Irene looks nasty

R

Robbie

Its going to be insane if all these major citys get this much rain after having the wettest august...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Should be a fair amount of rain. But, the storm is already breaking up and reducing wind speed significantly.

The cat 3 -4 hitting NewYork is now predicted to be a tropical storm.

The biggest wind may come from the newscasters looking for a calamity and politicians looking for a distraction.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
BLewis said:
The biggest fallout will be when our insurance rates will take another hit

If you are mad at those greedy insurance companies. We can always get more fairness by putting the Government in charge.

ascrubabove

She made landfall 45 min north of me at about 8:00 this morning. Wind snapped the top out of the tree next door and missed my house by 15 feet! Power went out about 15 min ago but came right back on. Ho Lotta Rain!

Al

she's coming in now, going to hit hard between 6-12, power is out just a few miles from here 50.000 without power so far. Its going to hit at high tide and ocean will be 10 feet over normal. Gusts to 90 mph,
I picked up a couple more generators on craigs list, bought a new chain saw, got a supply of gas.
Were in a tornado watch now too.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Al said:
she's coming in now, going to hit hard between 6-12, power is out just a few miles from here 50.000 without power so far. Its going to hit at high tide and ocean will be 10 feet over normal. Gusts to 90 mph,
I picked up a couple more generators on craigs list, bought a new chain saw, got a supply of gas.
Were in a tornado watch now too.

That's the one thing I'm worried about the huge storms that came through my way are headed up there. I wonder what two big shots of cross winds will do... winds from these storms and from the hurricane colliding may strengthen the storm.

Stay safe everyone!

Al

I'm at shop now 8) It's startin to get bad :shock:
Roads are being closed due to flooding and downed tree's

150, 000 without power now :cry: !gotcha!

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Here in south jersey next to Phila. Has alot of water but from what I have seen and heard not to bad on tree damage reported yet. Power still on here. most stores and starbuck closed.
See how the day goes.

Al

Al I am heading out shortly if there is anything you need let me know.

Well I need to meet you! shiteatinggrin
How close are you going to be?

My house power is out and road blocked from 3 directions, still 2 ways home, i think?, were all at the shop, enjoying some power, i was posting at home when a transformer fell down the road, the noise was crazy the crash of the pole then some weird power noise.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Glad to hear you and your family are safe.

Initially I will be headed straight for virginia beach. Then I will go where needed. I am only taking 200 pieces of equipment with me and will readdress equipment needs upon arrival and possibly send for another truckload ( the rest of my equipment which is only 70 air movers, 5 air scrubbers and 12 xl Dehus. I am very excited to get up there and work.

R

Robbie

al hopefully you get your power back at your house soon...how much rain did you guys end up with?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Compared to the expectations, I'm calling it a dud as far as NYC goes. Not surprised. Some coastal erosion and flooding, most parkways closed, but not the mass destruction the major networks were "hoping" for. I was up most of the night watching the doppler. Going over the Carolinas knocked the organization right out of the center of the storm and the eye was never able to reorganize. What was left was only the top half of the storm, with little precipitation on the backside. I can see how it could have been a doosie if it did not break up.

There is a radar loop on this page that shows it clearly.
http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tr ... radar.html

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It's now going to be used to help springboard Obama's falling ratings and election.

He deserves it, after giving up one day of vacation.

(He couldn't quit his other vacation for the midwest floods.)

Hell, he even had his sleves rolled up and collar undone for the publicity photo of the new floods.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
As it turns out storm was not as big of deal as was made to believe. We are currently in Virginia considering cutting our losses and heading back.

Two very large companies from my area have already headed back to Texas. I saw 4 dalworth semi trailers on 81 heading back towards Knoxville, so I presume they are heading back as well.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I have been in constant contact with both al (als absolute best) and Ed prevost (integrity sm) and both have said that they have a lot of potential work but no power for miles. Ed especially is in a bad situation as his town is surrounded by rising river water and the town is blocked from entering or exiting from all sides.

Will be calling Ed shortly to see if he needs any help before I turn around and go home.

Rolled the dice and came up short, at least the damage( for most of the people) was minimal and not too many people got hurt and that is always a good thing.

Looks like I will be in Vegas as scheduled.

Al

we wont have power for a week or so, still trees and wires in the roads. Some people cant even call for assistance yet, cell phones are horrible. We haven't had a lot of calls yet. Hard to get money from atms and gas, were actualy needing the gas we bought in i have 3 more generators i can buy in the morning. My house is lit up like a Xmas tree :mrgreen:

We got a call on the shoreline, come to find out from a neighbor that we were working for the CEO of a large insurance company that we have all heard of 8)

All the neighbors are using us, high end beach homes with flood insurance! Some homes lost the whole ocean side! I will have some very extreme pics, typin in the truck, just getting back to town, ill post when i can 8)

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Lost power at home from noon sunday till this afternoon. Lots of trees down and power outages. If we had gotten a cat 1 or 2 Hurricane we'd be without power for a month.
I had a couple of small water damage jobs but it looks like western Mass and Vermont, got he hammered with water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom