Invitation only?

Mikey P

Administrator
IMG950821_zps51d2985d.jpg

I hear Hagopian may use this tag line if the economy doesn't turn soon.. :icon_rolleyes:

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
I'm pretty open to things marketing-wise, but I can't imagine driving around town with that plastered on my van.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I know his aim is to look super exclusive, but as a consumer if I saw that I would automatically think he was a dousche

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I remember seeing another guy's van a few years back here on the board. Someone posted a picture and that lettering said something like referral only but it had the big phone number also....

I dont get this type of marketing. I mean do you want people to call you and give you their money or no? Which is it?

Connor

Name
Connor
Reminds me of the credit unions that are county exclusive. They say you can't be a member unless you "live, work, worship, attend school or have a family member that does those things" in that county, which pretty much sums it everybody who hears them on local radio.

hogjowl

Idiot™
PadPrick posted a picture of his van once a few years ago and it had something on it to that effect. That was back when it was all the rage for the bulletin board successes to preach that all you had to do was offer outstanding work at outrageous prices and the referrals would flow to you like magic.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
PadPrick posted a picture of his van once a few years ago and it had something on it to that effect..

yep.
Pretty sure it was what Zee mentioned

"by referral only"

stupid then and stupid now
but it might be 'bout the only way John will sell many more shake 'n shine machines after the bent handle debacle :icon_redface:

..L.T.A.

steve_64

Reminds me of the credit unions that are county exclusive. They say you can't be a member unless you "live, work, worship, attend school or have a family member that does those things" in that county, which pretty much sums it everybody who hears them on local radio.

it use to be law that to join certain credit unions these guidelines had to be met. they still advertise as usual. it was even stricter than that where your job was the qualifying measure only in many instances. i do believe the feds have lightened the burdon of membership.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It says invitation only. Yet the name "Dirt War, INC" doesn't seem very inviting.

From his webpage:

"Hi ,
I'm Mike Lommel the owner and sole operator of 1 800 DIRT WAR. You might be wondering why I work by invitation only. Let me explain, I have not offered my services to the general public since 2003. I removed my business listing from the phone book around 1995 . All of my work is either repeat or referral. I have a great client base that refers a lot of clients to me. Now you may be wondering why you received an invitation. The answer is simple. You live in Pleasant Hill and I am trying to keep most of my work here. I live in Pleasant Hill too. Or you live really close to one of my clients. I have been cleaning "

A Note: I haven't been in the phonebook for a decade now. So my company must be by invitation only too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom