Is it really January? Business is hopping!

Becker

Name
Becker
I came back to work after the holiday break on Jan 3rd, and since then I have a daily job avg of 3.35 per day ( weekdays )

By the end of the week I will have beat gross sales of all of Jan 2011.. with 7 more work days to go. Jan 2011 was IMO normal or avg from past years.

Got 13 on the books for next week already.. and the rest of this week 7 to do.

I really hope this is not the storm before the calm.

100% residential..

Anyone else seeing an increase in sales?

Are we turning the corner in the economy?

Or just a fluke?

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I have two jobs a day scheduled for the next week and a half.

But I ran a living social ad to create that.

But it is still a real good January.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Weird here... The temps have been mild, but I've been slow with my residential. Without my commercial jobs it would be rough here. I have made at least $3.35 a day though. !gotcha! I dropped 8,000 flyers last month and.............. NOTHING! :shock: If I match January of last year I would be happy at this point.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I've been nice and busy and the weather has been extremely mild like spring. I'm still waiting for the winter slowdown so I can sleep in and drink beer and eat cheese curls all day.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
The first two weeks were brisk for this time of year. This week has been normally slow. Got snow coming tomorrow.

Becker

Name
Becker
Doug Cox said:
The first two weeks were brisk for this time of year. This week has been normally slow. Got snow coming tomorrow.

Ummm, we are only in the 2nd week, at least here in the NW.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I think it is the weather we are having up here. I have been crazy busy. I have 12 on the books for next week and a couple of commercial bids to get done too. I hope this is a good indicator of how the year is going to be.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Been booked up two weeks out since nov. Not sure whats going on. But not slow this winter

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Becker said:
I came back to work after the holiday break on Jan 3rd, and since then I have a daily job avg of 3.35 per day ( weekdays )

By the end of the week I will have beat gross sales of all of Jan 2011.. with 7 more work days to go. Jan 2011 was IMO normal or avg from past years.

Got 13 on the books for next week already.. and the rest of this week 7 to do.

I really hope this is not the storm before the calm.

100% residential..

Anyone else seeing an increase in sales?

Are we turning the corner in the economy?

Or just a fluke?
Our January is up 62% over last january so far IN aTLANTA. UP 1% IN tAMPA

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Nucking futz. I went to work at 6 AM on the 26th and haven't stopped to fart or wind my watch since.

wait for it
wait for it
wait for it
wait for it
wait for it

The words that strike terror in the hearts of most carpet cleaners --

FEBRUARY AND MARCH

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
been busy...

but then again a lot of it is commercial stuff that has just hit at the right time...Quarterly, monthly, semi, etc....

a few houses but mostly commercial...

taking the time to go through old records from the biz I bought out, and making an effort to contact them...

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Magic One said:
slow her but picking up. If it snow this week business will be down.

Same on this side of town, Jimmy. Doing a few rentals, but residential custys like to wait till the snow stops.

We sposed to get 3-4 overnite, with 40 mph winds tomorrow.

Good Old NE Ohio.

The weather has been great up til tonight.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
residential is dead, however rentals and commercial is hopping. Belive it or not I have grown to like winter because I get alot of vct jobs.

Name
Scott
Good January for us. The weather has been pretty warm so carpet cleaning are coming in still. Since Jan 1 we had a fire damage resulting in 3 smoke damages, 1 mold job and 7 water damages. The restoration jobs save us every winter. Thank God for people that move into apartments, place boxes on stoves accidentally turning them on and then leave.

PCCN

Have to agree with most guys. Mid to end of December is usually slowing down for us, but this year December was the busiest month we EVER had. Totally surprised. January is about 30% busier than in years past. I'm not complaining- it's almost time to write Uncle Sam his check and this extra work will help.

We haven't had the brutal cold and ice as was the case of the last 2 years, so that may be of some help.

Bob Foster

Based on how good the last year was I'm surprised how dead its been so far this month. I'm not too concerned because at least I do have some jobs.

To top it off we are supposed to get snow here this week which, because we get so little of it here, will basically write the week off. thathurts

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Bob Foster said:
Based on how good the last year was I'm surprised how dead its been so far this month. I'm not too concerned because at least I do have some jobs.

To top it off we are supposed to get snow here this week which, because we get so little of it here, will basically write the week off. thathurts

These are the times that try men's souls.

Becker

Name
Becker
No calls over the weekend, I then came home from out of town sunday night and understand why... 7" of the white stuff.
Got another 1.5 inches last night.
No calls today as 3-6 are might be coming tonight, and 6 plus possible more with the storm coming in Tuesday afternoon into WED.

So by WED night my area could see a good deal of snow.

Ok, now growing up in a colder climate the white stuff never slowed me down, and I made it to my 4 jobs today with out issue.

But for the typical Puget sound resident 2 inches of snow might as well be a foot.

Stopped at the store after the gym and I kid you not, half the milk and bread shelves were bare.

Got a stead work week ahead, but I'm sure the phone won't be ringing much this week.

Warm air coming Thursday.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No snow but windy cold, 8-degree wind chill and overcast skies will slow down residential calls for us. However it's supposed to climb up to 66-Sunday so if we really to go back up in temps it will help carpet cleaning calls.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom