Name
Tony
Chris,
Does the carpet industry put recycling first, or fibers from renewable
resources first?

harryhides

Name
Tony
OK, Chris, last question unless anyone else has one.

With the furor over PFOA in some fluorochemical treatments, do you see
any changes in the application of such treatments to manufacturered
carpets?

-JB-

Name
JB
Chris sincerely, thank you for doing this very hot seat.

From discussions that I recently had with a retailer that I work closely with, upon returning from Surfaces last week, they seemed to have more questions than answers in regards to the SOA program, what is your organization (or the CRI for that matter) done/doing to explain the need/benefits of this program to retailers specifically? Or is it as Ruth Travis put it, to the cleaners benefit to tell them, so we should do it, and if so why would most cleaners, when the vast majority, (myself not included), use non-SOA approved equipment?
That would be like cutting our foot off despite or toes?
If anything when they came back from the show they seemed more apprehensive, than accepting of the program, what can you tell me about recent changes in the program, that will offer me and my retailers, more confidence in the SOA program.

And on a personal note Chris, for the lady's -

Boxers or briefs,

(I respectfully ask that to honor Lisa, for all the woman jokes posted earlier this evening, unless your a guy who's into that kinda thing, not that there's anything wrong with that.) :lol:

Chris Davis

harryhides said:
Chris, do you feel that the Mills have become more or less responsive and appreciative of our two arms of the Floor covering Industry in the last few years ?
And if not what do you think is the best way to get their attention?

We have felt like they were trying to compete with us when both Dupont and then Shaw and now Mohawk attempted to get into the cleaning business. Have the Retailers also felt the same way at times?

The best time to seek out friends and strategic partners is when you have a problem. And the mills have a problem--shrinking market share of their primary product. Cursing the darkness doesn't help much, so I know they have beem much more chummy with the cleaning industry than ever before---and much more with us. We have $50 million in the bank, so we're probably a little tough to ignore. Truth is the working relationship is getting better as we reach out to each other. And, yes, retailers have felt competition from mills in the past.

Chris Davis

harryhides said:
Chris,
Does the carpet industry put recycling first, or fibers from renewable
resources first?

I think that depends on who in the carpet industry you ask (and perhaps what time of day it is!)

Chris Davis

JB said:
Chris sincerely, thank you for doing this very hot seat.

From discussions that I recently had with a retailer that I work closely with, upon returning from Surfaces last week, they seemed to have more questions than answers in regards to the SOA program, what is your organization (or the CRI for that matter) done/doing to explain the need/benefits of this program to retailers specifically? Or is it as Ruth Travis put it, to the cleaners benefit to tell them, so we should do it, and if so why would most cleaners, when the vast majority, (myself not included), use non-SOA approved equipment?
That would be like cutting our foot off despite or toes?
If anything when they came back from the show they seemed more apprehensive, than accepting of the program, what can you tell me about recent changes in the program, that will offer me and my retailers, more confidence in the SOA program.

And on a personal note Chris, for the lady's -

Boxers or briefs,

(I respectfully ask that to honor Lisa, for all the woman jokes posted earlier this evening, unless your a guy who's into that kinda thing, not that there's anything wrong with that.) :lol:

You have Werner next week (I think). Ask him. It's his program. I know some common sense adjustments/accommodations have been made, but we have a deal: I don't handle his press or member relations, and he doesn't handle mine.

As for boxers or briefs... I don't like either on ladies.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Well Chris, I'm sorry that you had all that grief getting started but I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say a very big thanks to you for doing this.
I hope that we can make this an annual event.

On Feb 20th Werner Braun will be here and so if you want to come by please feel free anytime.

Good night, good luck and we here will work on ways to empty your scholarship fund which I will make sure everyone here knows about.
Carpet cleaners love freebies.

Thanks again, Tony

Chris Davis

harryhides said:
OK, Chris, last question unless anyone else has one.

With the furor over PFOA in some fluorochemical treatments, do you see
any changes in the application of such treatments to manufacturered
carpets?

Harry, I hope you are putting me on. Technology is a great thing. When someone invents a better mouse trap, I'm certain we'll all use it. Until then...

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Thank you for your time and effort Chris. We sincerely hope that you choose to check in from time to time. Yours is a view of our industry that most of us rarely get. That is very valuable.

Thanks and take care,
Lisa

Chris Davis

harryhides said:
Well Chris, I'm sorry that you had all that grief getting started but I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say a very big thanks to you for doing this.
I hope that we can make this an annual event.

On Feb 20th Werner Braun will be here and so if you want to come by please feel free anytime.

Good night, good luck and we here will work on ways to empty your scholarship fund which I will make sure everyone here knows about.
Carpet cleaners love freebies.

Thanks again, Tony

Tony, I am so sorry about the tech glitch (er, probably "operator error") and I know I answered every question, I just don't know where the hell they went. Maybe some will spill into Werner's responses next week. By next year (if you still want me back), I'm certain to have forgotten everything I learned to do here tonight. Thanks for having me. as they say, it was a pleasure being had, Good night and Thanks for putting up with me!

Back
Top Bottom