get in the box to allow the yougins to take over the world...you'll be ready.

I'm pretty sure more people have computers than TVs....I could be wrong.

People are even skyping while driving now...I smell a new law. lmao

By the way....can you advertise on skype somehow? If not...I'm sure it's coming.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Brian R said:
Whether or not you get a ton of work from the internet, you should still have a presence there.

When the old timers catch up or get in the box to allow the yougins to take over the world...you'll be ready.

I'm pretty sure more people have computers than TVs....I could be wrong.

People are even skyping while driving now...I smell a new law. lmao

By the way....can you advertise on skype somehow? If not...I'm sure it's coming.

I also think that history/longevity can affect your relevancy/ranking.

A good reason to get on the bandwagon before the rest of the world does and leaves you in the dust.

Mike Draper

joeynbgky said:
I think it depends on the location you are in.... About 80% of my calls come from the phonebook! I am number 1 on all search engines just about.. I am in Kentucky.. I think the state of Kentucky is about 10 years behind other states with technology and such.. And Lee I know you will not agree with me! But I have lived in other states. this one is way behind

Same here. WE have 1 book that always makes me a lot of money.

Back
Top Bottom