Is It Wrong?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
To just run a emulsifier and skip pre-spraying. I have always pre-sprayed. I wonder how much more money I would make per hour if I could skip the Pre-Spray part. What would my Daddy say? Would he talk down to me like his does to ken Snow? Is there somebody in the Top twenty Five that does not pre-spray? Again is it wrong?

Golden Boy
BD Pre-Vaccer

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Lightly soiled carpet you can do it.

Why add a prespray when you don't need it?

Most of the higher quality emulsifiers when used as directed will not leave much if any residue.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Go to http://www.northlandakitas.com/delta/gallery.htm and look at the 4 carpet cleaning pictures on the bottom row. All of these were cleaning without any prespray. I used a Powermatic and ran Steam Way Formula A through the machine. These were taken about 30 years ago. Actually, the last one in the lower right hand corner had just been cleaned with a portable steam machine before I cleaned it. No prevacuuming either.

I always use a traffic lane cleaner these days, whether it needs it or not.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I consider Waldo a Hack just for thinking about it. What a loser! Next he'll stop vacuuming and just do it with his wand.

harryhides

Name
Tony
And this is the Dude that thinks he can pick the top 25 Cleaners in the world ???

:mrgreen:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Carl, the guy I bought my Big Red from, cleaned for years One Step with ChemSpec Formula 90 and a CMX 20.
He believed if you remove as much of the moisture as possible there isn't much residue left on the carpet. Plus the old solutions were designed to crystalize and be vacuumed up. Ever have a custy ask if they need to vacuum after it dries?? Old school.
I believe if you clean and rinse with the same solution, you WILL leave a residue, so unless its an encap product, it will cause resoiling.

2 Step cleaning is the NEW school, takes more time but is much more efficient in doing what it was designed to do... clean the carpet. Do you want to clean or save time?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Fellas I would never do this. I got three e-mails from competitors stating there are a few guys in the Top 25 doing this kind of process. Now I need to know if I should ban them. Doug Cox you are some thin ice. I hear you have been doing some real naughty things when it comes to trying to clean wall to wall carpet.

Golden Boy

Mr.V

it's really a matter of your conscience

you can by all means do it and it'll look GREAT

but personally wouldn't feel good about it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I KNOW there's gotta be some residue left behind when you're really not rinsing

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
monsterclean said:
It is only as wrong as running your shampoo through your shower head is.

you've obviously never seen the little greaser, have you?

hey Wal-DOH, Rock Bones says you couldn't catch a COLD, let alone that Walleye you stole out of someone's cooler

..L.T.A.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Loren Egland said:
Go to http://www.northlandakitas.com/delta/gallery.htm and look at the 4 carpet cleaning pictures on the bottom row. All of these were cleaning without any prespray. I used a Powermatic and ran Steam Way Formula A through the machine. These were taken about 30 years ago. Actually, the last one in the lower right hand corner had just been cleaned with a portable steam machine before I cleaned it. No prevacuuming either.

I always use a traffic lane cleaner these days, whether it needs it or not.

Wasn't that in the "Glory Days" of steam cleaning when everybody was still shampooing and the carpets were so loaded with soap all you had to do was rinse? I remember some old-schoolers telling me about that.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I'm a diehard proponent of prespray and clear rinse.

However...... if you have commercial accounts that are supposed to be scheduled monthly the carpets may not resoil sufficiently enough in a month for them to feel it NEEDS to be cleaned on schedule.

Therefore....(guess what?) I'm not saying anything more about it.

Thanks,
Lee

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
You want to ban people from the top 25 if they don't pre-spray?

What about using a floor tool to do steps.

Can you spell HACK.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have a swivel head stair tool, and a GH wand. I use the GH wand to do the steps if it will fit. I clean the tops of the steps top to bottom, flip the wand, and clean the backs of the steps bottom to top, and then I dry pass the nose of the steps on my way back down. Works better than my stair tool. I only use the stair tool anymore if the wand is too big.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
man you get nuttier by the day. why would you use a wand to do steps unless your stair tool is broken. i have used the wand to do steps before in a pinch but man the tube burns my hands up after a few secs..and awkward.
do yourself and your customers a favor and use the tool intended for the job..

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
The stairs are cleaner and drier when I use the greenhorn. More flow, more suction.

I don't have a pimped out stair-tool. Just a standard 1 jet swivel tool with 1 1/2 inch tube.

PM your idol Mikey and ask him what he uses to do stairs.

Greenie

Or have the best of both....and use a man's stair tool, a stair tool that cleans like a full sized wand, high flow, 2" tube and FeatherTouch trigger.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Greenie said:
Or have the best of both....and use a man's stair tool, a stair tool that cleans like a full sized wand, high flow, 2" tube and FeatherTouch trigger.

I can't do that after I told my the owner of the company that he needed to spend $300.00 on this stair tool so I had something better than the upholstery tool to do commercial steps with.

I then convinced him to buy the slew of goodies from you greenie, and after reading one of Mikeys posts I decided to give the wand a try, and it turned out it did better than the stair tool. I will not be able to buy another stair tool, unless somebody wants to buy my old one for $275.00

Greenie

You got what you got, just pimp it.

Just changing the jet does a lot for some stair tools.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
B&BGaryC said:
The stairs are cleaner and drier when I use the greenhorn. More flow, more suction.

I don't have a pimped out stair-tool. Just a standard 1 jet swivel tool with 1 1/2 inch tube.

i can assure you mikey is not my idol..matter of fact i will go so far as to say he can kiss my ass and lick my balls, said with the UT most respect..

and like greenie said you should just pimp out your stair tool a little..
i feel for ya if your boss doesn't have enough respect to let you spend 300 bones on a tool you need..and this is the same guy that is going to give you a contract and all the other things you want..
that my friend is a pipe dream if you are fighting for a stair tool..like i said in another post..become self employed.
dave

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
davegill said:
B&BGaryC said:

i can assure you mikey is not my idol..matter of fact i will go so far as to say he can kiss my ass and lick my balls, said with the UT most respect..

and like greenie said you should just pimp out your stair tool a little..
i feel for ya if your boss doesn't have enough respect to let you spend 300 bones on a tool you need..and this is the same guy that is going to give you a contract and all the other things you want..
that my friend is a pipe dream if you are fighting for a stair tool..like i said in another post..become self employed.
dave

I just need to take another english class, or maybe you just read to far into things.

Before I knew about greenie and pimped wands I told my boss I need a three hundred dollar stair tool, and he let me buy it right away. I gave him a list of things I wanted and he let me get one or two a month for a while until I had everything I wanted.

Since I told him the stair tool I have is the one I want, I will look like a twit telling him it's not the one I want, I want a different one and I want to throw the 300 dollar tool I requested and purchased away.

Make sense now?

I can spend money in my division as I bring money into my division and don't spend money foolishly. I made a foolish decision, and rather than tell him that, I will make due with what I have.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I'd like to see your stair tool Greenie, and alot of other products. are you ready to put them on your website yet? I want to buy from you but I don't think you want me calling you at midnight. I like pictures.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
got ya..i would at least try to pimp out the stair tool you hae, it wont cost much and you will be happier with the results.
hell call greenie and ask for 60 day if he adds 15% to the cost and make a few payments..easier than cracking the nut all at once..greenie gets a little more money and you get the tool you need.
and mikey can still kiss my ass..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom