Is it gonna screw up my wrap?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If I get this aluminum brightener on the wrap? I’m wanting to treat the top of the box on the sides but I’m hesitant. I got the bottom sides and I taped up the front of the box to get the upper part. I’m in no mood to tape the sides

7A273E3E-3F99-4F9D-A4E0-D2B7AAF69FE2.jpeg 6715AF03-A199-4AC1-A04F-B8B45A77645F.jpeg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I think you might want to see what sort of acid it uses. If I had your motivation or the time, I’d use a rag dampened with it rather than spraying it willy-nilly all over that expensive wrap.
I did the rag method on it. I'm just worried if it starts running down the side, that it might make ugly lines. I tested a spot and it didn't do anything, but I'm just worried it might show up later

Reactions: Old Coastie

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
An alternative is to use oxalic acid slurry. Mix Barkeeper’s Friend with cornstarch to make a paste, wipe it on carefully and rinse it off in a few minutes.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Many years ago I had an older truck repainted and re-lettered. The metal looked dull and oxidized. I had and employee tell me it was easy and wouldn't damage the paint. I saw faint streaks on that truck for years. Maybe METAL ALL? It's a cotton webbing but even then I'd be concerned when it rains. ???

Last edited:
Name
Evets
Hey Matt, how big is the box? Ours is 14 ft. with a liftgate , and with all the equipment and accessories we carry it couldn't be any less. I can't imagine working out of a van these days.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Hey Matt, how big is the box? Ours is 14 ft. with a liftgate , and with all the equipment and accessories we carry it couldn't be any less. I can't imagine working out of a van these days.
It’s a 8x10 box. You’re right, I don’t know if I could go back to anything smaller

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom