Is anyone using a NeatDesk Scanner?

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
What are your thoughts?

Do you save your documents on a "cloud" or just to your PC?

If to the cloud...are you able to access from any computer?

Need to do something to cut down on the paperwork floating around the office. Especially the commercial floor plans we draw up or get from client and customer files. Would love to have them all electronic instead of a file folder for each client with their profile info and floor plans.

I know some people create files (Google docs, Drop box etc) for the restoration side of things so they can share documents, pics etc with the insured and adjuster. That's great for documents created on a computer and digital photos, but we have paper stuff I'd like to get rid of, but still need to have access to.

Any insight on the Neat Desk would be great!

TIA

Meg

FredC

Village Idiot
I use my phone (or tablet) /camscanner (or similar app)/cloud

no experience with neat desk...just giving other options....though probably not the best option if you have a tone of old stuff to archive (won't do anywhere near 24ppm)

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Thanks, Fred.

Then once you scan how do you organize? I hate taking photos with a phone, going into the photo app on my phone, figuring out where I want to send it to save it. And quality is not always good. Blah.... I want to load that shit in a machine, have it scan and then click where I want it to go.

I want a scanner that "reads" info and then I can search for it in some sort of software (either by date, vendor if I need to look up a receipt, customer). Not sure how I would accomplish that without some sort of scanner and software.

FredC

Village Idiot
Sounds like you found the right device for you if it works as advertised.

as far as organization, the simple answer is, I don't. I use tags and search. Office Lens has more organization options and can recognize text but I don't use it. Not sure how good the text recognition./searching is though.

I will say that plenty, if not most, other document scanners have the ability to create searchable PDFs so the neat desk isn't your only option.

Reactions: PrimaDonna

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
No one source but several. Amex app is connected to quickbooks for receipts with our phones, Payroll is all in cloud, CRM cloud, some stuff we keep hard copy.

Not sure you will ever find 1 tool for every function.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Goggle Drive holds a ton of files or documents. If you more storage space its available very cheap per month. Access from anywhere, share the address with those folders you want shared.

Name
Barrett Wiley
Meg,

Here is a great scanner Fujitsu ix500 SnapScan. http://www.amazon.com/Fujitsu-ScanSnap-iX500-Scanner-PA03656-B005/dp/B00ATZ9QMO

Have/had the neat desk. It is a waste of time IMO.

The Fujitsu can scan to google docs, local PC, server and a few other apps that you may have. Neat desk use proprietary software only then you will have to manipulate it.

In the file, have the crew leads and sales people use CamScanner or a similar app to make pdf copies of the files.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Meg,

Here is a great scanner Fujitsu ix500 SnapScan. http://www.amazon.com/Fujitsu-ScanSnap-iX500-Scanner-PA03656-B005/dp/B00ATZ9QMO

Have/had the neat desk. It is a waste of time IMO.

The Fujitsu can scan to google docs, local PC, server and a few other apps that you may have. Neat desk use proprietary software only then you will have to manipulate it.

In the file, have the crew leads and sales people use CamScanner or a similar app to make pdf copies of the files.

I had already ordered that one after reading a few reviews and doing comparisons between it and the Neat Desk.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What I don't like about drop box is the other person must have a drop box account also. Other than that I like it.

With Goggle drive the other person doesn't need to load some software.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Steve M

Yes you can scan a document or upload a picture into a SM account/ job. It is a little cumbersome. However it is not searchable as far as i know
The other thing is you don't know it's there unless you look for it. So you have to go do account>then the job(pick correct one)>then click on images tab> to see if there is anything there>

I am waiting on this new mobile release, a month or 2?, I hoping we can capture signatures on site.

Meg, let us know how it goes, I would love to archive a lot of old signed invoices, info.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm an Evernote hack. It doesn't read documents (that I know of) but it's a great place to store pics of them with random notes, etc.

When going in for a commercial estimate, I'll take lots of pics and notes with my phone. I try not to waste the clients time. I go home later and clean it up. It's cloud based so I usually use my iPad to clean it up and prepare the estimate to be emailed.

I imagine you could create an Evernote folder for every commercial account. Keep floor plans, notes, pics....everything that won't go into Service Monster. You would then have instant access to all of it, just using your phone.

It's amazing how much info I can get to on my phone, between SM and Evernote.

Reactions: PrimaDonna

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom