Is "Fax" even needed anymore?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
With email being such a huge way of communicating, why would we need fax anymore?

I've been with EFax as long as I can remember. Some organizations would only accept faxes and not emails etc. So it was a necessity.

What about now?

EFax seems to think it's pretty important and is really hitting the technology thing hard...Or at least it looks like it. It could just be a sad attempt at sales on a dinasour format.

I wonder how Harper feels about faxing? :mrgreen:

Here is what they just sent me.

You make the call.

http://www.youtube.com/user/eFaX#p/a/u/1/7yh9KSOC_yQ

gavin

I get a request for a fax maybe once a year. so why take the space on my desk to have a machine. I'll drop by kinkos once a year and save my desk space.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
With email being such a huge way of communicating, why would we need fax anymore?

I've been with EFax as long as I can remember. Some organizations would only accept faxes and not emails etc. So it was a necessity.

What about now?

EFax seems to think it's pretty important and is really hitting the technology thing hard...Or at least it looks like it. It could just be a sad attempt at sales on a dinasour format.

I wonder how Harper feels about faxing? :mrgreen:

Here is what they just sent me.

You make the call.

http://www.youtube.com/user/eFaX#p/a/u/1/7yh9KSOC_yQ

wHAT IS A fax..... :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

"I am still using these."..... :shock:

pigeon_camera2.jpg

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Many small business people have no scanner so if they have a paper item needing to get to another party they must mail or fax. Many have not developed electronic estimate forms either.

It still amazes me but very often I have someone tell me they can't email something. I then immediately think they are a neanderthal :-) A halfway decent all in one machine can be purchased for $200.00 and making an electronic estimate form wouldd solve things anyway.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ken Snow said:
Many small business people have no scanner so if they have a paper item needing to get to another party they must mail or fax. Many have not developed electronic estimate forms either.

It still amazes me but very often I have someone tell me they can't email something. I then immediately think they are a neanderthal :-) A halfway decent all in one machine can be purchased for $200.00 and making an electronic estimate form wouldd solve things anyway.

"pIgOeN hAtEr".... :mrgreen:

F

Flashcat

We purchased a high speed laser printer - the fax was a bonus feature & but we still have faxed work orders coming in

Name
Lee Stockwell
We dropped our dedicated fax number last summer. However an all in one printer-scanner-fax is less than $100 so no big deal.

Haven't sent or received a fax in over six months.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I had to fax some docs to a govt agency and my cpa....So I guess it's still an "every once in a while" thing.

I probably could have just emailed my CPA...but it's pretty much the same thing with how I fax with efax.

I just scan it or save whatever to a file etc.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
I use a fax if I want immediate action, because something can sit in an in-box forever. So if I want a payment from insurance adjusters or restoration companies who are subcontracting to us, or I want to send a friendly reminder, I always get faster action from a fax these days than anything else.

I also have an efax, which for all of the companies Jim and I chose for our training program - about 75% of the applications were faxed in - so it's still used. It's just another communication tool in the toolbox.

Lisa

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Although I never send one anymore (almost never) we do have 5 just in our Oak Park facility and every other location has at least 1. Total 11 for all our showrooms and rug care drop off centers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom