Is anyone doing custom note cards?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Is anyone doing a custom note card?

Bob Burg in his book “Endless Referrals” suggests using something like this. I think I want to do some of them for all the people in our company that come in direct contact with centers of influence.

They look more professional and make it easy for a fast thank you note. Just drop it in a pre stamped #10 envelope and drop in the mail.

He suggests they be hand stamped and hand written and used for everything as much as possible. If you meet with a facilities manager, if you meet prospects at a mixer, just about anything.

I know nobody has the time for this but he also suggested you could pre-write 25-or so and have them ready for fast drop off in the mail box.

"Thank You. It was a pleasure meeting you. If I can ever refer business your way, I certainly will.
Then sign your name.

What do you think? Good idea or too over the top?

NoteCard_zps3e1c2e03.jpg

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Is the guy 75 years old lol. I still have some of mine- I'll send you a note Richard.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
He might be? I don't know, I wondered how old the info was.

An old idea maybe but he acknowledges the fact that email (must be a newer edition if he speaks of email?) would be easier but he also justifys the use in that everyone uses email, you separate yourself by being more personal.

So Ken do always discriminate by age? :p
LOL

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Lol- i admit to having them so i must have seen some value at some point. It is on the way!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Not a fan of the pre-planned message, think if you want to create personal service then you should be .... personal.

Maybe you can have your marketer do it or proofread for the techs who can't. My handwriting is so atrocious pretty much had to stop writing notes, it is really really bad.

Reactions: Ken Snow

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Is anyone doing a custom note card?

Bob Burg in his book “Endless Referrals” suggests using something like this. I think I want to do some of them for all the people in our company that come in direct contact with centers of influence.

They look more professional and make it easy for a fast thank you note. Just drop it in a pre stamped #10 envelope and drop in the mail.

He suggests they be hand stamped and hand written and used for everything as much as possible. If you meet with a facilities manager, if you meet prospects at a mixer, just about anything.

I know nobody has the time for this but he also suggested you could pre-write 25-or so and have them ready for fast drop off in the mail box.

"Thank You. It was a pleasure meeting you. If I can ever refer business your way, I certainly will.
Then sign your name.

What do you think? Good idea or too over the top?

NoteCard_zps3e1c2e03.jpg

I read Bobs book a bout 4 years ago and started using the note cards. We got bright yellow #10 envelopes.

I love it when I get a personal message from someone. I keep a file in my office where I drop them. Nice to read on a day when you think of quiting.

I had a chance to meet him at our corporate center last year. Great guy and awesome speaker.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
It may be an old idea, but is doing business the old fashioned way a bad idea? I don't think so. I think there are enough people that would welcome this in a world of emails and text messages.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Do you leave note pads too? BTW: All marketing works on old fashioned ideas. Just that the medium change. It's building relationships.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I think with how much technology has evolved we often rely on a device, application, or software to do what we can already do with our own hands. Social media and the like has actually made society somewhat socially retarded in a sense. Look at a group full of teenagers, they could all be in the same room but texting each other where before they were forced to interact differently. I like the idea, and as phillip said its 'old fashioned' but I think we need to remember that its still a good way of doing business.

Let us know how it goes!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My daughter will be sitting in the same room skyping each other and texting.

Of course, my wife walked in the room and I was reading a book, posting on my phone while watching "the outsiders" movie. She asked "what are you doing?" I told her I was feeding my "A.D.D.". :biggrin:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Old school should not always be dropped for the newest medium. An old school physical object, can get more visibility than one that is buried or competing with your competition on your prospects hard drive. You can often judge marketing's effectiveness by breaking it down to it's simplest from by relating it to meeting friends/ or making friends in your personal life. For instance: Is it better to randomly knock on doors of strangers to meet friends or is it better/ easier to be introduced through a mutual friend, to build a relationship?

Back
Top Bottom