Is anyone using the Sapphire Scientific Pro1200 Direct Drive?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Thats what I was thinking some restriction somewhere not letting
that baby sing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Are parts available for WM Pro 1200 owners to retrofit? My heat always sucked at best and I was planning on ripping the Vulcan heat off the unit and running 4 inch in and out and then adding a Johns Hot Heat Exchanger to the van and getting heat from the van motor since its working anyways.

PCCN

Not weird at all. I had 2 Butlers previously and there is so much wasted space over the machine behind the seats. And we won't even talk about how they set the 2 tanks. Very dependable machine and great service from their staff, but they are "almost" as behind the times in design as the Bane folks.

PCCN

Looking at the 1200 vs. Cleanco. Cleanco is more compact but the 1200 looks a bit stronger. Hmmmmmmmm Flip a coin?:hopeless:

Steve CGD guy

Supportive Member
I was thinking about putting one of these in a W4500 box truck. This talk of blower restriction has me re-thinking that. I would be replacing a hydramaster cds with salsa which also has the blower choked down for added heat. I saw a refurb and install on a white magic 1200 on the new england truckmount web site that was going into an Isuzu box truck ,so I called Sapphire Scientific to see if it could be done with their 1200 and the guy said to get him the drive shaft measurement and they could make one up.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Well if your ever serious about following thru private message me. I have the entire front end kit for isuzu npr.

I was thinking about putting one of these in a W4500 box truck. This talk of blower restriction has me re-thinking that. I would be replacing a hydramaster cds with salsa which also has the blower choked down for added heat. I saw a refurb and install on a white magic 1200 on the new england truckmount web site that was going into an Isuzu box truck ,so I called Sapphire Scientific to see if it could be done with their 1200 and the guy said to get him the drive shaft measurement and they could make one up.

Name
Hank Unck
more great info on this machine HERE

Thanks, Mike. I was searching for that the other day as a reference for this thread, because it covers many of the improvements Sapphire made to the already solid WM design.

Btw, I noticed that when I posted that interview, I created the headline and part of it states "Advanced Technology in a Time-Proven Slide-In Design." That's an OOPS! It should state, "Time-Proven Direct Drive Design." Never noticed that 'til now.

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Our 2008 pro 1200 HV version hasn't had one down day yet. Knock on wood but were still on the original belts also.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Honestly I know I am weird.... but the only reason I haven't bought a butler is because I hate the way they look LOL. They look so lame that even if they were powerful they sure don't make them designed to impress anyone. (my opinion only). The AT is designed to really be impressive looking. The Pro1200 looks very clean and professional as well.
sometimes the lamest looking machines are the easiest ones to maintain and last the longest. Its all that extra stuff that ends up causing the headaches

Steve CGD guy

Supportive Member
Well if your ever serious about following thru private message me. I have the entire front end kit for isuzu npr.

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that. How was the vacuum power on your 1200? Was it comparable to any other machines you have run?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like the look of the Butler too. With high heat it's an incredible machine, you need gloves to switch tools.

The only thing I don't like is the hose reels, I'd like to see them bigger and beefier.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yeah that would be my only bitch about a butler is the hose storage. I think they're 200 ft now where I carry 250 on mine and would like 350 which I think hydramaster offers.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Surely Butler can improve on the space design. With a little more attention to using the available space.

I would have considered buying one (and will in the future) had they offered more storage space. I am sure that I am not the only one feeling that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott Rogers

West

Name
Clint
I saw and got to use the new SS Pro-1200 machine, seemed to work as well as the WM machine. Only two things that jumped out at me where: 1. is was much quieter 2. SS gave no thought to the layout and options for the "complete van package" beyond the machine (shelving, blower racks, filter boxes, etc.....) like WM did.

I have 2 WM Pro 1200HV's and 1 WM Pro 1200, they are great machines. I have even got rid a vortex and a Butler for them. I have used WM for almost 15 yearsThey are so simple to operate and rarely have any down time. I just found another used 06 to use as a back up van I will be buying as well.

Finding parts are not an issue at all with WM being out of business, they are all so basic

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
99 Isuzu NPR. I don't follow manufactures. Mine had plenty of vacuum for single wand but the Vulcan heat sucked. Once I transplant the machine into a new box truck I will fix the vacuum bottle neck and put the Vulcan heat right in the garbage where it belongs. I will ad a post heat off the new box truck exhaust and feed it back in.

How would you compare the 1200 to the Butler? Is the 1200 more powerful with the blower being larger or is it under-spun? What size motor and which box truck did you have the 1200 in? Thanks in advance for your response.

Reactions: Steve CGD guy

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
lets bump this thread! I just bought a brand new 2013 Pro1200 and Chevy 1 ton van so I will be able to provide updated info but does anyone else have feedback?

EDS

Name
Ed
Your close to me ( I'm I. Vancouver Canada) how much did it cost you total?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
33k for Van and about 30 k for machine and extras.

Chevy 1 ton ext with chrome package and 6.0 engine- 31,500 plus tax

Pro1200 plus water pond, shelving, wands, stair tool, upholstery tool, etc

30k + tax

Van is getting a full wrap today and machine being installed Friday . Should be on the road Monday!

Pictures coming ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom