Is it worth it?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Richard, How long did u get your box? I priced one of these last fall for around 35 but wasn't ready. I want a garage door in the side. Also, what height 72/78

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Daniel, I'm by far not your biggest fan - but go for the Sprinter, you'll thank me later - if you buy one that's not been beat up and abused.

1 - You can easily get a gently used 07-08 model year 170 2500 for 28-30k, gently used 07-08 year 170 3500 for 31-34k. One with 70-80k on it, if maintained, is like buying a domestic with 15-20k on it, and the big depreciation hit was taken by the former owner, not you.

Heck, you can get the 158" 05-06 with 100-120k miles for $20-25k, and they still have loads of room.

Don't let mileage scare you, I sold the body of a wrecked one to a guy who towed it away with an 03 sprinter with 580,000 miles on it.

2 - What you will save in gas makes the payment.

3 - With the tax incentives to make large purchases you can currently enjoy - it's a no brainer.

You wouldn't believe the amount of gear we get in our 170"ers, 30 am's, 2 dehus, on top of all the ccing gear, and the vans don't flinch at the weight. FULLY loaded you are not going to be starring in fast and the furious 27, but they are not struggling by ANY means.

Yes, the Nissan is new, and some people like the look (I personally am not fond of them) but research the MPG, and do the math, might as well get a box van.

As far as ugly, the newer sprinters are our most complimented vans we have ever had in our fleet - almost every custy comments on them.

Are you looking for a whole new rig, or just van with plans to transfer gear?

Bob Foster

I don't mind the 08 up sprinters. A dually 170 would be the way to go.

If you look around you can get a box van cheap and set it up the way you want. Buy a 12" if you can. 10's are a bit small but will work very well if set up properly. WATCH out what GVW you are buying as some of the smaller box vans had crappy GVWs.

Richard, I like the look of the one you ordered. I'm curious what you will think of the ride. Is this going to be a CC or Flood truck?

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Doc Holliday said:
I agree I'd buy the unit over a rental. The rental has limited potential for return, where the cleaning unit is only limited by the work load you have for it.

chevy_spartancargo_large.jpg

You can always go box truck, I ordered one similar to this last month, but with swingout side doors. Although it won't be built until fall when the 2012's come out.

It would give you the space you would want for your tools and fresh water, plus have room for pickup of rugs or drying equipment for WDR work.

I just bought another one of those last week. I have 2 of them now. I really love those trucks.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Billy I bought a 14-footer, that's the longest they make. You can design what ever you like with them.

http://www.supremecorp.com/supreme.php? ... &product=7

Bob racked and setup mainly for water but we still clean carpet too so it has to be able to do both.

Jeremy, they sure look like they will work out well. Very similar to out Butler in a box, except we will use a slide in for the unit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom