Is it wrong?

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Is it wrong to charge this nice old lady my $95 minimum for a rework?

I serviced her home in 6-16-14. Some spots wicked back and I scheduled a rework for 7-14-14, no big deal. On 7-14-14 she called in to cancel the rework for whatever personal issues.

Today when she called to reschedule the rework I advised that I would have to charge her my $95 minimum because of the prior cancelled appointment. She was not accepting the fact that day of cancellations cost me real cash.

We do her home twice a year since 2011 and I have never invoiced over $200. It is already a $$ looser because it is 1 hour each way, out of my preferred service range and very inconvenient to get to.

Do I call her back and insist on spotting for free or ignore it, move along, and hope she does not know where the internet is...

The conversation ended with me offering to do it for free due to her push back, but she just hung up on me.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Go ahead and charge her the $95.00 but you'll go to HELL for it. :p

I'd do it for free,it was a reservice. I hate leaving someone with hard feelings, if nothing else I'd call her back and apologize for upsetting her. Especially in this day where a negative comment from her on social media could be very damaging.

It sounds like she's been a faithful client, just because she cancelled you're punishing her? Its always been out of your service area so you shouldn't hold that against her now for her touch up. However you'll have to decide if you want the job or not, going forward.

If you're sure you don't want it any longer then let her know after you clean it. If you do, then raise the price so you feel better about servicing the client and let her know next time there will be a slight increase in price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Newman

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Oh You went an Ticked off Mrs Piff..........

Umm Boy, shitstorms a brewing buddy!

Dont Do That.... : )

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Brian is right. Cancellations are a fact of life for carpet cleaners. The lesson to learn is have things set to do for those times you get cancellations. Maybe maintenance. Maybe a job you have keys to and can go anytime. Maybe marketing. Make sure that when a cancellation does come in, it is not costing you money.

Then go correct her wicking problem for no charge.

Reactions: Newman

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
you guys drive an HOUR to a job.......??

my furthest job was maybe 10 min away......and THEN they would have two or three in a row..

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
you guys drive an HOUR to a job.......??

my furthest job was maybe 10 min away......and THEN they would have two or two in a row..

If the Cash that slaps my hand is heavy enough.............

U betchurazz I would, and Have : )

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Def fix the spotting, maybe you can schedule her when you have another job out in that area so your not just driving out there to do a no charge job. If we ever get a call back for something that needs fixing, we schedule in the same zip code as other jobs so we can hit it real quick and move on..

If she does know how to use the internet... reviews don't usually go away... so better to get no review or at least a review from her saying you took care of it.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
fix it and then fire her or double your prices. unless your in business to lose $. CC'ing isn't a need, it's a want.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Is it wrong to charge this nice old lady my $95 minimum for a rework?

I serviced her home in 6-16-14. Some spots wicked back and I scheduled a rework for 7-14-14, no big deal. On 7-14-14 she called in to cancel the rework for whatever personal issues.

Today when she called to reschedule the rework I advised that I would have to charge her my $95 minimum because of the prior cancelled appointment. She was not accepting the fact that day of cancellations cost me real cash.

We do her home twice a year since 2011 and I have never invoiced over $200. It is already a $$ looser because it is 1 hour each way, out of my preferred service range and very inconvenient to get to.

Do I call her back and insist on spotting for free or ignore it, move along, and hope she does not know where the internet is...

The conversation ended with me offering to do it for free due to her push back, but she just hung up on me.

Generally, if we cause the issue(wicking). We cannot charge them to fix it.:hopeless:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
We personally have learned to jump on redos and get them handled ASAP.
Yep. And I take a small box of good quality chocolates for them as well for the inconvenience. New customers cost a lot of money and effort, it's just easier to maintain the ones you have. We're in the service business, not the sheep herding business.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Yep. And I take a small box of good quality chocolates for them as well for the inconvenience. New customers cost a lot of money and effort, it's just easier to maintain the ones you have. We're in the service business, not the sheep herding business.

Man I really like that idea also. The redos or touchups as we call them are typically some urine in the padding we weren't aware of, filtration lines that are minor, or just simply worn areas that the client just doesn't understand. Especially when they're not home to explain it to them face-to-face.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom