Is It Wrong?

R

R W

A lot of light or no soil carpets can be cleaned without pre-spray.....I still pre-spray just to get some deodorizer down on all the carpet. Remember........if it don't smell good, it ain't clean in the customers eyes......

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
davegill said:
got ya..i would at least try to pimp out the stair tool you hae, it wont cost much and you will be happier with the results.
hell call greenie and ask for 60 day if he adds 15% to the cost and make a few payments..easier than cracking the nut all at once..greenie gets a little more money and you get the tool you need.
and mikey can still kiss my ass..

Again, it's not a matter of not having the money with this company. When I got to go out and buy my van, We bought it in cash.

It's just a matter of me spending my fair share of the company resources... Disaster Restoration is a lot more profitable than carpet cleaning thus far.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Dick you must have a pretty large opperation they named the town after you? Where exactly is Boyleville,Ohio?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
B&BGaryC said:
[quote="Willy P":1e5evas9]When did TRAFFIC LANE CLEANER become prespray?

Do go on.

I wondered what the difference was. One is stronger?[/quote:1e5evas9]
I've been around long enough to remember TLC being pushed, and as the years rolled by, it became a spray you put all over the carpet. Never been able to figure that out. As a side note, spray a car mat down with TLC or PS, hit it with a garden hose and see how long you have to rinse to get it out.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
B&BGaryC said:
davegill said:
got ya..i would at least try to pimp out the stair tool you hae, it wont cost much and you will be happier with the results.
hell call greenie and ask for 60 day if he adds 15% to the cost and make a few payments..easier than cracking the nut all at once..greenie gets a little more money and you get the tool you need.
and mikey can still kiss my ass..

Again, it's not a matter of not having the money with this company. When I got to go out and buy my van, We bought it in cash.

It's just a matter of me spending my fair share of the company resources... Disaster Restoration is a lot more profitable than carpet cleaning thus far.

gary i cant imagine the owner of your company wanting you to clean steps with a wand. i thought you were trying yo build the business and your name in the business. it is all about what the customer sees.
i can tell ya that i would laugh my ass off if i saw someone cleaning a flight of steps with a wand and i would think you didnt have the tool necessary to do the job the right way.
it is called a negative moment of impact. you dont even know your customers are getting one. you will learn about this in your sfs class.

prouddadx3

All carpet should be pre sprayed. It takes from 2 -20 minutes for the pre spray to dwell and loosen up the dirt before you flush it out. How long does the soap have to work when you run it through your Machine? Half a second? If your not using pre spray you probably not getting the carpet as clean as you should. Would you dip your jeans in soap for half a second and throw them in the dryer? How about the car wash without the pre spray?It looks great wet then dries all streaky. Just an old dudes opinion.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Right now i'm using slurry as a rinse. Now if I go into a house that there is NO visable soiling what so ever I'll go with the slurry. I like to pre-spray most jobs but some simply don't need it! You guys can call my a "hack" for that but I know adding a pre-spray wouldn't make any dif.

I think the best part about acid rinses is to the touch, as far as resoiling there has been no problem here.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
The customer sees what I tell them to see.

"Your steps should come out just great. I am going to use the floor tool on them because I found it gets them a little cleaner and they also dry quicker."

"Oh thanks, but this Dave guy told me you were a hack."

"That's just because I told him to eat a turd. I guess he holds grudges just like I do."

However, it's a moot point, because the pimping of my stair-wand has begun.

And on a serious note, I appreciate your concern.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Able 1 said:
Right now i'm using slurry as a rinse. Now if I go into a house that there is NO visable soiling what so ever I'll go with the slurry. I like to pre-spray most jobs but some simply don't need it! You guys can call my a "hack" for that but I know adding a pre-spray wouldn't make any dif.

I think the best part about acid rinses is to the touch, as far as resoiling there has been no problem here.

Hey guys, what does the IICRC CCT manual say about underneath furniture?

I'm pretty sure you don't pre-spray that.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I think a true cleaner knows when to use what tools and processes, and that you clean every job exactly the same.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I look at it this way:

If I tell the client the "truth" about carpet cleaning, will he want my service where I prespray and rinse or the other guy where he does it all with one solution? If the custy truely wants clean carpet then I will sell them on 2-step every time and they will never go back to 1-step. The 1-step cleaner has to make up all kinds of excuses as to why they are not 2-step cleaning.
Fact cleaning or excuse cleaning?

2-step cleaning will always out perform 1-step. Its just that most cleaners don't want to take the time and effort to do what they know they should. They would rather 1-step, make it look clean, it feels "ok" afterward (with nothing else to compare to), and clean a house whole house in an hour rather than take 2-3.
Hello Nationwide and Stanley Steamer!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom