Interview with John Geurkink 6-7-07

John G

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you were to run a HWE crew ( or do it yourself) would you demand that they leave that carpet dry enough to post vacuum?

YES, I think all the cleaners should leave it that dry, the BEST hwe guys do.

Ron Brown

John,

I have your 17 " ccs machine and wondering if and how I could also use it as a floor sander. What head would I put on it to grab the sandpaper and where would I get large sheets of sandpaper?

Thanks
Ron

John G

So you dont use cotton anymore?

Very little, we use the new Gladiator pads, which would work VERY well for your rotary too, they are a triblend of synthetics and part cotton, they are thicker yet extreemly supple so they can clean deeply into the carpet, plus they remove the danger of tipblooming, they move easier, they last MUCH longer and hold a lot more soil

Dolly

Hi John,

Very interesting about your method. I have been impressed with your before and after photo's.

I cannot stay long here tonight. One day when you have time and I have time, I would like to look into your system more seriously.

My only question right now is.........how much does the machine weigh, and how in the world would I get it up stairs.

I don't run my buffer up any stairs or my machine as I have a long enough hose to do upstairs while my machine runs down stairs.

Thanks for the answer, and glad to see you on the hot seat.......

Dolly
simply Immaculate by Darlene

hogjowl

Idiot™
Just one clarification, please. I believe that the only contact I had with John's secretary was to say that I would no longer be a CCS customer. That was said in one post, and if the thread is still there on CCS, you can check for yourself. If that is considered "getting in to it" with her, then I am guilty as charged.

I am not the only customer she lost for CCS on that thread, and speaking of "odd" behavior, it is a bit ODD, to say the least, for a company employee to be allowed to ruin a business relationship in a public forum.

But, I'm sure John will be quick to say he doesn't care. So be it.

John G

J
ohn,

I have your 17 " ccs machine and wondering if and how I could also use it as a floor sander. What head would I put on it to grab the sandpaper and where would I get large sheets of sandpaper?

Thanks
Ron

Ron, yes you can, although it is not really very heavy for the job it will do it, you just put a piece of rebond pad under your pad driver brush and that will run the sanding screens very well.

John G

Hi John,

Very interesting about your method. I have been impressed with your before and after photo's.

I cannot stay long here tonight. One day when you have time and I have time, I would like to look into your system more seriously.

My only question right now is.........how much does the machine weigh, and how in the world would I get it up stairs.

I don't run my buffer up any stairs or my machine as I have a long enough hose to do upstairs while my machine runs down stairs.

Thanks for the answer, and glad to see you on the hot seat.......

Dolly
simply Immaculate by Darlene

The machines vary in weight from 64 pounds up to 80 pounds for the 17" Commercial breeze and up to 100 for the brute, however they can be pulled up the stairs instead of lifted.

John G

Just one clarification, please. I believe that the only contact I had with John's secretary was to say that I would no longer be a CCS customer. That was said in one post, and if the thread is still there on CCS, you can check for yourself. If that is considered "getting in to it" with her, then I am guilty as charged.

I am not the only customer she lost for CCS on that thread, and speaking of "odd" behavior, it is a bit ODD, to say the least, for a company employee to be allowed to ruin a business relationship in a public forum.

But, I'm sure John will be quick to say he doesn't care. So be it.

That issue was addressed with her, and taken care of, but I found it funny that YOU of all people got excited or offended.

Mikey P

Administrator
When I post pad on real nasty CGD I can turn a cotton pad into what looks like a Micheline tire. I'm sure you know the look.

Will the Gladiator pads attract as much soil?

My Tuway durapads sure wont..

John G

are you going to put wheels on a Conqueror to make it EASIER to run on many carpets?

..L.T.A.

Please explain, if you mean put wheels on that STAY on the carpet, we have residential and commercial machines that do that already, if you mean change the wheels on the conquerors, no we are not going to do that.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
so are you saying that ecRap juice and synthetic bonnets are better cleaning than cotton pads and Abstraction?

Guess you already addressed the very real concern of tip blooming.
Synthetic bonnets remove the tip blooming concerns??

..L.T.A.

John G

When I post pad on real nasty CGD I can turn a cotton pad into what looks like a Micheline tire. I'm sure you know the look.

yes they will, no comparison between tuways and the Gladiator pads, the synthetic blend works as a straw to pull the soil up into the cotton and hold it.

Mikey P

Administrator
You've met a lot of cleaners in your travels.

If you had to chose one to swap lives with who would it be?

That was LIVES, not WIVES btw.

Dolly

That's not to bad John......my buffer is 125, so 65 to 80 sounds manageable.

Thanks

John G

John

What carpet or fiber if you will does the op system work the best on?

As in end results.

Vincent, results are pretty much the same between poly, olefin and nylon, and for that matter on wall to wall wools, however on orientals it can be a bit slow.

Mikey P

Administrator
John G said:

yes they will, no comparison between tuways and the Gladiator pads, the synthetic blend works as a straw to pull the soil up into the cotton and hold it.

Sounds great, want to send me a few to test?

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
John

I do a great deal of commercial, in which I use the cimex and gls. I figure it costs me about 2-3 cents per sq.ft to operate.

What would be a range using op?

John G

You've met a lot of cleaners in your travels.

If you had to chose one to swap lives with who would it be?

Scared me, first time I read it I thought you said WIVES... LOL

Steve Smith has a great operation going and a great marketing machine.

He has it made.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
John G said:
are you going to put wheels on a Conqueror to make it EASIER to run on many carpets?

..L.T.A.

Please explain, if you mean put wheels on that STAY on the carpet, we have residential and commercial machines that do that already, if you mean change the wheels on the conquerors, no we are not going to do that.

Wheels that stay on the floor while cleaning, like on the Brute
(which if I understand correctly, the Brute is manufactured by Clark what's his name)
The original Conqueror is still made by you..correct??

..L.T.A.

John G

John

I do a great deal of commercial, in which I use the cimex and gls. I figure it costs me about 2-3 cents per sq.ft to operate.

What would be a range using op?

IT would run approx the same Vincent because you would use less product but would use pads, however your results from padcapping would be better than encapping alone.

John G

What are your suggestions to someone that is converting to op from hwe.

I would refer you to Chris Bunn or Coby Gibson, they have done it with 100% of thier customers. You know them from Padderland, give em a call.

Do you think it was a mistake to market OP as the 2nd coming and you can sell your TM. Rather than selling the OP tool as another great tool to have on the truck ?

John G

so are you saying that ecRap juice and synthetic bonnets are better cleaning than cotton pads and Abstraction?

Guess you already addressed the very real concern of tip blooming.
Synthetic bonnets remove the tip blooming concerns??

Actually Larry I am saying encap and cotton/synthetic pads are faster and give the customer the benefit of dual method in one process, however cotton and Abstraction cleans just as well, but takes a LOT longer to do.

Yes the new pads ended the tipblooming issue.

John G

Do you think it was a mistake to market OP as the 2nd coming and you can sell your TM. Rather than selling the OP tool as another great tool to have on the truck ?

No more so than marketing HWE as the 2nd coming and you can sell your OP rather than selling HWE as another great tool to have on the truck.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have not seen Padderland in a long time.

How many regular posters do you have there and how many posts a day does it average?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom