Is it possible for SFS to RUIN a business?

F

FB7777

I bet Danny will blame SFS when he goes belly up for filling his empty head full of mush

The Preacher

most of the BDCC's close their gift store after day 1 with Chuck!!!

I for one know it takes a ton of time to get things turned around when i've been flying by the seat of my pants for years. I take and make each call with a different perspective since going.

it is info over load, thats what the things to do list is for. if Steve said it once he said it a hundred times, "you might want to put this on your things to do list", that and he told us about his OCD!!!

PS Yeadon just played air guitar all day to his Ipod while the computer scrolled through his power point!!!

Dan Joner

It's not about "raising ones prices and going after the high end clients." It's about changing the way you look at your business and your clients and the changes you implement over time that reflect a newly-gained perspective that will eventually lead to higher prices and higher end clients. It's about understanding what you need to do differently and how to go about doing it.

I just finished SFS in Portland with a much clearer focus on what I need to do. If I discipline myself to examine my business and implement the changes that most apply to me, I have no doubt that it will make a huge difference for us. It's not that I learned so much new stuff, it's that I gained a more clearly defined view of what piece of the puzzle goes where and how to get it there. Not only that, but the pieces are turned right side up and....the box with the picture is set up in front of me.

One of the things SFS/Jon-Don does it that they don't just preach Value Added Service, they practice it. I have never been to an industry event where is was treated with such special care.

To answer your question, no, I don't see that as a likely outcome.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I doubt Steve could get through an hour let alone a day of teaching with Marty's blank stare looking back at him in class without losing his train of thought.

ps, In short it would be disaster for the whole class.

hogjowl

Idiot™
danny calls me ... I don't answer ... he leaves me a message asking me to call him back IF I know anything about this tool he's whining about. I don't ... so I don't call him.

Now he's whining cuz I ain't called him?

John Watson

His Teenis, (One of these days I hope my shakes don't get to bad that I hit the P instead of the T key )

You could really benefit from a class like SFS, I bet Up-Chuck could explain to even someone of your mentality how to make enough to put ground sirloin or Prime Rib on your mac n cheeze if you wanted it.. Is it true you only use Limberger cheese on your mac?????

Ol Tall Billy could probably teach you things bout your Nordic 1, He worked at Bane for many years, Probably teach you a thing or two bout marketing too. But if all else failed you both could talk and just listen to the music....

Now, I personally think Steve would have a hayday with you. You might be good at playing Hockey, But, I would be willing to bet that Ol Steve could make you shake the cheerleader pom poms pretty good or you would win first prize in the national pocket pool contest.

While I was at SFS, I saw no one being forced to buy a truck mount, In fact, just the oppisite was happening. Ol Pappa Nick was giving things away. (there was even talk of a Miniture TM that possibly would be given away)

They really practice what they preach,

But Me, I am so glad that you weren't there. I got to listen to the instructors, I got to hear students asking intelligent questions , (Even young Anthony) I didn't have to listen to your ballen n bellyaching all day about it can't be done in Bellyham

Dan Joner

John, John, John, don't you remember that when we all signed up to attend SFS that we were actually signing up to buy a new TMs and all our chemicals from Jon-Don.... forever.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
truck mounts

Dan Joner said:
John, John, John, don't you remember that when we all signed up to attend SFS that we were actually signing up to buy a new TMs and all our chemicals from Jon-Don.... forever.

Repeat after me: you're getting sleepy, very sleepy....

oh wait that was Tuesday afternoon when it was getting hot in the classroom.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And now lets head out into the showroom after class so we can show you all the TM's and chemicals you will need.

Get your credit card out now!

Finance by cashing out your 401 K or get an equity loan!

Dan Joner

Jimmy, thanks for waking me up. That Yeadon guy sure had the wool pulled over my eyes. WOW, and all this time I thought he was being nice because he was on of the good guys.

Thanks for being there, man.

Mikey P

Administrator
I got a free pass.

and they know I wont be buying a thing from them.

If I got to take a week off to fly to BFE, suffer through their meaty free lunches (I'll be lucky to find a can of three bean salad back east) I better come home with some seriously good information.

Stuff I cant get here.

Or I'm gonna be pissed.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Actually, Mike, one of the questions you'll be asked as part of the pre-SFS interview process is do you have any dietary preferences. We've had a lot of vegetarians attend. Don't know about VEGANS! (This may test Nick Paolella's culinary skills! But my guess is you won't suffer in the food department)

Steve

PS We have discovered that putting on a five day intense management course is a lot different logistically from a one or two day technical seminar. People can endure a lot if they know it will be for a short time. But five days means our students need to be pampered ... and we've developed a team that goes out on every SFS seminar that does just that. No worries ...

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
How does one go about getting a FREE PASS :shock:

You're going on about TRAVEL costs?

What about us guys from downunder?

The West coast is possibly the best side for us to come, was it good enough that it'll be repeated in the future?

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom