Intuit..my website suggestions..latest seo tricks..

Name
I'm Rick James
If you are looking into DIY website software, intuit is worth checking into. They have stepped it up in the last year or so, upgrading their software so that anyone can use it. This is the same company that bought Homestead and QuickBooks.

http://www.intuit.com/

I have redesigned my website and about 60% done or so. Would like to hear your feedback on how its looking so far and if you have any suggestions that might help it out. I still have a lot more content to add, as far as value, pricing, procedures and so on.

I have heard that there are new seo requirements or methods that google and other search engines use for searches. I heard keywords are not that big anymore and that fresh content is the big draw.

http://www.nwgogreenservices.com/index.html

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'll have to look at it later. As far as SEO....Keywords in your body of text matters. Keywords in your Meta Tags doesn't.

More later.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The design is simple and clean, probably all you need in a website. (Run spell check on text though)

Wordpress might get you the same result though, and maybe with better SEO tools.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I like the look, I think it will convert. As far as the SEO part I have no idea.
Is it possible to have the picture on the front page rotate from a couple different pictures?
Not sure if that is an option but i always like that.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think your little dude conflcts with your overall look and feel.

Trying to fit it in because it's cool.....isn't cool.

Nobody cares about "blended surfactants"

Make your phone numbers stick out more and tell people what to do with it.

Your header is way too big....because of the little dude and bubbles....wasted valuable real estate there bud.

I like the new photo

Put the words "Carpet Cleaning" somewhere on the page and make it stick out (yes I see it...but the customer won't)

"Carpet Cleaning Your City"....Whatever city you want to market to.....Make it large and bold....not too large and bold.

Your colors are ok....just ok. At least they are not obscene.

Your header boarder is cut off

Too much text above the fold.....Use photos, a little larger text for headlines.....Don't try to fit it all in.

With that said...Keep all the text.....Just lower past the fold for the people who will actually read it.

By making your header smaller....You will be able to bring your pet treatment ad up more so people see it when they fist log on.

Kids, pets, families.....Things people can relate to and are probably visiting your site because of it.

There's more I'm sure.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The way you are starting to organize it is good (where the new photo is etc) .........except for the header.

It looks like an after thought and doesn't work.

The contact us button should be by the phone number info.....and as always, your logo should be on the left upper corner and make it clickable back to the home page on every page.

When you hover over the navigation bar....the words (buttons) disappear......No good. Drop downs would be nice if you're able to do it...But at least make them words change to a different color....Or put a background so you can see them when they turn white.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Just use "Green", "Non Toxic", "Safe", "Organic"....and things like that...Don't get too technical ...again...take out "surfactant".

Filtered water is good.

But bring those bullet points down so your logo can go there....Maybe make them a little smaller and put it under your logo?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom